PDA

View Full Version : Easy-as-piss halloween costume ideas - "dead celebrities"?

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2009, 06:32 PM
There's a chance I might be going to a halloween house party, where the costume theme is "dead celebrities".

The criteria is:

come as a dead famous person, a fictional dead person, or a "deaded up" living celebrity

However, being as unprepared and lazy as I am, I was wondering if any of you fine forum folks had any suggestions to help me out, something that is piss-easy to pull off being a primary factor. :D

SymphonicX
27-Oct-2009, 06:42 PM
easy, leather jacket and quiff - James Dean....

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2009, 06:46 PM
easy, leather jacket and quiff - James Dean....
Good, but I don't have a leather jacket, and I got all my hair shaved right down last week. :D

SymphonicX
27-Oct-2009, 06:50 PM
ahhh....big spanner in that one then....

How about a huge comedy hand - Jeremy Beadle....

Mike70
27-Oct-2009, 06:50 PM
payne stewart. argyle socks, a funny hat and your pants pulled up to your knees.

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/stewart.jpg

bassman
27-Oct-2009, 06:51 PM
Hunter S. Thompson or "Raoul Duke" would be a simple one to put together and at the same time most people know who he is...

Tricky
27-Oct-2009, 07:08 PM
Long black curly wig, sunglasses, top hat, slash!

SymphonicX
27-Oct-2009, 07:24 PM
It's just Slash's career that's dead....

BillyRay
27-Oct-2009, 07:59 PM
You won't be able to chuck a penny without hitting a "Thriller Zombie Michael Jackson" this Halloween, I'm afraid...

major jay
27-Oct-2009, 08:36 PM
If you can get some fishnet stockings and a dark wig you could go as David Carradine.

clanglee
27-Oct-2009, 08:40 PM
If you can get some fishnet stockings and a dark wig you could go as David Carradine.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:. . . . . . .:|. . . .too soon. . . .;)

Tricky
27-Oct-2009, 08:54 PM
The party im going to at the weekend although not celebrity themed, does have a few people going as horror celebrities! We have a Zombie Hitler, Amy Winehouse, dead marylin monroe...

clanglee
27-Oct-2009, 10:22 PM
The party im going to at the weekend although not celebrity themed, does have a few people going as horror celebrities! We have a Zombie Hitler, Amy Winehouse, dead marylin monroe...

I find it funny that you don't need to add "dead" or "zombie" in front of Amy Winehouse's name. :D

Mike70
27-Oct-2009, 10:27 PM
I find it funny that you don't need to add "dead" or "zombie" in front of Amy Winehouse's name. :D

dammit clang, you just beat me to that. i had my own snappy comment on amy winehouse.:p:moon:

kortick
27-Oct-2009, 10:30 PM
Elvis is always easy.
they sell Elvis costumes everywhere
slap on some make up and ur all set.

or get a ronald reagan mask, hes been dead since
he took office in 1980

but I dare u to go as Farrah Fawcett, thats who
i would pick if i was going.

capncnut
27-Oct-2009, 10:36 PM
but I dare u to go as Farrah Fawcett, thats who i would pick if i was going.
Yeah MZ, you could buy a blonde wig and wear it on top of your Zombie Man mask. :D

MoonSylver
28-Oct-2009, 01:13 AM
Even though no one would know who you were, I say get a long gray hair wig, tie it back in a ponytail, a pair of horn rim glasses, & zombie makeup & go as Zombie George Romero.:D

Huuurrrrmmmm....;)

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2009, 10:25 AM
Even though no one would know who you were, I say get a long gray hair wig, tie it back in a ponytail, a pair of horn rim glasses, & zombie makeup & go as Zombie George Romero.:D

Huuurrrrmmmm....;)
lol, I had briefly thought of that actually. :D Get a bit meta or something.

Not sure if I'll actually be able to go now or not, we'll see eh...

Skippy911sc
28-Oct-2009, 01:13 PM
The crocodile hunter Steve Irwin...a pair of shots and a short sleave shirt, then a big blood stain on the chest...your done.

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2009, 02:49 PM
:lol:

Ouch.

Was having a bath this morning and had a brainwave as Green Day came on my stereo - zombie Billie Joe Armstrong.

Black jeans, black shirt, red tie (best I could find in my entire town, which is filled with charity shops, was burgundy, but still...), and a spiky wig ... although it's a mohawk, which isn't a BJA hair-do, but it was the best I could find at such short notice. I could have bought a twice-the-price Kiss wig and cut half the hair off, but why the fuck would I waste like £8 cutting a bunch of hair off ... besides, mohawk is more 'punkish' (even though GD aren't really punk, but are often referred to as such).

And yeah, that's kinda the idea ... had thought of going as Andy Warhol's theory of "15 Minutes of Fame", but that was kinda naff, so...yeah, Billie Joe Armstrong (as best I could manage on Halloween morning in a small town filled with charity shops :p) as a zombie.

MinionZombie
01-Nov-2009, 07:25 PM
Just back from a weekend of halloween party fun, it was bloody good stuff.

Will post a picture of myself in all my last-minute costume glory.

Put simply, the party we were attending was in one massive house, right next door to another massive house having another halloween party. So we essentially had two parties for one, bargain!

The theme was "dead celebrities" (currently dead, living or fictional characters), I went with a kind-of-Billie-Joe-Armstrong look, while some of my chums were Charlie Chaplin, the drummer from Spinal Tap, Che Guevara, Bill Hicks, Patrick Swayze, and - somewhat controversially, but generally just in overtly comedic bad taste - Madelaine McCann ... started the evening off with some drinks, doritos and a viewing on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre round another house, and generally had a right old laugh ... oh and some chick dressed as Dorothy had an insanely short skirt on, and couldn't help but flash everyone downstairs as she went upstairs, which was nice. :D

There were Ghostbusters, an elderly Elvis, a ninja, Hitler and many others rocking the joints, and even a silent wall-projected screening of Faster Pussycat Kill Kill going on. Lots of effort put in, grave stones, smoke machines, lighting - impressive.

One of my mates got ludicrously drunk and was pure comedic genius ... seeing a slaughtered Che Guevara salute left wing politics with a vodka jelly shot, before discussing revolutions with a ninja from next door was just quality.

So yeah, a bonza time alright!

Tricky
02-Nov-2009, 08:32 AM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1073/15447163904780591580440.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3121/15447163904810591580440.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7555/11658125829142076313339.jpg

Danny
02-Nov-2009, 09:18 AM
Saw a guy on halloween as rodney danger field on one half of him, bill hicks on the other, and he could impersonate both flawlessly.

it was epic as fook.

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2009, 03:52 PM
*waiting for bassman to show up and offer critiques of ghostbusters costumes*

MoonSylver
02-Nov-2009, 03:55 PM

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!!! HEEEERRRREEE HEEEEE COMEEEES!!!!!":eek::lol:

AcesandEights
02-Nov-2009, 04:20 PM
Prof. beat me to it :D

Cool mask, Tricky!

bassman
02-Nov-2009, 05:10 PM

I'm actually glad to see people remembering the franchise. I'm just a GB freak, so I don't expect everyone to spend the time and money to make a near accurate suit. For most folks it's just a cool suit for one night of the year, so the blow up pack and suit is the way to go.:)

Is that DJ as Uncle Fester?:confused:

capncnut
02-Nov-2009, 05:12 PM
Is that DJ as Uncle Fester?:confused:
I gotta admit, he bears an uncanny resemblance. :lol:

Tricky
02-Nov-2009, 05:18 PM
Ha ha its my mate Kris as Fester, he's a member of the fuzz although you really wouldnt think so when he's off duty! :lol:

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2009, 05:48 PM
Aye, the party next door to the party I was officially attending had a couple of dudes with inflatable GB proton packs, so aye - the thought, rather than the insane (but awesome) effort that a certain man of bass has put in. :)

Also - below is me all decked out in halloween regalia...

First pic is me - as a 'best-as-I-could-manage-at-last-minute' Billie Joe Armstrong (from Green Day), with Charlie Chaplin, as well as an absolutely sozzled Che Guevara - played by Ben, otherwise known by some of you as BenZee ("IAZM2") or the dude from "VHS" and "VHS: Long Play". :lol:

Second pic is me with Charlie Chaplin (annoyingly, his superior costume was put together even more last minute than mine ... but he did already have all the necessary stuff pretty much).

Third pic is me with Patrick Swayze (first on my left, and he's also the guy that plays Zombie Man, fact fans), the ever-controversial Madelaine McCann (next to Swayze, he told us he was going for something controversial, but he really blew us away with his slab of bad taste - not that any of us were actually offended, just stunned), then there's Charlie Chaplin, and ducking in at the bottom is the drummer from Spinal Tap.

So yeah, tip-top night. :cool:

Kaos
03-Nov-2009, 12:49 AM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1073/15447163904780591580440.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3121/15447163904810591580440.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7555/11658125829142076313339.jpg

The bald, white faced guy looks like a little known horror movie host from Northern Virginia in the 80's and 90's known as the Bowman Body.

Here is a pic:
http://www.virginiacreepersmovie.com/virginiahorrorhosts/bowmanbody.jpg

http://www.tvacres.com/images/horror_bowman2.jpg