PDA

View Full Version : Post Apocolyptic pics

rightwing401
03-Nov-2009, 03:53 AM
Had some business Sunday that took me back to the big easy. Thought I would take a tour through some of the abandoned parts of town. Hope that these pics help inspire some material for a zombie post-apocolyptic world.

deadpunk
03-Nov-2009, 02:11 PM
Ooooooooo....Great stuff! :)

rightwing401
04-Nov-2009, 03:13 PM
Got a couple more. Have some abandoned office buildings in these.

darth los
04-Nov-2009, 04:18 PM
I think that's a thing that we all share. As for myself, I look at structure like that and immediately start planning how i would fortify them, How many people would be practical to have in there with me vs. resources, weak spots, etc.

:cool:

deadpunk
06-Nov-2009, 02:44 AM
I think that's a thing that we all share. As for myself, I look at structure like that and immediately start planning how i would fortify them, How many people would be practical to have in there with me vs. resources, weak spots, etc.

:cool:

I do this everywhere I go. It drives my wife ape-shit nuts. When we bought our first house about 8 years back, I was held under threat of having my junk super glued to my leg while sleeping if I made such comments to the realtor. LOL :lol:

zombieparanoia
12-Nov-2009, 05:38 AM
I didn't take any of these but thought they fit the theme.

A look at chernobyl today. Talk about post apocalyptic.

http://villageofjoy.com/chernobyl-today-a-creepy-story-told-in-pictures/

Legion2213
11-Mar-2010, 09:38 PM
All those pics are hard-on material for the PA fan! Thanks for sharing. :cool:

rightwing401
11-Mar-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, trust me C.D., those pictures don't come close to adding up to some of the pics I got right in the aftermath of Katrina. Unfortunately, many were lost when my last computer crashed. I gotta say though, driving through those nearly desolate neighborhoods really does wonders if you're trying to write a zombie story set in the 'Day'/'Land' time frame.

Kind of creepy though. While I took those pictures, I couldn't help but glancing at all of my surroundings every once and a while...just to be sure.

AcesandEights
13-Apr-2010, 02:18 PM
Not sure if we're allowed to link to other online communities, but a community I occasionally frequent that has to do with roleplaying in the Post WWIII/alternate timeline era has an excellent, long Post Apocalyptic/Modern Military/abandoned world image thread (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=332) going.

I'll link to it here and if it's a problem to link to outside communities I hope a Mod will take care of it and let me know if I've done something wrong.

zombiekiller
13-Apr-2010, 06:20 PM
Had some business Sunday that took me back to the big easy. Thought I would take a tour through some of the abandoned parts of town. Hope that these pics help inspire some material for a zombie post-apocolyptic world.

I'm suprised no ones thought to go and make a zombie/horror film there using those sites there. it looks like the right spots for one.

ProfessorChaos
13-Apr-2010, 08:06 PM
damn, aces. some of those images are just amazing....only looked at the first page, but added that thread to my bookmarks so i can look at all the other pages.

but holy shnikes, talk about some awesome artwork.:stunned:

AcesandEights
13-Apr-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah, there's also some definite zombie-related artwork sprinkled in here and there over the 20 odd pages. And a lot of the pics are just powerful imagery.

zombiekiller
14-Apr-2010, 12:32 AM
I didn't take any of these but thought they fit the theme.

A look at chernobyl today. Talk about post apocalyptic.

http://villageofjoy.com/chernobyl-today-a-creepy-story-told-in-pictures/

they did a thing on destanation truth where they wen there looking for ghost and they got some good pictures of the hospitol and a school. they found some ghost too.

Publius
18-Apr-2010, 11:48 AM
There was a mod here called Deadman Deluxe who posted a number of interesting post apocalyptic-type photographs.

Yeah, what happened to that guy? I was just wondering about him the other day.

AcesandEights
19-Apr-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah, what happened to that guy? I was just wondering about him the other day.

Ditto. He seemed cool, but it looked like he had scaled his activity back by the time I really started posting and then disappeared save for the occasional post shortly after that.