PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Caskets

kortick
31-Oct-2009, 04:20 AM
Thought someone was kidding when they told me
about this.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=caskets

Yes Walmart sells caskets online.

There is nothing these bastards wont do
to earn a buck.

Walmart. Always Low Morals. Always.

Cartma7546
31-Oct-2009, 06:35 AM
What the hell is wrong with people? I'd rather be cremated then buried in a walmart casket.

:lol:Steven Seagal you monster

capncnut
31-Oct-2009, 10:31 AM
Do they come with complimentary chewy tobacco stains? :D

DjfunkmasterG
31-Oct-2009, 12:28 PM
LMAO... OMG. I just had to post this on my facebook page for other friend to see. This is shockingly funny but at the same time I sort of expected it simply because its Wal-Mart.

Mike70
31-Oct-2009, 12:40 PM
the perfect way to show everyone you really care... a casket from wal-mart.

classy, huh?

Tricky
31-Oct-2009, 01:19 PM
Ha ha Walmart caskets eh? Please say they do one that looks like a trailer? :lol:
I still get daily laughs out of that other site you posted "people of walmart", some funny shit on there!

slickwilly13
31-Oct-2009, 01:33 PM
LMAO... OMG. I just had to post this on my facebook page for other friend to see. This is shockingly funny but at the same time I sort of expected it simply because its Wal-Mart.

I did the same thing on FB and already been msged about it.

Mr.G
31-Oct-2009, 02:02 PM
That's f'ing perverse.

SymphonicX
31-Oct-2009, 02:27 PM
Where do I sign up? 800 dollars for a casket, a f**kin' bargain I tell you!!

At least we know that amateur, low budget horror movie filmmakers will have a steady and cheap supply of coffins for their escapades....

I wonder if they sell them next to the rifles?

blind2d
31-Oct-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow.... just... that's it... I'm never shopping there.... ever.
I'm gonna be cremated!

slickwilly13
31-Oct-2009, 04:17 PM
Or have yourself made into a jewel.

mista_mo
31-Oct-2009, 04:43 PM
Awesome, I get a 10% discount at wal-mart, so this works for me

Mr.G
31-Oct-2009, 06:44 PM
Save money, live better....err, wait. Nice slogan! :)

Kaos
31-Oct-2009, 07:14 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with it. The death industry is a despicable lot. They prey upon grieving family members trying to use grief, guilt, shame, and outright lying about the law to up sell caskets, plots, padded procedures, etc...

There have been a number of exposés in the U.S. on the their fraudulent tactics. Penn and Teller's Bullshit episode on it just confirmed what I already knew.

Better a discount coffin at Walmart than paying twice as much for the same casket from some greasy douchebag who is lying to you.

capncnut
31-Oct-2009, 07:26 PM
Better a discount coffin at Walmart than paying twice as much for the same casket from some greasy douchebag who is lying to you.
Quite agree. My grandmother died earlier this year and the coffin alone was almost half of the entire funeral cost. You might as well take £1000 and burn it/bury it in the ground.

$800 is just under £500. I would most certainly take the Walmart coffin next time a family member kicks the bucket. Fucking bargain!

DjfunkmasterG
31-Oct-2009, 08:20 PM
Where do I sign up? 800 dollars for a casket, a f**kin' bargain I tell you!!

At least we know that amateur, low budget horror movie filmmakers will have a steady and cheap supply of coffins for their escapades....

I wonder if they sell them next to the rifles?

Sent this to people I know who own or run Haunted Houses and such, plus if you ever do a vampire movie they can come in handy.

MoonSylver
31-Oct-2009, 08:50 PM
Not sure which is tackier, this or the Kiss Kasket:

http://208.106.250.72/_media/imgs/articles/a247_kiss.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_Kasket

(Now we know what AcesAlive is gonna be buried in...):lol:

Yojimbo
31-Oct-2009, 10:33 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with it. The death industry is a despicable lot. They prey upon grieving family members trying to use grief, guilt, shame, and outright lying about the law to up sell caskets, plots, padded procedures, etc...

There have been a number of exposés in the U.S. on the their fraudulent tactics. Penn and Teller's Bullshit episode on it just confirmed what I already knew.

As a funeral director I realize that there are a lot of shady mortuaries and funeral directors out there giving the industry a bad name, but not all are out to prey on the bereaved.

There is a conglomerate here in the United States that is largely responsible for the majority of bad shit that goes on. I won't name them here, but if you do a quick google search you will find them.

I work for a family owned, independent funeral home and I can tell you that I have never "talked" a family into buying merchandise that they do not need and I have never lied to or misled a family during my arrangements for any reason. I can also tell you that I am on call 24 hours a day, and that I give all of my family members my personal cell number so that they can call me after hours should they have a question or concern. I am not reimbursed for the time that I spend on the phone with them, consoling them after hours on my personal time, but I am committed to being there for them. I am also not reimbursed for my cell bills, or the times that my wife has to put my dinner in the refrigerator because I have a last minute situation with a family. I get paid the same wage (on the low end, mind you) regardless of whether or not the family buys a high end $20,000.00 casket or a $95.00 cardboard cremation casket as I do not receive any commission in any way for merchandise sold. It is not uncommon that I work in excess of a 40 hour week, and often have to work on the weekends for no extra pay.

In my lifetime, I have worked as a paralegal, a hearing representative for a law office, a unit manager at an Urgent Care Clinic for a major hospital and have been paid considerably more for those gigs than what I am making now, yet I choose to be a Funeral Director because it is the first job that I have had where I really feel that I am making a difference in people's lives by helping them through what is ostensibly one of the worst experiences they wll ever have.

I realize that folks are entitled to their opinions about things, and I don't expect to sway anyone's opinion about the Funeral Industry, but I do ask that folks bear in mind that not all of us are in this business for money, or for the opportunity to take advantage of folks.

It is easy to condemn everyone in an unpopular industry even though to do so is unfair.

And as far as Wallmart caskets go, I have no problem with a family finding their own casket for their loved one's service, especially if they can get it cheaper elsewhere. (Fact is, those Wallmart Caskets are NOT lower in cost than the ones they can get at my funeral home, but this is moot because if they want to get it from Wallmart I say more power to them) It is, of course, not only against the law but also against my personal code of honor to force anyone into purchasing merchandise that they do not absolutely need.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Nov-2009, 06:15 AM
As a funeral director I realize that there are a lot of shady mortuaries and funeral directors out there giving the industry a bad name, but not all are out to prey on the bereaved.

There is a conglomerate here in the United States that is largely responsible for the majority of bad shit that goes on. I won't name them here, but if you do a quick google search you will find them.

I work for a family owned, independent funeral home and I can tell you that I have never "talked" a family into buying merchandise that they do not need and I have never lied to or misled a family during my arrangements for any reason. I can also tell you that I am on call 24 hours a day, and that I give all of my family members my personal cell number so that they can call me after hours should they have a question or concern. I am not reimbursed for the time that I spend on the phone with them, consoling them after hours on my personal time, but I am committed to being there for them. I am also not reimbursed for my cell bills, or the times that my wife has to put my dinner in the refrigerator because I have a last minute situation with a family. I get paid the same wage (on the low end, mind you) regardless of whether or not the family buys a high end $20,000.00 casket or a $95.00 cardboard cremation casket as I do not receive any commission in any way for merchandise sold. It is not uncommon that I work in excess of a 40 hour week, and often have to work on the weekends for no extra pay.

In my lifetime, I have worked as a paralegal, a hearing representative for a law office, a unit manager at an Urgent Care Clinic for a major hospital and have been paid considerably more for those gigs than what I am making now, yet I choose to be a Funeral Director because it is the first job that I have had where I really feel that I am making a difference in people's lives by helping them through what is ostensibly one of the worst experiences they wll ever have.

I realize that folks are entitled to their opinions about things, and I don't expect to sway anyone's opinion about the Funeral Industry, but I do ask that folks bear in mind that not all of us are in this business for money, or for the opportunity to take advantage of folks.

It is easy to condemn everyone in an unpopular industry even though to do so is unfair.

And as far as Wallmart caskets go, I have no problem with a family finding their own casket for their loved one's service, especially if they can get it cheaper elsewhere. (Fact is, those Wallmart Caskets are NOT lower in cost than the ones they can get at my funeral home, but this is moot because if they want to get it from Wallmart I say more power to them) It is, of course, not only against the law but also against my personal code of honor to force anyone into purchasing merchandise that they do not absolutely need.

Good to know you got class man, I applaud you for that considering the industry you're in at the present time.

However when I die I want the $95.00 cremation casket so if any of you know when I die and hear family or friends bickering about just point them here and remind them "Hey fuckers! Dj wants to be cremated." ;)

kortick
01-Nov-2009, 07:07 AM
Its not even a matter of the prices they sell
them for.
The whole thing is so damn tacky.

Notice they are online only?
No showroom?
U dont get to see the actual coffin u are going
to bury ur loved one in until UPS delivers it
to your front door?

Can U imagine a showroom in a walmart with
all white trash kids playing hide and seek
or dracula or people having sex in them or
using them as toilets?

Plus its another industry walmart is trying
to steal business from.
Id rather a trained professional in
mortuary services sell me something like a
casket than click pay pal on wal marts site.

And honestly the prices arent all that much cheaper
than ones we bought at funeral palors, and at least
we could actually inspect the product.

I dunno...it might be me...and probably is,
but I find it extremely bizzare to bury a loved one in
a casket i bought on walmarts web page.

Imagine this---
guest: nice coffin, where did u get it?
widow: walmart.com

THAT conversation dont seem strange to anyone but me?

Kaos
02-Nov-2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks for your response, Jim. It really is nice to see there really are good folks in your industry. Having had to deal with these folks in the past as well as the investigative journalism has jaded my perception.

Yojimbo
02-Nov-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks for your response, Jim. It really is nice to see there really are good folks in your industry. Having had to deal with these folks in the past as well as the investigative journalism has jaded my perception.

Understandable that you would feel that way, Kaos, and your feedback is greatly appreciated as are your kind thoughts and gracious words.

I can understand how folks occasionally take issue with some of what has taken place in the past with regard to my industry.

No one ever wants to have to sit on the other side of my conference room table, but if they do, I promise to give them my full attention and honesty and my solemn promise that I will take care of them like I would take care of my own family.

kortick
02-Nov-2009, 10:45 AM
See, now John Waters had the right idea
for funeral palors who live in areas like LA or
NY and deal with famous celebrities funerals.

You have a listing of all the rich necrophiliacs
and u call them and say 'I just got Farrah in,
for $50,000 u got her for an hour'.

Thats what happens when you are dead and
famous.
Its the final indignity of fame.
A short window and a high price.

bassman
02-Nov-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't want family to spend a bunch of money on me when I die....so I sent them all this link.:lol:

I don't really see the problem in this. If some people want to do it cheap and get done with it, so be it. I would really prefer that my family just put me in the dirt with the least amount of money possible and then move on. I won't care.:confused:

Shit...if it weren't illegal I would just have them dig a hole and throw me in the back yard...

AcesandEights
02-Nov-2009, 01:42 PM
Can U imagine a showroom in a walmart with
all white trash kids playing hide and seek
or dracula or people having sex in them or
using them as toilets?

Not until you painted the picture for me Kortick. Not till you painted the picture.
And a damn spot on picture it looks like. :(

deadpunk
02-Nov-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't want family to spend a bunch of money on me when I die....so I sent them all this link.:lol:

I don't really see the problem in this. If some people want to do it cheap and get done with it, so be it. I would really prefer that my family just put me in the dirt with the least amount of money possible and then move on. I won't care.:confused:

Shit...if it weren't illegal I would just have them dig a hole and throw me in the back yard...

I'm down with this idea. Please do not expend money on my sorry dead ass. Put me in a hole, have a good ole fashioned Irish wake and move on with your lives.

If my family insists on spending money on my funeral, they can skip the casket and pay Flogging Molly or the Dropkicks to play me out :elol: