PDA

View Full Version : the old forums

ipotts85
26-May-2006, 02:22 PM
there are still people that exclusively post on the old general discussion forum.

it's kinda sad. why won't they join us here? it's sort of like old men who won't let go of fashions that were "in" 30 years ago...

kortick
26-May-2006, 05:25 PM
yes ian i agree with you

i dont understand it

we seem to have lost some good people

such a shame...

bassman
26-May-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow....I had forgotten about that thing.

It looks like there are only a few new threads and most of them are Bongholio bitching to Neil about the new forum and Adreno:lol:

I wonder if he still occupies the chat room everyday...

Philly_SWAT
26-May-2006, 06:16 PM
Until this very minute, I had no idea you could even still post over there. I went and looked, there is some newer posts in there. LOL! As much as I like the display-post tree features of the old forums better, I would never consider going back. Everyone (almost) is on the new board now.

ipotts85
26-May-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow....I had forgotten about that thing.

It looks like there are only a few new threads and most of them are Bongholio bitching to Neil about the new forum and Adreno:lol:

I wonder if he still occupies the chat room everyday...

he IS still in the chat room...he was in there when i was looking at the old forums...he's like some kind of troll that dwells in a cave waiting to attack and rape you.

kortick
26-May-2006, 08:52 PM
well i agree his behavior is odd
but i wouldnt call him a rapist troll

i am unhappy he is holding such a grudge
against andreno

his idea that tom should be banned from the site
is completely unfair

i like bong and i wish he would
come and join us in here

put aside all the past stuff
hell this is just plain silly

erisi236
26-May-2006, 10:00 PM
hey I went over there today as well :D

and what do you know, the last day I was there was the first day this forum was made :)

ipotts85
27-May-2006, 02:15 AM

against andreno

is completely unfair

come and join us in here

i said he was like a troll, i didn't say he was one...

kortick
27-May-2006, 03:06 AM
no Ian
i didnt mean to say you were
literally calling him that
you are outspoken and say what you mean
i recognise that and respect it

like i said
i agree with you
he is holding a grudge that is wrong

i like bong a lot
we have talked often and i wish he
would show up here and join us

ipotts85
27-May-2006, 03:58 AM
thanks for the compliment.

i love the way you write. it's like i'm reading a poem.

Adrenochrome
27-May-2006, 04:16 AM

against andreno

is completely unfair

come and join us in here

Granted, I've pulled some stunts that should have gotten me banned on a few occasions, I regret most of them, naturally, but hey.....I'm not that horrible of a person.
I really miss Bongy Boodles strange little posts! I honestly like the guy.

peace

Cody
27-May-2006, 04:50 AM
SOME of you noy saying anyones name get a LITTLE to attached to HPOTD and forget that yes their is a real world out there

im gonna finish my beer, night

MinionZombie
27-May-2006, 10:31 AM
Geez, I thought that place was closed, but it's still open ... weird. Since I signed up to this place back in February I've rarely been back to the old forums, although I like that they're archived so I can have a trip down memory lane every now and then...

Terran
27-May-2006, 03:46 PM
I like the old forums better....this software drives me crazy....

No offense intended Andy....I just loved the layout of the old forum better....

I loved NT responces....and replying to individual posts without quoting people....

Also I had like 7812 posts on that forum....:)

Andy
27-May-2006, 04:04 PM
none taken, i know alot of you guys were attached to the old forums.

but you do know that you can change the view to be more like the old forums? so you dont have to quote someone to reply to a specific post.. (click display modes at the top of the topic)

as for your postcount, unfortunatly its lost. as the old forum wasn't database driven at all there's no way to transfer members infomation over.

personally i think its a matter of getting used to it, some of you have adapted to the new style very well and some of you havn't taken to it..

Adrenochrome
27-May-2006, 04:07 PM
none taken, i know alot of you guys were attached to the old forums.

but you do know that you can change the view to be more like the old forums? so you dont have to quote someone to reply to a specific post.. (click display modes at the top of the topic)

as for your postcount, unfortunatly its lost. as the old forum wasn't database driven at all there's no way to transfer members infomation over.

personally i think its a matter of getting used to it, some of you have adapted to the new style very well and some of you havn't taken to it..
I love the new as much as I did the old one.

Terran
27-May-2006, 06:19 PM

Yeah I know that....but just because it appears that way to me doesnt mean it appears that way to others....

So if the positioning and timing is relevent to the reply Im making changing my own display settings doesnt change how others would view it...

What Im saying is with the old forum you could make a one liner reply in the subject line (or title) to an individual post with no other text in your post and everyone would know exactly who you were responding to and the context in which you were responding in...and you just cant do that with this new forum...