PDA

View Full Version : Stephen king quoted as "working on a new dark tower novel"

Danny
17-Nov-2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/11/the_dark_tower_reopening_for_business.php

part of me is "OMFGWTFBBQLOLZORDS!111!!!ONEONE!", but the other was completely sated by the ending, sad to see it end like all great stories, but it had to end that way, im glad it did and think it should be left alone.
Granted this is a mid series prequel before wolves of the calla, but i would much rather see, if i had to pick one, rolands next run around the gunslinger than some deleted scenes. Ka bien' a wheel an' all.;)

deadpunk
17-Nov-2009, 02:58 AM
I could seiously take this or leave this. I thought Wizard and Glass was the last truly good book in that series. :|

zombie04
17-Nov-2009, 08:07 PM
I could seiously take this or leave this. I thought Wizard and Glass was the last truly good book in that series. :|

It was the last good one. I haven't made it up to The Dark Tower yet, but Wolves and Song really fell short of what is expected from the series, espescially because Song of Susannah seemed to be written as an afterthought for Wolves of the Calla. Wolves was good for the first half, but then it managed to get a little weak. I just picked up Under the Dome, but really my expectations of King as a writer have been diminished in recent years.

Danny
17-Nov-2009, 08:22 PM
It was the last good one. I haven't made it up to The Dark Tower yet, but Wolves and Song really fell short of what is expected from the series, espescially because Song of Susannah seemed to be written as an afterthought for Wolves of the Calla. Wolves was good for the first half, but then it managed to get a little weak. I just picked up Under the Dome, but really my expectations of King as a writer have been diminished in recent years.

aye i just grabbed a copy of dome myself yesterday and im hoping the "as epic as the stand" blurb on the front is remotely accurate.

deadpunk
18-Nov-2009, 03:28 AM
aye i just grabbed a copy of dome myself yesterday and im hoping the "as epic as the stand" blurb on the front is remotely accurate.

Nothing is ever going to top the Stand.

zombie04
18-Nov-2009, 05:40 AM
The Stand is quite the novel and damn near impossible to top. Salem's Lot is my favorite King novel but I'll admit the Stand is the best. From my understanding Under the Dome was mostly written in the late 70s, early 80s and put on a shelf so hopefully there will be some of that old spark in it.