PDA

View Full Version : 6 Characters Who Show Up in Every Zombie Movie

Thorn
27-Oct-2009, 04:27 PM
Over the decades, the zombie film has become a cherished American institution. We love the moaning bastards so much that their rotting insides may as well be apple pie filling.

(Warning: Do not eat zombie insides, no matter how delicious. You will become a zombie.)

Like any institution, though, details may change but the core experience remains the same. When the zombie apocalypse comes, they might be fast or slow, the world could be post-apocalyptic or day-after-tomorrow, and the social commentary could be heavy-handed or non-existent, but the people you'll encounter will probably seem pretty familiar. Because if we've learned anything, it's that humans are only capable of six psychological reactions to a scourge of the undead. And here they are.

Follow Link For whole story....

http://www.cracked.com/article/164_6-characters-who-show-up-in-every-zombie-movie/

SRP76
27-Oct-2009, 04:40 PM
Most of those don't appear in any Romero Dead flick.

Could be that people don't realize Romero's movies exist anymore. At least hadn't watched them, anyway.

bassman
27-Oct-2009, 05:14 PM
Most of those don't appear in any Romero Dead flick.

Really? I can imagine a Romero character in every one of those roles....

kortick
27-Oct-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah but those types of charecters
are in a lot of types of movies
besides zombie films.

where is the running girl who keeps looking
back and falls and breaks her ankle?

deadpunk
23-Nov-2009, 03:19 AM
They forgot a few, actually... How about:

The wingman

Every good hero has a sidekick and a zombie killing bad ass is no different. Who else is gonna be the comic relief? Not the hero, he's too busy slaying the undead and bagging the only piece of decent tail left on the planet.

Identifying Characteristics:

*Not as good looking as the hero (but still better looking than your neighbor. It is a movie after all) and slightly overweight.

*Has a smart assed remark handy for any ocassion.

*Quite often is still a fan of grunge music and the fashion it inspired.

*Is the only character everyone seems content to let live once bitten.

*Usually can't be bothered to acknowledge the undead as more than a nuisance. Is wholly undependable when asked to help out.

Chances of Survival:

Not so hot. The wingman is usually someone that the audience warms to quickly, consequently, he makes for a great emotional tool in keeping the audiences' attention. Expect to be bitten halfway through the movie and get knocked off by your friend near the end. Best case scenario is to surive and watch the hero bed the last living female, so it's not like death is all that bad.

Recommended Course of Action:

Party it up. You're sure as shit not gonna make it, so you might as well have fun while you can.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2009, 12:21 PM
Everyone one of those character types are fully represented in Romero's films and to a great extreme might I add with Day being the worst offender on the list, and I don't mean that as a bad thing, it is one of the many things I like about zombie flicks.