PDA

View Full Version : "Creepshow: Raw" first episode online now

krakenslayer
30-Oct-2009, 11:53 PM
Have a swatch for yourself: clickity click-click! (http://uk.video.ign.com/dor/articles/1040810/creepshow-raw-episode-1/videos/_creepshow_prt_103009.html;jsessionid=4rtojhm2qkb7 2)

Not really sure what to think. Here's the unfiltered thoughts:

Good:

Looked like Creepshow
Nice weird twist ending
Michael Madsen
Monster
Gore

Bad:

Poor acting
Cheapo lighting (at least the TRIED to make it look like Creepshow)
Amateurish dialogue

capncnut
31-Oct-2009, 12:01 AM
Awful... absolutely awful. :dead:

axlish
31-Oct-2009, 01:39 AM
I liked it, well above expectations. I'll watch more!

krakenslayer
31-Oct-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm caught between two minds, but I'm leaning slightly more towards Capn's take on it. The story didn't feel well-crafted and thought out. In Creepshow, although the stories were simple, you could feel the hand of a master at work, subtly injecting black irony into every scene. Here it just felt llike some guy just went "hey, how about a monster in the closest?" and churned out the script in an hour. The direction ranged from good (when it was apeing the style of the original) to poor (shakycam does not work if you're trying to capture the spirit of a framed, motionless medium).

Overall, it was a step up from Creepshow 3, because it did have some minor redeeming features (listed in my last post), but it just made me feel sad to think what Romero could do with a TRUE Creepshow 3.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Oct-2009, 12:49 PM
What do you expect from the makers of Day of the Dead 2?

krakenslayer
31-Oct-2009, 02:19 PM
What do you expect from the makers of Day of the Dead 2?

It's not actually directed by that Dundelson guy, his company just licensed out the Creepshow brand to these filmmakers - that's why Taurus gets a production credit.