PDA

View Full Version : What in the HELL?????

Adrenochrome
26-May-2006, 11:17 PM
Sex Offender Ruled Too Short For Jail (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/26/national/main1662524.shtml)
This guy is 50 years old and raped a 12 year old girl. The judge wont send him to jail because he's "too short"!!!!!!!

kortick
27-May-2006, 03:11 AM
this is beyond ridiculous

the childs height wasnt taken into
account?

is it ok to commit crimes if you
are not tall

what is wrong with this world
where a persons height over rides
the crime he commits?

livingdead7
27-May-2006, 04:37 AM
It's hard to believe this is true...but then again its not. There have been cases where burglers have broken into a home, gotten hurt in the process, and sued the owners of the home and and actually won. There wa sone case where a guy broke into the home, cut himself on a knife, and sued the woman who owned the house and won. It's a sad world we live in.

MinionZombie
27-May-2006, 10:36 AM
That is sick, how judges can make decisions like that - or like going in favour of a burglar who cut themselves in YOUR house they were ROBBING - is beyond me. They should have their status removed and be thrown in a pit to fight with each other for our entertainment. Too short for jail? Now that's retarded, he RAPED A CHILD. This world is messed up, not that they had anything to do with it, but I'll lay some blame on the British Home Office for this, ha! They've done everything else wrong, including releasing sex offenders ... some of whom have moved into half-way houses OPPOSITE NURSERY SCHOOLS.

To continue with my rant, I'm not sure if Britain can survive another FOUR YEARS of this Labour gubment, I really don't...

HLS
27-May-2006, 03:11 PM
That is sick, how judges can make decisions like that - or like going in favour of a burglar who cut themselves in YOUR house they were ROBBING - is beyond me. They should have their status removed and be thrown in a pit to fight with each other for our entertainment. Too short for jail? Now that's retarded, he RAPED A CHILD. This world is messed up, not that they had anything to do with it, but I'll lay some blame on the British Home Office for this, ha! They've done everything else wrong, including releasing sex offenders ... some of whom have moved into half-way houses OPPOSITE NURSERY SCHOOLS.

To continue with my rant, I'm not sure if Britain can survive another FOUR YEARS of this Labour gubment, I really don't...

I am sure they will fight the judges decision. We should feel safe in our homes and that includes the law being on the side of the victium of the crime. The judge had to hve been stoned:rockbrow:

Philly_SWAT
27-May-2006, 05:00 PM
From what I heard on TV, in the state where this happened, there is a board that can be petitioned if a judge's ruling appeared to aggregiously lenient. Which in this case, it obviously seems to be. Apparently they do not have to go through the normal appeals process, but just to this board.

livingdead7
27-May-2006, 10:12 PM
I live in Nebraska...about 20 minutes from Lincoln...and Im not aware of this process..but I've only been here 2 years. The news from here is that an appeal is planned and is going to be filed very soon.

This sort of crap is rampant in this part of the country I guess. Hasnt been very long since a 22 year old guy and a 12 year old girl ( she was pregnant ) from Nebraska went down to Kansas and got married. At the time Kansas had no restrictions on marriage. After lobbying by people who were outraged, Kansas passed a law making the required age for marriage 15. Nebraska isnt much better...believe me. It's funny..but they spend more time trying to ban smoking in public ( some towns/cities here have banned smoking in all places, indoor and out...) than they do taking care of innocent children. I'm appalled, and highly ashamed to live here.