PDA

View Full Version : Finally got into my college

zombie04
27-May-2006, 04:03 AM
after being rejected last year and spending a year at a school that made me feel depressed, today I got my letter of acceptance to my first pick. If only I were 21 and we weren't talking on the internet, drinks would totally be on me...but then again I am really cheap.

ipotts85
27-May-2006, 04:05 AM
what college??

i went to a community college for 2 years (and paid for it out of my own pocket while working an overnight full time job!!) and just finished my first semester at a university. it's been successful, so i can definately see why you are excited about this...congratulations!

zombie04
27-May-2006, 04:16 AM
UNC-Wilmington

I was at UNC-Greensboro for a year. I only really enjoyed certain classes there but the overall experience wasn't that good. So I think going to a university located by the beach should really nice. Plus I got a job interview tomorrow and I got accepted today, good things seem to be happening all at once these days.

ipotts85
27-May-2006, 03:39 PM
i go to school by the beach too...

Philly_SWAT
27-May-2006, 05:11 PM
Maybe you should consider going to Durham and joining the Lacross team....

Just kidding! Congrats on getting something that you want. Although in my opinion, college in general is overrated as an "educational" experience. I have a BBA from a prestigious college around here, but have had several jobs since that didnt require a college degree at all, including my current job. Just try to do what makes you happy and not what you think others want you to do, or think you should do. If you think you would be more happy taking a job as a janitor somewhere, do that, and dont worry about others opinions.

kortick
27-May-2006, 07:08 PM
great for you

I hope this is the first of many of your dreams
that are realised

zombie04
27-May-2006, 07:16 PM
Maybe you should consider going to Durham and joining the Lacross team....

Funny you should mention that. Everytime my state is in the news its always a rape or murder. Oh well, at least its one of the best states to live in economically, but it was #40 on the list of best states to live.