PDA

View Full Version : The Omen 666...

Tri0xin
26-May-2006, 08:08 PM
Is anyone else amped about this movie? I know remakes usually suck, but there's something about this one that has caught my eye. From the numerous trailers i've watched, it looks like it stays pretty truthful to the original concept.

Your thoughts?

ipotts85
26-May-2006, 08:16 PM
Is anyone else amped about this movie? I know remakes usually suck, but there's something about this one that has caught my eye. From the numerous trailers i've watched, it looks like it stays pretty truthful to the original concept.

Your thoughts?

i think it looks bad as sh*t...i liked the amityville horror remake, and it looks like this one will be just as cool...

FleshMask
26-May-2006, 08:31 PM
It might be good...

It look good in the previews.

I'm more worried about those damn overboard christains thinking the antichrist is actually coming.

zombie04
26-May-2006, 08:40 PM
I thought it was interesting they were trying to make it the Omen 5 but then turned it into a remake. I really want to see though because it can't be as bad as the Omen IV:the Awakening. At least I think it was the Awakening.

Purge
27-May-2006, 02:10 AM
I've seen a few clips, and it basically looks like a shot-for-shot remake, with the same death sequences and the same dialogue. I'll pass.

bassman
06-Jun-2006, 11:52 AM
I don't want to pass judgement without having seen it, but I've read a few reviews that say it's garbage.

Sure, I'll see it. As long as I have Donner's original masterpiece, it's no biggie.

Danny
06-Jun-2006, 11:53 AM
just talked to a freind and fellow horror fan on msn he just saw it and says ,and i quote:

"ah man its a reet pile of wank".

there justice has been served.:p

bassman
06-Jun-2006, 12:00 PM
just talked to a freind and fellow horror fan on msn he just saw it and says ,and i quote:

"ah man its a reet pile of wank".

there justice has been served.:p

In english.....is that good or bad?

Danny
06-Jun-2006, 03:15 PM
ACITIVATING TRANSLATOR......................................

ENTER TERM IN ENGLISH: its a reet pile of wank.

PROCESSING INTO AMERICAN.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .....

p-dang hey yall, that ther moving picture thang ,it was lak magic, a hyuk!

RE-PROCESSING INTO NORTHERN AMERICAN.....................

the film was god aweful man, biggest turd ive seen, it was worse than clash of the titans.

bassman
06-Jun-2006, 03:32 PM
RE-PROCESSING INTO NORTHERN AMERICAN.....................

the film was god aweful man, biggest turd ive seen, it was worse than clash of the titans.

okay....that one makes sense.:D

dogma789
06-Jun-2006, 07:27 PM
post deleted.

Eyebiter
06-Jun-2006, 07:41 PM
Definately check it out if your a Gen X who hasn't seen the original 1976 'The Omen' movie. This 2006 version of the Omen introduces a modern context to the story. The Twin Towers, Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, Palestinian Conflict, the European Union.

Unfortunately while the film does well on a technical standpoint, it doesn't really break new ground. The casting is fairly well done, with the exception of Julia Stiles who seemed too young for the role of Katherine Thorn.

Mike70
06-Jun-2006, 11:09 PM
Definately check it out if your a Gen X who hasn't seen the original 1976 'The Omen' movie. This 2006 version of the Omen introduces a modern context to the story. The Twin Towers, Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, Palestinian Conflict, the European Union.

Unfortunately while the film does well on a technical standpoint, it doesn't really break new ground. The casting is fairly well done, with the exception of Julia Stiles who seemed too young for the role of Katherine Thorn.

yeah that is the one consistent criticism i have heard about the movie - that other than the stuff you mentioned above, it is basically a scene for scene remake that really doesn't offer much in the way of new.