PDA

View Full Version : Mega 64: everything delayed by modern warfare 2

Danny
28-Oct-2009, 11:46 AM
BW_Niblip2g

pretty much sums it up for me, im sick to my back teeth of generic war shooters by now, but oh well, somethings gotta tide people over between madden games.:|

MikePizzoff
28-Oct-2009, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't say it's generic, really. It's bringing a lot of new stuff to the table, if you ask me...

Danny
28-Oct-2009, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't say it's generic, really. It's bringing a lot of new stuff to the table, if you ask me...

new types of guns?what in particular?, to be honest, madden jokes aside i have enjoyed any shooter outside the sci-fi/horror genre since G.R.A.W and thats still sci-fi to a point.

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2009, 05:10 PM
I won't be havin' any bitchin' at Modern Warfare, COD4 pwned, and MW2 is the two of the one-two punch that is Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare extravaganza.

Calling MW2 "generic" is like saying hellsing "totally loves everything all the time" ... it's just not true. :D

MW1 has an interesting story, cool characters, epic drama, intense action, fantastic visuals, and it generally sucked everyone dry it was so awesome.

MW2 is gonna be guaranteed sauce-of-the-awesome-variety.

There's a huge difference between a new proper Call of Duty title coming out, and another yearly installment of Madden which has been going far longer as a franchise - plus, that's EA, and they're in a whole league of their own ... or another yearly instalment of Tony Hawk.

You could just as easily, with your jaded pants on, say "ugh, another sports game" or "ugh, another high-res racing game" or "ugh, another quirky indie title with cutesie characters and a great marketting gimmick" or "ugh, another open world game" or "ugh, another horror game where you creep around dark rooms" or "ugh, another game set in space on a scary space station", or...

*falls off his chair*

MikePizzoff
28-Oct-2009, 06:30 PM
You could just as easily, with your jaded pants on, say "ugh, another sports game" or "ugh, another high-res racing game" or "ugh, another quirky indie title with cutesie characters and a great marketting gimmick" or "ugh, another open world game" or "ugh, another horror game where you creep around dark rooms" or "ugh, another game set in space on a scary space station", or...

*falls off his chair*

Exactly. Thank you, Nick.

We may have to form a MW2 fanboy crew here and just dismiss any other games that come along. :p;)

mista_mo
28-Oct-2009, 06:45 PM
I think he means generic in that fundamentally it brings nothing new to the table. Everything you listed for Call of Duties "ungenericness" can be said of Halo as well, or Killzone, or Half-life, etc. What does it do to differentiate it self form other titles, except taking place in a modern setting and being a Call of duty game?

When It comes down to it, most shooters are the same. run, gun, take cover, kill bad guys, sit back and recharge health (wtf happened to health packs these days?) go ride vehicles, kill enemies, repeat. I'm not saying it is a bad game at all- it looks really damn awesome- but it is incredibly generic. That doesn't mean it won't be fun or good. Hell, the multiplayer itself looks really tight, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

You seem to be missing what he is saying though. He isn't saying that it won't be good, he is just saying that it will be exactly the same as the previous title, and the game before that, and before that.

although, I do find it ironic that a Final Fantasy game was in that "reporters" list of pushed back games. what are we at for those, like, 700? Yep, we totally need a new one.

Danny
28-Oct-2009, 06:48 PM

You seem to be missing what he is saying though. He isn't saying that it won't be good, he is just saying that it will be exactly the same as the previous title, and the game before that, and before that.

although, I do find it ironic that a Final Fantasy game was in that "reporters" list of pushed back games. what are we at for those, like, 700? Yep, we totally need a new one.

^This.

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2009, 07:49 PM
Exactly. Thank you, Nick.

We may have to form a MW2 fanboy crew here and just dismiss any other games that come along. :p;)

*MW2 is teh awesomest five!* :D

MW1 was like a kick ass action war movie that you could play, it was an adrenaline fuelled fist punch right to your fun zone with a kiss and a cuddle afterwards. It inspired awe, gasps and shock in the player and was put simply - brilliant stuff.

MW2 is clearly taking that same baton and running with it harder and faster - why is this a bad thing? It's not like we're talking about MW23 is it? :rolleyes:

Speaking of IW - what I want to see from them after MW2, is the Vietnam-based FPS war game. They've done WW2 perfectly, they've done Modern Warfare perfectly, so I wanna see them give us the Vietnam shooter that we've never had ... Vietcong didn't do it for me ... so yeah, that's what I want them to do next.

But look at the world of movies, you have great movies out there, but you could easily put on your skidmarked jaded pants and say...

"pfft, District 9 was crap" - but it was bloody good. It didn't re-invent the wheel, you can't really do that anymore anyway, hell, like Orson Welles was saying when he was making masterworks like Citizen Kane, all the stories you could do have been done, but did that stop cinema going on to produce decades of cinematic treats? No. Did it stop Welles himself making Touche of Evil? No.

Some crap shooter like "Pariah" (first one to spring to my mind) - yes, that's generic - bland, dull, boring - but MW2 will build upon the established greatness of MW1 and give our fun zones a right old rodgering.

You know, sometimes a movie or game being really successful means the product is good. :p

As for games companies running scared to the Spring to avoid MW2, it's pretty retarded, because now they're all up against each other. They all need to work towards a more even-spread of releases.

I've just got the new GTA today, and in the next couple of weeks I've got Ghostbusters AND the new Modern Warfare. That's a right old bottleneck, and it'll be the same thing in the Spring.

SPREAD OUT THE RELEASES YOU DOPES!

And you know what, sometimes you gotta strap on a dick and put your product up alongside Modern Warfare 2. :D

mista_mo
28-Oct-2009, 08:04 PM
*MW2 is teh awesomest five!* :D

MW1 was like a kick ass action war movie that you could play, it was an adrenaline fuelled fist punch right to your fun zone with a kiss and a cuddle afterwards. It inspired awe, gasps and shock in the player and was put simply - brilliant stuff.

MW2 is clearly taking that same baton and running with it harder and faster - why is this a bad thing? It's not like we're talking about MW23 is it? :rolleyes:

Again, he never said that it was an inheritanly bad game, just that it is more of the same that we've been seeing for several years now. Yes, it was great, It was fun, online is top tier as well, but when it comes down to it, it is still "run down a linear path, kill bad guys (in this case Russians and terrorists) and save world". Oh look, this gun has a heat detector on it, oh man, look at this cool ass snowmobile level, whoa dude, like there are 4000000 new guns in this game. My jaw is now dropped at all the revolutionary advances this thing is brining to the table. Because if it is anything the shooter genre needs, it is different weapon skins, weapon attachments, and snowmobile levels.

I'm going to reiterate this point, in bold this time though, as it was missed last

HE NEVER SAID IT WAS A BADGAME, JUST OVERBLOWN AND GENERIC

Which it is, just like Halo 3 was before it. Will it be great fun? Yea, no doubt, but it is hardly the revolution the gaming community needs.

CoinReturn
28-Oct-2009, 08:16 PM
The word "generic" get's thrown around a lot these days, and I don't think Halo and Call of Duty fit in that category. The following are what I'd consider generic:

-America's Army
-Secret Service
-Hour of Victory
-Soldier of Fortune: Payback
-Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
-History Channel -- Civil War: A Nation Divided
-Conflict: Denied Ops

All of those games try and fail to borrow things from greater shooter franchises, and you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart.

Now, if you see somebody playing Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3, you'd know in a split second what they were playing. That's being unparalleled, not generic.

MinionZombie
29-Oct-2009, 11:14 AM
The word "generic" get's thrown around a lot these days, and I don't think Halo and Call of Duty fit in that category. The following are what I'd consider generic:

-America's Army
-Secret Service
-Hour of Victory
-Soldier of Fortune: Payback
-Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
-History Channel -- Civil War: A Nation Divided
-Conflict: Denied Ops

All of those games try and fail to borrow things from greater shooter franchises, and you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart.

Now, if you see somebody playing Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3, you'd know in a split second what they were playing. That's being unparalleled, not generic.
*high-fuckin'-five*

Damn straight Coin, spot-the-fuck-on.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Oct-2009, 12:26 PM
I won't be havin' any bitchin' at Modern Warfare, COD4 pwned, and MW2 is the two of the one-two punch that is Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare extravaganza.

Calling MW2 "generic" is like saying hellsing "totally loves everything all the time" ... it's just not true. :D

MW1 has an interesting story, cool characters, epic drama, intense action, fantastic visuals, and it generally sucked everyone dry it was so awesome.

MW2 is gonna be guaranteed sauce-of-the-awesome-variety.

There's a huge difference between a new proper Call of Duty title coming out, and another yearly installment of Madden which has been going far longer as a franchise - plus, that's EA, and they're in a whole league of their own ... or another yearly instalment of Tony Hawk.

*falls off his chair*

Wow, I see you love MW2... maybe you can slide some of that love over to the DAWN remake... eh maybe? I guess not. :lol:

MinionZombie
29-Oct-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, I see you love MW2... maybe you can slide some of that love over to the DAWN remake... eh maybe? I guess not. :lol:
Yawn04 can still lick the nuts out of my sheeeeeeit, that futhermocking piece of shit. :elol:

SymphonicX
29-Oct-2009, 06:43 PM
Generic seems to be interpreted here as "dull copycat" - I think it just has a loose assosciation with "copycat" but doesn't necessarily mean dull...sometimes I get the feeling that I'm playing either good or bad generic games - like BFBC, CodWAW, resistance fall of man, etc - draw your own conclusion on that..

each game tries to bring something different to the table and some of these things work and some don't - pick any shitty team based shooter that's tried to introduce some spectacularly bad AI system or combat mode - those things alone don't qualify the games as being "generic - by these standards...

Anyway MW2 is going to be like a fuckin' pig's orgasm...pants shittingly amazing and full of megaWIN! WOOOOOOOO

"Tangos!! by that low wall!!!!!!!"

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2009, 10:38 AM
Anyway MW2 is going to be like a fuckin' pig's orgasm...pants shittingly amazing and full of megaWIN! WOOOOOOOO

"Tangos!! by that low wall!!!!!!!"

I love you man ... but in a totally heterosexual, internet message board, high-fiving-over-mutual-love-of-Modern-Warfare-2 kinda way... ;)

SymphonicX
31-Oct-2009, 03:02 PM
LULZ...I inspired an actual signature that wasn't a commentary on my personality defects!!!

MinionZombie
01-Nov-2009, 07:10 PM
LULZ...I inspired an actual signature that wasn't a commentary on my personality defects!!!
:D lol dude...

CoinReturn
02-Nov-2009, 12:10 AM
Some multiplayer deathmatch footage, looking even more fast paced and arcady than it's predecessor:

Edit: sheesh, Activision is on a mission taking these leaked videos down!

N4YINACyRw0
SC5HYSUCTHQ
jOv_4RQ9x5M

MikePizzoff
02-Nov-2009, 01:54 PM
_yWuV75LTeI

WOW. Definitely faster paced and more frantic than CoD4. To me, this is a good thing. In that video you can see that rounds now go to 7,500 points, instead of 750, I guess due to the amount of action going on; the rounds would probably be over in like 1 minute otherwise.

7 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2009, 03:48 PM
man that dude is lethal with that bolt-action!

anyone planning on picking up theirs at midnight?

CoinReturn
02-Nov-2009, 04:17 PM
More multiplayer madness:

J7fmS9YppzQ