PDA

View Full Version : Needing some help with a story idea.

dannoofthedead
19-Nov-2009, 04:42 AM
I've begun work on a horror/scifi story and I'm needing some help with basic mechanics. Namely, I'm needing someone with a science and/or medical background that would be willing to answer some fairly odd and morbid questions. Psychology would also be a plus here. As I haven't been one to be online a lot lately and have frequented HPOTD very little in the last few months -I'm sorry, please forgive me and save the floggings for later- I'm posting me email address at the bottom.

I would not only appreciate but love any help you can offer.

dannoofthedead@yahoo.com

Thanks ya'll.

-D

rightwing401
25-Nov-2009, 04:40 AM
Well, since nobody else seems to want to give you an answer, I guess I'll offer my two cents.

A little trick I picked up working as a reporter is, if you want specific information, go directly to the source. Depending on what you need to know, if you're talking about general information, you can always call a hospital and see if you can talk to one of the administrators or staff about your questions. Just be sure to state who you are and specifically why you're calling. Sometimes there will be someone who's interested in why you're seeking out their knowledge, and sometimes you won't. It's kind of like roulet. But if you're persistant and call enough people, sooner or later you're bound to get someone who will talk to you. Just make sure that you can schedule an interview time that doesn't conflict with their daily activities. On phone interviews usually work best in accomodating that.

deadpunk
25-Nov-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm a mental health worker by profession. I would be willing to offer any assistance with questions in those regards. I'm also fairly good friends with a trauma surgeon that shares my love of zombies and such. I'd be willing to forward him a list of questions for you...

Yojimbo
30-Nov-2009, 02:20 AM
Funeral Director, at your service. :)

deadpunk
30-Nov-2009, 03:02 AM
Funeral Director, at your service. :)

Everyone say hello to my new best friend :lol:

Yojimbo
30-Nov-2009, 05:04 PM
Everyone say hello to my new best friend :lol:

Glad to be of help. PM me with your questions since a lot of the gorier details of my profession I would rather spare the general public from.

Suicycho
03-Dec-2009, 04:00 AM
Glad to be of help. PM me with your questions since a lot of the gorier details of my profession I would rather spare the general public from.

:lol:

I have a good friend that works at a mortuary. He often says that that what goes into preparing a body for a viewing the general public does not, and should not know.
:lol:

BillyRay
03-Dec-2009, 04:29 PM
I have a good friend that works at a mortuary. He often says that that what goes into preparing a body for a viewing the general public does not, and should not know.

Old National Lampoon cartoon:

"We ran out of embalming fluid, so we stuffed him with wild rice."