PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's the night...

Tri0xin
27-May-2006, 04:14 PM
Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes.

My prediction (knock on wood with no jinxing): Gracie wins by submission.

Philly_SWAT
27-May-2006, 05:01 PM
Wouldn't you rather watch John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam?

Arcades057
28-May-2006, 02:56 AM
Watching it right now... Sanchez vs. Alesio (sp)

Got my money on Hughes!

All I can say after that is wow.... Amazing. Not unexpected though.

slickwilly13
28-May-2006, 05:35 AM
Damn good PPV. 3rd round of the Sanchez fight was insane! Lots of great fights. And won some cash tonight.

Arcades057
29-May-2006, 04:18 AM
Nobody would take my bet. I was right, BTW. I've been saying it for weeks to anyone who'd listen.

**SPOILER BELOW**

Gracy was a great fighter in his time. Just like Shamrock was great. Tito whooped Shamrock, now Hughes whooped Gracy. When's the last time Tank Abbott won a fight? These new guys are nothing to F-with.

Tullaryx
30-May-2006, 08:39 PM
See, the Gracie's --- well the new generation at least --- have fallen so low since the days of Rickson. Been awhile since I've seen a Gracie fight in Pride FC which is the true test for an MMA. Hughes beating Royce may be a good thing for the UFC but everyone knows Hughes would get killed if he ever decide to challenge any of the light heavies in Pride FC like Vanderlei Silva for instance.

Tri0xin
30-May-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm still heart broken over the Gracie loss. I guess the old dogs are outclassed at the up and coming, new generation of fighters. That's a shame too, because Royce is my favorite fighter.

Tull, I like Pride too, but I think it's just about the same as the UFC. I've seen a lot of fighters in Pride that have fought in the UFC at one time or another.

Tullaryx
31-May-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm still heart broken over the Gracie loss. I guess the old dogs are outclassed at the up and coming, new generation of fighters. That's a shame too, because Royce is my favorite fighter.

Tull, I like Pride too, but I think it's just about the same as the UFC. I've seen a lot of fighters in Pride that have fought in the UFC at one time or another.

In the beginning, there was quite abit of people moving from one organization to the next, but now you don't see heavyweight fighters of the caliber of Crocop, Emelianko and Noguerira Bros. UFC actually has it over Pride in terms of welterweight and lightweight fighters. But once you start getting up to cruiserweight and heavyweight I go to Pride for the big and better fights.

Tri0xin
31-May-2006, 11:22 PM
In the beginning, there was quite abit of people moving from one organization to the next, but now you don't see heavyweight fighters of the caliber of Crocop, Emelianko and Noguerira Bros. UFC actually has it over Pride in terms of welterweight and lightweight fighters. But once you start getting up to cruiserweight and heavyweight I go to Pride for the big and better fights.

Did you hear about the Frank Shamrock and Caesar Gracie fight in California's first MMA event?

Frank knocked him out in 41 seconds!