PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Creeps DVD and Blu-Ray - Did you get yours?

DjfunkmasterG
27-Oct-2009, 09:09 PM
Picked mine up with my Best Buy Rewards along with Natural born Killers (Blu-Rays for both) So far the special features on the Blu Edition are top notch and since both discs only cost me $5.85 out of pocket because of my points and rewards, it would still be worth full price.

About to get into the movie itself, but I suggest getting the blu version... transfer is nothing special, but the featurettes and other bits and pieces are cool to see. :D

bassman
28-Oct-2009, 08:36 PM
Even though I was really looking forward to this release about a month ago.....I totally forgot about it until I happened to see it in Walmart of all places.

I just picked it up last night and checked out the features. Very good for a small film like this that didn't have much for specials. The documentary is good, but also has a bunch of that typical "We are all friends/the set was like being at home" crap. The writer/director commentary is great. Constant info and they keep it interesting.

Can't wait to sit down with the ol lady tonight and give it a proper viewing.

So far I would say: BUY IT! You can't go wrong with such a fun film and the features are great.

acealive1
28-Oct-2009, 09:08 PM
Even though I was really looking forward to this release about a month ago.....I totally forgot about it until I happened to see it in Walmart of all places.

I just picked it up last night and checked out the features. Very good for a small film like this that didn't have much for specials. The documentary is good, but also has a bunch of that typical "We are all friends/the set was like being at home" crap. The writer/director commentary is great. Constant info and they keep it interesting.

Can't wait to sit down with the ol lady tonight and give it a proper viewing.

So far I would say: BUY IT! You can't go wrong with such a fun film and the features are great.

how much was it?

bassman
28-Oct-2009, 09:46 PM
how much was it?

I believe the standard DVD was about 15 bucks at Walmart. Not sure about everywhere else. And of course the Blu Ray is about 10 bucks more.:dead:

acealive1
29-Oct-2009, 07:39 PM
I believe the standard DVD was about 15 bucks at Walmart. Not sure about everywhere else. And of course the Blu Ray is about 10 bucks more.:dead:

damn, with that said. it seems like the gate on dvd is the better bargain extras wise

DjfunkmasterG
29-Oct-2009, 10:07 PM
damn, with that said. it seems like the gate on dvd is the better bargain extras wise

Yeah but the Gate isn't as good of a movie as Night of the Creeps

bassman
30-Oct-2009, 01:43 AM
After going over the dvd, I have to say this....you're a silly person if you pass up this opportunity. It's a classic cheese film with awesome references and it's finally getting the dvd/HD treatment that it deserves. This is one of those rare dvd releases that really is a must.

This is what ROTLD tried to be. :p

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 01:55 AM
It's not a bad film, I suppose. Someone gave me this on DVD (which I later found out was a very clever bootleg) in 2006 and I've only watched it twice. It don't have any extras but it's got two versions of the film on it. If I cared more I might've bought it officially but I think I'll stick with the dodgy one.

bassman
30-Oct-2009, 02:13 AM
It's not a bad film, I suppose. Someone gave me this on DVD (which I later found out was a very clever bootleg) in 2006 and I've only watched it twice. It don't have any extras but it's got two versions of the film on it. If I cared more I might've bought it officially but I think I'll stick with the dodgy one.

The two versions you got are probably the same as what's out there now. The original theatrical release had the she shock ending while the "directors cut" has the intended ending with the grave yard.

This DVD may not seem worth it's wait in gold to some, but the features make it well worth the money. A nice 60 min doc, additional features, and an HD transfer that most thought would never happen makes this a perfect purchase.

As I've said before.......This is the tribute film that ROTLD thought it tried to be.:p

MoonSylver
30-Oct-2009, 02:33 AM
After going over the dvd, I have to say this....you're a silly person if you pass up this opportunity. It's a classic cheese film with awesome references and it's finally getting the dvd/HD treatment that it deserves. This is one of those rare dvd releases that really is a must.

This is what ROTLD tried to be. :p

I'm going by Wally World tonight & see if they have it!

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 02:53 AM
As I've said before.......This is the tribute film that ROTLD thought it tried to be.:p
Would you like a bit more bait for your hook? ;):p

MoonSylver
31-Oct-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm going by Wally World tonight & see if they have it!

Went tonight & got it. Will watch later, but quite an impressive number of extras for a standard, $15 release.

Good God what an UGLY cover though! What was wrong with THIS one:

http://1416andcounting.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/o_night_of_the_creeps_autre_image1.jpg

I'm tempted to print that off & slip it inside the DVD cover just so I don't have to look at the other one...;)

acealive1
31-Oct-2009, 07:17 AM
Went tonight & got it. Will watch later, but quite an impressive number of extras for a standard, $15 release.

Good God what an UGLY cover though! What was wrong with THIS one:

http://1416andcounting.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/o_night_of_the_creeps_autre_image1.jpg

I'm tempted to print that off & slip it inside the DVD cover just so I don't have to look at the other one...;)

theres an ebay version that has the theatrical and tv cut on two dvds with that very dvd art.

Bone Daddy
13-Nov-2009, 09:19 PM
The Blu-Ray cover art is quite bland and unimaginative, I much prefer the old VHS cover art.

NOTC SE DVD is spot on. Lots of goodies on the DVD. 'Bout time!

Philly_SWAT
13-Nov-2009, 10:00 PM
The good news is that I bought this DVD to watch with my date. The bad news is, she's dead.

acealive1
13-Nov-2009, 10:39 PM
The Blu-Ray cover art is quite bland and unimaginative, I much prefer the old VHS cover art.

NOTC SE DVD is spot on. Lots of goodies on the DVD. 'Bout time!

amazon gave us three choices for art and all three of them sucked. i voted for the least sucky one

rongravy
14-Nov-2009, 06:51 AM
Me too, I forgot all about this and stopped checking for it.
I have to find and buy it this weekend. Surely Best Buy or Hastings has it, and I will swing by a few Wal Marts along the way to be on the safe side. Or I guess I can call first...
This is a perfect movie, it has a little of everything in it. I even still answer the phone like the detective.
I wish I had a blu ray, but I will definitely settle for the dvd. Now I have to go see what the new cover art looks like. I liked the old. Classy.

acealive1
14-Nov-2009, 02:39 PM
Me too, I forgot all about this and stopped checking for it.
I have to find and buy it this weekend. Surely Best Buy or Hastings has it, and I will swing by a few Wal Marts along the way to be on the safe side. Or I guess I can call first...
This is a perfect movie, it has a little of everything in it. I even still answer the phone like the detective.
I wish I had a blu ray, but I will definitely settle for the dvd. Now I have to go see what the new cover art looks like. I liked the old. Classy.

now i gotta go buy it so i can remember how tom atkins answers the phone

rongravy
14-Nov-2009, 10:16 PM
now i gotta go buy it so i can remember how tom atkins answers the phone
"Thrill me."

MikePizzoff
14-Nov-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah but the Gate isn't as good of a movie as Night of the Creeps

I like them equally, for far different reasons. I don't think the two can be compared, other than them both being 80's flicks.

acealive1
15-Nov-2009, 02:55 AM
"Thrill me."

i should slap myself for not remembering how he answers the phone but remembering he says that through out the movie :annoyed:

rongravy
16-Nov-2009, 03:12 AM
i should slap myself for not remembering how he answers the phone but remembering he says that through out the movie :annoyed:

I think he answers it different ways, but that's the one that struck me as the funniest every time. I haven't gotten this dvd yet, but I see it in my very near future. I have it on video cassette but haven't dusted off the vcr in a long time. I wanna see it so bad, the detective is the best character in the movie.

acealive1
16-Nov-2009, 03:59 AM
I think he answers it different ways, but that's the one that struck me as the funniest every time. I haven't gotten this dvd yet, but I see it in my very near future. I have it on video cassette but haven't dusted off the vcr in a long time. I wanna see it so bad, the detective is the best character in the movie.

he sure is, he has 50's cop written all over him

rongravy
19-Nov-2009, 12:57 AM
Even better, I bought it at Best Buy tonight for $15. What a bunch of maroons, what a steal!
I noticed the blu ray doesn't have more stuff on it, I'm glad. I hate seeing what extras I'm not going to get.
Time to break it out.