PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead - Chopper Landing Area Discovered

Philly_SWAT
30-Oct-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't mean to say that I am the FIRST to discover it, just that I did in fact finally see it for myself.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/Day%20Topside/DSC05901.jpg

To see more pics that I took, along with movie stills, you can click this link

http://home.roadrunner.com/~dawnofthedead/topside.html

krakenslayer
30-Oct-2009, 06:32 PM
Do you often brandish firearms around civil aviation facilities? :lol:

capncnut
30-Oct-2009, 06:33 PM
Whoa shit! That's the first time I've ever seen that area photographed, and in good detail too. Nice pics, Philly.

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2009, 06:37 PM
Cool work, as always, Philly. I would love to have seen you in the foreground watering some cannabis, though :)

darth los
30-Oct-2009, 06:50 PM
Cool work, as always, Philly. I would love to have seen you in the foreground watering some cannabis, though :)

You should have told him that BEFORE he harvested it all. :lol:

:cool:

sandrock74
30-Oct-2009, 11:24 PM
Pretty cool pics! Where was this? It's somewhere in Florida I assume?

bassman
31-Oct-2009, 12:21 AM
So was there any indication as to where the "door" was?

Also....what's the deal with the trailer? What's that place used for now?

Trin
31-Oct-2009, 12:50 AM
Those pics are great. But also FRUSTRATING.

If you don't know, I made a Day of the Dead map for the game Land of the Dead:Road to Fiddler's Green. During the map creation I watched the movie a dozen times to try to get the overall layout of the topside area. And there is precious little to go on. All the shots are tight. It's difficult to see how it all fit together. I made do, but it would've been great to have a few larger, wider shots.

I wish you'd gotten some wider angle shots to display how it all fits together. If you have any, please find a way to get them to me. :)

thxleo
31-Oct-2009, 12:56 AM
Philly, why didn't you jump over the fence to get better pics? When I found this location in 2003, we jumped over and checked out the entire area. I believe Axlish has also visited as well.

lullubelle
31-Oct-2009, 03:18 AM
You the man, nice picture.:D

Philly_SWAT
31-Oct-2009, 05:37 AM
Do you often brandish firearms around civil aviation facilities? :lol:
Hmm..when you put it THAT way it seems like a bad idea perhaps.....

Whoa shit! That's the first time I've ever seen that area photographed, and in good detail too. Nice pics, Philly.
Thanks, I got a bunch more.

LOL that would have been cool!

Pretty cool pics! Where was this? It's somewhere in Florida I assume?
Where have you been?:shifty:
Yes, it is on Sanibel Island, off the coast from Fort Myers.

So was there any indication as to where the "door" was?

Also....what's the deal with the trailer? What's that place used for now?
I did not see any evidence of the door. I looked but didnt see. I thought I had read somewhere that the prop was still there, but in 25 years perhaps it either sucumed to the elements or was stolen/throw out.

If by trailer you mean the RV, I have no idea why it is there. See more about this below.

Philly, why didn't you jump over the fence to get better pics? When I found this location in 2003, we jumped over and checked out the entire area. I believe Axlish has also visited as well.
I assumed that the trailer was kind of used as office space, but my friend was convinced that someone lived there, and we would get in trouble if we jumped the fence (which is why we didnt). Plus, coming off the Screamfest weekend where I actually lost a couple of hours, I wasnt in the most energetic of moods.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Those pics are great. But also FRUSTRATING.

If you don't know, I made a Day of the Dead map for the game Land of the Dead:Road to Fiddler's Green. During the map creation I watched the movie a dozen times to try to get the overall layout of the topside area. And there is precious little to go on. All the shots are tight. It's difficult to see how it all fit together. I made do, but it would've been great to have a few larger, wider shots.

I wish you'd gotten some wider angle shots to display how it all fits together. If you have any, please find a way to get them to me. :)
Well, I DO in fact have some wider shots, and a good memory of how it all fits together, so give me some time and I will draw a little map and show where the pics fit from viewing on the map.

axlish
31-Oct-2009, 11:55 AM
The last time I was there (in 2005 I think), there was still a small gravel pile where the "door" had once been. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures.

3pidemiC
31-Oct-2009, 01:18 PM
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

MaximusIncredulous
09-Nov-2009, 03:54 AM
Don't remember if this link was posted here at HOTD in the past or not but some folks visited the Day locations back in 2007:

http://www.filminglocationsdetectives.com/films/day_of_the_dead.htm