PDA

View Full Version : My own little electronic Evans City Cemetery

Trancelikestate
11-Nov-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi there guys. I havnt been around much cuz i've been so bummed about missing living dead fest and being poor. I hate it. I still am not sure about what direction my very immediate life is going but in the mean time i'm modding.

I know most of you have seen the notld mod i made, and this uses the same house, but now i decided to wipe the whole San Andreas map from the installation and create a new entirely Romero map. This will include the notld farmhouse and cemetery, the monroeville mall, and 107 building, the day of the dead bunker, and i'm thinking of doing part of downtown ft. meyers, (edison theater ect). In the meantime i only have the farmhouse done, and i just finished the evans city cemetery. Watch and please tell me what you think. modeling landscapes is tough and its not totally geographically correct, but its close. any further suggestions are of course appreciated or any other constructive criticism. Well enough of that, heres the vid! I tried to make it eerily familiar.

GTA Evans City Cemetery:
VsE9hJASDdQ

bassman
11-Nov-2009, 11:55 AM
That's pretty damn cool, trance.:)

Have you seen what it might look like in B&W?

krakenslayer
11-Nov-2009, 12:05 PM
That's absolutely awesome! Well done! :D

You know what would look cool? If you could retexture the grass, tombstones, gravel path and vegetation and everything to be grayscale, the really capture the atmosphere of Night. That would be groovy.

Alternately, I guess, I could turn down the colour on my monitor... :P

By the way, how did the Rockstar application process go?

Trancelikestate
11-Nov-2009, 01:38 PM
No i dont know what it looks like in B&W but maybe we should hash it out to see what it looks like!! :D:D:D

Yeah this map will have the locations from all 3 originals though. maybe diff islands or the same i'm not sure. but if it was all in B&W it would look odd i think haha.

Thanks for remembering kraken, unfortunatly i was never contacted meaning it didnt go. :p i am going to keep trying other places, and possible things too. that all goes into the "i'm not sure what to do" category. :p I'm sure that i'll get put on my path soon though. :)

So, if no one else answers your prayers for a Romero game, i will!!!

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Black and white! it looks awesome!

Ea3LkNTcPhE

krakenslayer
11-Nov-2009, 01:42 PM
---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Black and white! it looks awesome!

Ea3LkNTcPhE

Oh, man!!! That is unreal! :eek:

Fucking brilliant! The first via was great, but I think with the brightly coloured GTA grass and vegetation, and possibly the lack of shadows too, there just seemed to be a little something missing. This totally fixes that and perfectly captures that Night look.

Trancelikestate
11-Nov-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks! i'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything believe me, but that music and the B&W with the car going through the cemetery. oh man it gives me chills!

krakenslayer
11-Nov-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks! i'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything believe me, but that music and the B&W with the car going through the cemetery. oh man it gives me chills!

Me too! Man, you DESERVE a pat on the back.

Trancelikestate
11-Nov-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks pal! maybe i'll ask my modding buddies if it would be possible to create a togglable B&W view. Either way i love this vid hahaha.

Trancelikestate
12-Nov-2009, 02:34 PM
Bet you never thought you'd see this...

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5324/bendancing.gif

krakenslayer
12-Nov-2009, 02:57 PM
Bet you never thought you'd see this...

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5324/bendancing.gif

ROFLCOPTER!!! :lol::lol:

darth los
12-Nov-2009, 04:22 PM
Once again good work TLS. The path you should be taking seems obvious, to me atleast. Good luck man.

:cool:

bassman
12-Nov-2009, 04:59 PM
:lol:

That's hilarious, man. It's only a matter of time before that turns into someone's avatar or signature...

ProfessorChaos
12-Nov-2009, 08:03 PM
Ea3LkNTcPhE

that is in-fucking-credible, bro. nice job, keep up the good work. once you get all your mods done and create your grand theft romero game, be sure to let us know.

and good luck with figuring out where all this is gonna take you....you tried applying to any other game companies?

Trancelikestate
12-Nov-2009, 10:40 PM
thnx guys! no professor not yet unfortunatly, but i will. my lifes been crazy lately.

yeah bassman its my avatar on the back to the future forums hahaha.

Trancelikestate
14-Nov-2009, 06:58 PM
Farmhouse now comes with working lights and burning fireplaces ;)
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/111/2dfx.gif