PDA

View Full Version : What should I put on my I-POD?

Philly_SWAT
30-Oct-2009, 04:55 PM
Not sure where (if anywhere) this thread may go, but I would be curious to see what type of suggestions I would get here. I have a wide range of tastes, so all genres would be appreciated. I am most well versed in rock and rap, therefore, any well known rock or rap group would not help, I am sure I already got it. Example: "Dude, you should get Jump by Van Halen, killer song!" may be a true statement, however, I already have that one.

Any classical suggestion, alternative suggestion, country suggestion would be good. Or any less well know rock act, or one hit wonder might be good as well. Links to a place to listen might be helpful/fun for me and others as well.

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 05:06 PM
The Infectious Grooves 'Punk It Up'
Rollins Band 'Tearing'
Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Sir Psycho Sexy'
Rage Against The Machine 'Bulls On Parade'

Some tunes that fuse rock and rap nicely. I'll add more when they come to me.

Philly_SWAT
30-Oct-2009, 06:13 PM
The Infectious Grooves 'Punk It Up'
Rollins Band 'Tearing'
Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Sir Psycho Sexy'
Rage Against The Machine 'Bulls On Parade'

Some tunes that fuse rock and rap nicely. I'll add more when they come to me.
Cool, I will check those out. I am a Rage fan, so I already got that one.

Eyebiter
30-Oct-2009, 09:16 PM
Murphy's Law Back with a Bong
The Final Countdown Soundtrack
River's Edge Soundtrack
Hüsker Dü Zen Arcade
Lard The Power of Lard

blind2d
31-Oct-2009, 02:36 AM
Gorillaz songs! Oh, and Black Sabbath. That's all you need, really. - Murdoc
The Faint, Polysics, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Breeders, Nirvana, Oingo Boingo, Misfits, Black Flag........ I could on for days.

clanglee
31-Oct-2009, 03:16 AM
Rollins Band 'Tearing'

I've been listening to this album a lot recently. . weird. . . "BAD MONKEY!!!!! BAD MONKEY!!!!!"

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

The Faint, Polysics, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Breeders, Nirvana, Oingo Boingo, Misfits, Black Flag........ I could on for days.

How are you gonna mention the breeders and leave out the Pixies? Bad Bad MONKEY!!!!!!!

Speaking of the Pixies. . . Pixies/Surfer Rosa the whole album. . .add it . . .love it. . .I have spoken.

capncnut
31-Oct-2009, 10:24 AM
I've been listening to this album a lot recently. . weird. . . "BAD MONKEY!!!!! BAD MONKEY!!!!!"
Oh yeah, The End Of Silence by Rollins is easy one of the greatest albums of the 90's.

"Mah blood is not mah blood
mah mind is not mah mind
just like you, just like you, just like you, just like you
RAAAGGGEEE!!!"

:cool:

Philly_SWAT
03-Nov-2009, 03:52 AM
Murphy's Law Back with a Bong
The Final Countdown Soundtrack
River's Edge Soundtrack
Hüsker Dü Zen Arcade
Lard The Power of Lard

When you say the Final Countdown Soundtrack, are you referring to the 1980 film starring Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen?

kortick
03-Nov-2009, 10:07 AM
Jesus is my Friend by
Sonseed.

ZAP, baby.

Eyebiter
05-Nov-2009, 11:25 PM
When you say the Final Countdown Soundtrack, are you referring to the 1980 film starring Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen?

That's the one. You can download four of the songs in MP3 format here.

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/fincounorsou.html