View Full Version : "the beatles never broke up" - in another dimension of course.

Danny
12-Nov-2009, 11:47 AM
http://thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=53

So heres a guy who apparently got knocked out in the desert, woke up in another dimension and found his way back with the only proof being a cassette of one of the beatles "80's" albums, you can listen to it on there and he professes that his story is absolutely true.

bassman
12-Nov-2009, 12:11 PM
:lol:

Everyday Chemisty, huh? I like it.:p

Ghost Of War
12-Nov-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh, my.

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2009, 02:10 PM
Check out the date when this event allegedly took place: 9/9/09.

"Number 9, number 9, number 9."

kortick
12-Nov-2009, 02:14 PM
It happens.

a few years ago I found an ABBA cassette the same way.

bassman
12-Nov-2009, 02:22 PM

You mean it was another tape of just mish-mashed songs that were produced "in our dimenison" years ago?:p

The first track is band on the run, FFS....

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2009, 02:28 PM
Except that one was titled Mama Mia.

krakenslayer
12-Nov-2009, 03:19 PM
Shades of John Titor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor).

Andy
12-Nov-2009, 03:24 PM
http://thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=53

So heres a guy who apparently got knocked out in the desert, woke up in another dimension and found his way back with the only proof being a cassette of one of the beatles "80's" albums, you can listen to it on there and he professes that his story is absolutely true.

In the old days we used to lock up people like that and study them :rockbrow:

capncnut
12-Nov-2009, 04:14 PM
What absolute codswallop.

darth los
12-Nov-2009, 04:20 PM
Although futuristic, apocolyptic stories such as that fascinate me, that titor guy sounds full of it.

:cool:

MoonSylver
12-Nov-2009, 04:32 PM
A dimension where Yoko Ono doesn't exist? Sounds like heaven...:D

capncnut
12-Nov-2009, 04:57 PM
Although futuristic, apocolyptic stories such as that fascinate me, that titor guy sounds full of it.
I would absolutely love it for Titor's story to be true because of the vast knowledge the man has when it comes to time travel...

...but we all know it's a load of old bollocks.

BillyRay
12-Nov-2009, 06:54 PM
Talk about weird syncronicity.

Just today, I09 found a link to another alternate universe where the Beatles got back together in 1976:

http://io9.com/5403320/what-if-the-beatles-never-broke-up

Traffic from the I09 site appears to have temorarily busted the server for the Beatles site itself, but here's the Google cache:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:MP6Z1vA9IvwJ:mightygodking.com/index.php/2009/11/10/scenes-from-an-alternate-universe-where-the-beatles-accepted-lorne-michaels-generous-offer/+Beatles+Lorne&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

darth los
12-Nov-2009, 07:11 PM
I would absolutely love it for Titor's story to be true because of the vast knowledge the man has when it comes to time travel...

Well, I don't know about HIS story in particular because it would kinda mean the end of civilization as we know it but I would love the technology to be possible though. Not even to actually do it but to have solid proof that there are things out there that can't be explained and that as much as we fancy ourselves gods on this little mudball "that there are more things in heaven and Earth that are dreamt of in our philosophy."

:cool:

MikePizzoff
12-Nov-2009, 07:27 PM
:lol: Apparently in this other dimension The Beatles hand label every single cassette.

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2009, 10:05 PM

At least the John Titor story was entertaining and came about through interaction with real people on a message board.

krakenslayer
12-Nov-2009, 10:23 PM
My advice to the next wannabe-Titor is this: pretend you're from the PAST, that way you won't get caught out when your predictions fail to come true. ;)

deadpunk
12-Nov-2009, 11:47 PM
:lol: Apparently in this other dimension The Beatles hand label every single cassette.

Hahahaha. At least Titor had a well thought out story. This is just tripe.

DubiousComforts
12-Nov-2009, 11:58 PM
My advice to the next wannabe-Titor is this: pretend you're from the PAST, that way you won't get caught out when your predictions fail to come true. ;)
The main problem with claiming to have time traveled from the past is that everyone will already know there were no time machines. If you're from the future, everyone has to take your word for it.

In about 26 years, we'll know for sure if "John Titor" was full of crap. :D

blind2d
13-Nov-2009, 12:49 AM
Diggin' the tunes, though.

Danny
13-Nov-2009, 01:30 AM
The main problem with claiming to have time traveled from the past is that everyone will already know there were no time machines. If you're from the future, everyone has to take your word for it.

In about 26 years, we'll know for sure if "John Titor" was full of crap. :D

we already know he was talking crap, if you posting in 2001, 2004 might seem a long way away, but its like the '88 transformers movie, where humans live on other planets and it starts with "it is the year 2005..." :lol: so dont predict massive changes and discoveries in the next half a decade!

Its what i call the "Danny Smith greater theory on interwebs titordom" take your false prediction, think about the date you chose, think about what were like as a species and triple it.

Seriously, according to the science school books my grandad has from when he was like 9, we should have terraformed mars in the mid 1970's!:lol:

deadpunk
13-Nov-2009, 02:30 AM
Seriously, according to the science school books my grandad has from when he was like 9, we should have terraformed mars in the mid 1970's!:lol:

I want my flying car. I'm certain I was guaranteed a flying car by now :rockbrow:

Danny
13-Nov-2009, 02:33 AM
I want my flying car. I'm certain I was guaranteed a flying car by now :rockbrow:

shoulda just cut that foot off then.

kortick
13-Nov-2009, 07:59 AM
Its funny cuz all those old IBM computers
that John Titor came back in time to get one
of have been selling like crazy.

mista_mo
13-Nov-2009, 10:17 AM
Dave Thomas (the founder of Wendies) opened a vegan health club- in another dimension of course.

deadpunk
13-Nov-2009, 01:06 PM
Dave Thomas (the founder of Wendies) opened a vegan health club- in another dimension of course.

I want to visit the dimension where Lou Ferrigno is awarded the Lifetime Acheivement Award by the Screen Actors Guild for his work in The Hulk. :elol: