PDA

View Full Version : Autographs Pt. 2

FoodFight
27-Oct-2009, 07:42 PM
OK, here's the situation. I recently discovered that a co-worker is a former child actor of some notoreity. He doesn't hide the fact, but doesn't actively promote it either. Actually he brought up the subject of acting so it clearly isn't taboo. I don't collect autographs and I'm leaning toward not asking, not only because it's something I've never been interested in doing, but also that it may hurt our working relationship. What would you do?

darth los
27-Oct-2009, 07:50 PM
I would get the autograph only if the situation came up. Like say you were at a family/work event and the kid was there or something. But to do it now would look thirsty and inflate the dude's ego more than it probably already is. Because that's one thing you can count on about a parent who has a child in the entertainment industry.

:cool:

clanglee
27-Oct-2009, 07:55 PM
No, I wouldn't get it. You work with the guy, that would just be creepy and uncomfortable.

FoodFight
27-Oct-2009, 07:56 PM
OK, I wasn't clear about this. He is no longer a child. He's older than I am and hasn't been too involved in entertainment for some time.

BillyRay
27-Oct-2009, 08:04 PM
How formal is your work relationship with this person?

If it's a pretty square enviornment, or you only work a limited ammount of time together, I'd say leave him be.

But if you have a casual give-and-take, where you goof on each other, why not? Assuming it's just for fun, and you're not planning to turn a profit on it on ebay.

Danny
28-Oct-2009, 08:04 AM
No, I wouldn't get it. You work with the guy, that would just be creepy and uncomfortable.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/1scruffy.jpg

second.

FoodFight
28-Oct-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks, guys. I had pretty much made up my mind to not pursue it when I posted part 1, but wanted some other insights. No offense to the collectors, but I don't think I'll start my own collection.

.....But if he shows up with a fistful of 8X10 glossies..........

clanglee
28-Oct-2009, 07:22 PM
Don't suppose you are willing to give us a hint as to who it is?

BillyRay
28-Oct-2009, 07:54 PM

Place yer bets!

I say it's a Corey.

Or the other Corey.

Anybody up for making a poll?

Philly_SWAT
28-Oct-2009, 10:36 PM
OK, here's the situation. I recently discovered that a co-worker is a former child actor of some notoreity. He doesn't hide the fact, but doesn't actively promote it either. Actually he brought up the subject of acting so it clearly isn't taboo. I don't collect autographs and I'm leaning toward not asking, not only because it's something I've never been interested in doing, but also that it may hurt our working relationship. What would you do?

Well, I would ask Yojimbo what he thinks about it!

FoodFight
07-Nov-2009, 06:01 AM
Sorry, out of respect for his privacy I'll have to pass

capncnut
07-Nov-2009, 02:19 PM
Place yer bets!

I say it's a Corey.

http://oraclespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/gary-coleman.jpg

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Billy Ray?" :D

BillyRay
09-Nov-2009, 04:49 PM
http://oraclespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/gary-coleman.jpg

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Billy Ray?" :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think FoodFight would've recognised him...

SymphonicX
11-Nov-2009, 09:42 AM
I demand to know who this is!!!!!!!!!!

(it's probably a sitcom actor from a show we didn't get over here but still...!!!)

It's probably Zak from Saved by the Bell..!!