PDA

View Full Version : Train narrowly misses woman

darth los
10-Nov-2009, 04:04 PM
I have no idea how that train stopped in time but it's surreal to watch if for nothing else that it could happen to any one of us at any time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33822377#33822377

:cool:

MikePizzoff
10-Nov-2009, 04:22 PM
Holy shit! Props to the conductor for being a good/alert operator! The lady that fell was probably so wasted that she didn't even remember what happened the next day when she woke up in the drunk tank. So lucky.

darth los
10-Nov-2009, 04:43 PM
Holy shit! Props to the conductor for being a good/alert operator! The lady that fell was probably so wasted that she didn't even remember what happened the next day when she woke up in the drunk tank. So lucky.

I second those props ! We all know that people in charge of things like that ( Air traffic controllers as well) are often doing other things like on their cell phone or something.

Could you just imagine if the operator didn't stop in time and it was eventually disovered that she was texting at the time or something !! :stunned:

AcesandEights
10-Nov-2009, 04:54 PM
That's insane! I also didn't realize some subway trains could stop on a dime like that.

That drunk though, jesus some people are thicker than others when in their cups.

bassman
10-Nov-2009, 05:12 PM
Daaaamn. Lucky woman.

Seems like I've been seeing a lot of train accidents lately. One where the dumbass mother let her baby's carriage roll onto the tracks and just last night in Atlanta a 14 year old girl jumped onto the tracks as a train was nearing to get her dropped cellphone.

None of these people seem very bright yet somehow everyone survived....

deadpunk
10-Nov-2009, 10:02 PM
She can be as oblivious as she wants. It's okay. I shit my pants for her. :eek:

MikePizzoff
11-Nov-2009, 06:03 PM
just last night in Atlanta a 14 year old girl jumped onto the tracks as a train was nearing to get her dropped cellphone.

New Text Message from Becky
~*LoL*~ like i t0tally just almost got hit by a train!!1!

SymphonicX
11-Nov-2009, 06:22 PM
Stupid cow, getting that drunk. she didn't even have the power to stand up....and a train was about to hit her.

Why does anyone get that drunk? So drunk that they can't raise the alarm or even afford themselves the most basic forms of protection like looking out for themselves...it makes no sense...

mista_mo
11-Nov-2009, 07:34 PM
That sucks. It'd be nice to see her get hit. Imagine the games the kids would play? "Follow the big red streak to get to the gold".

krakenslayer
11-Nov-2009, 07:42 PM
Do we KNOW she was drunk? She might have been epileptic or taking prescription drugs or who knows?

MikePizzoff
11-Nov-2009, 08:27 PM
Do we KNOW she was drunk? She might have been epileptic or taking prescription drugs or who knows?

Yes, we DO know she was drunk; the article states she was coming from a local bar and the police also stated that she was intoxicated.

bassman
11-Nov-2009, 08:36 PM
Yes, we DO know she was drunk; the article states she was coming from a local bar and the police also stated that she was intoxicated.

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but some police say you're "drunk" after one beer.:rolleyes:

We're not sure how much alcohol she had consumed, but judging by the video it looks like she ate the bar....

acealive1
11-Nov-2009, 09:41 PM
Just playing Devil's advocate here, but some police say you're "drunk" after one beer.:rolleyes:

We're not sure how much alcohol she had consumed, but judging by the video it looks like she ate the bar....

:lol::lol::lol: and then she fell AND THEN hit the third rail.

shootemindehead
12-Nov-2009, 12:19 AM
"Meanwhile Lewis and her supervisor, who radioed her to stop, are being honoured as heroes..."

FFS...Why is it that when someone does something in America these days, they're "heroes"?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I fuckin hate that word.

acealive1
12-Nov-2009, 12:24 AM
"Meanwhile Lewis and her supervisor, who radioed her to stop, are being honoured as heroes..."

FFS...Why is it that when someone does something in America these days, they're "heroes"?

well they stopped her from being rail meat. not a heroic effort? what about the guy who LAID ON TOP of someone in a new york city subway and allowed the train to pass over him so the person wouldnt be hurt?

nope, no heroes there. :rolleyes:

strayrider
12-Nov-2009, 05:43 AM

In this case, I agree. As a transit operator, Ms Lewis is required to be on her toes at all times and must be able to stop that train (within its physical limitations) at a seconds notice. All she basically did here was ... her job.

A true hero is someone who places their own well-being at risk to help another.

:D

-stray-

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2009, 02:27 PM
As a transit operator, Ms Lewis is required to be on her toes at all times and must be able to stop that train (within its physical limitations) at a seconds notice. All she basically did here was ... her job.
Which is exactly what she says to have done. Nowhere does she say, "I'm a hero!"

darth los
12-Nov-2009, 04:34 PM
But the media is so quick to label some one a hero.

I'm a big believer that you don't reward someone for something they should be doing anyway.

Example: I refuse to "reward" my kids for doing homework or bringing home passing grades. That's something i just expect them to do. They didn't go above and beyond the call duty. What are they gonna do? Not do their homework if i don't buy them gifts!?! Let them just try it. :lol:

Same thing here. Should civil sevants refuse to deliver mail on time or stop crimes just because they aren't praised for doing so?

capncnut
12-Nov-2009, 05:02 PM
She was blitzed. In fact, by the way she was rocking back and forth, I'm surprised none of the other commuters pulled her away from the edge before she fell.

Philly_SWAT
12-Nov-2009, 09:10 PM
I have no idea how that train stopped in time but it's surreal to watch if for nothing else that it could happen to any one of us at any time.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say with confidence if that if I am ever that SHIT FACED DRUNK, I will not go anywhere near a train station....

acealive1
12-Nov-2009, 09:51 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say with confidence if that if I am ever that SHIT FACED DRUNK, I will not go anywhere near a train station....

u have to worry about rock slides and deer more so in ur area :D

kortick
12-Nov-2009, 10:14 PM
whatever u wanna call her-
hero
good employee
it dont matter to me.

all I know is if she stopped a train
from runnin me over
i'd kiss her ass.