PDA

View Full Version : Best deterrent ever?

Tricky
06-Nov-2009, 06:22 PM
I certainly wouldnt drink & drive in Singapore! :eek: (or anywhere else as im not that stupid)

3vBhJxHHDnU

kortick
06-Nov-2009, 08:04 PM
they are pretty big on caning over there.

there are at least 30 offences u can get
ur ass whacked good by law.

that idiot american kid, i forgot his name, brought
it to world attention when he was sentenced to 6
lashes for spray painting a car, vandalism.

the US govt intervened and his punishment was
reduced down to 4 whacks.
Its assumed he prolly would have gotten less but
he was a punk and not worth a diplomatic incident.

His mistake was when he turned down the National
Enquirers offer to pay him a large lump of $$$ for pics
of his post caning ass.

Its pretty harsh, the cane is soaked in salt water
to make it flexible and heavier. nasty.

be honest Rich, there gotta be someone u would
want to play singapore ass whipper to. LOL.

darth los
06-Nov-2009, 08:15 PM
Its pretty harsh, the cane is soaked in salt water
to make it flexible and heavier. nasty.

And not only that, but after the wounds are opened the salt is going to get in there and that's when the real fun begins.

:cool:

deadpunk
06-Nov-2009, 08:19 PM
I know this type of punishment is supposed to be shocking, but I really can't find it in myself to be appalled. Like kortick, I remember the American kid that got caned for vandalism.

More importantly, if it's the law of the land, and the guy knew it, I kind of feel like; he knew the risk.

Personally, if I had to choose between a caning and a prison sentence, I think I'd suffer the caning. I'd rather have my ass beat than raped, thanks. :eek:

There are places in the world where a father can legally rape his daughter then kill her for allowing it to happen. So, maybe it's me, but I have trouble mustering much sympathy for someone that broke the law. And, flat out, thats what this guy did.

(not to go off on a tangent or open a can of worms, but) Look, almost everyone is guilty of slipping behind the wheel when we probably shouldn't. Realistically, if you're only having one drink, you still have no business operating a motor vehicle. You're not just endangering your own life, but those of everyone else on the road. The penalty should be stiff.

Caning is pretty harsh stuff, no doubt. But, again, if the guy knew what was coming if he got caught, I just can't feel too bad for him.

:)