PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Hunter Rika

blind2d
22-Nov-2009, 08:26 PM
So, I decided to give my review of this recent zombie film from our friends in the Land of the Rising Sun. Rika and her friend Nami ride a train to visit her grandfather up in the mountains. Little do they realize that this area has become ruled by the Living Dead! There is humor and a talking zombie or two, but overall it stays pretty true to the old shamblers rule. When Rika's arm is lost and replaced, it's nothing all that surprising, but still fun. Really, as long as you don't think about it too much, it's actually quite entertaining. Grorian is lame, but other than that... well, at least it has a definite ending, unlike a lot of movies. And you know what? I think that's something Japanese filmmakers do quite well... sometimes. So watch this online, rent it, or whatever. Not a waste of time, and you may even surprise yourself with a chuckle here or there. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Seriously, it's pretty cool. Just don't let the subtitles get you down.

blind2d
24-Nov-2009, 02:59 AM
Yeah... so... if you've seen this movie and have an opinion... feel free to share! Or if not... tell me if you're interested, and I'll post a link... or... please, just respond! I'm desperate!

clanglee
24-Nov-2009, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I'll probably watch it eventually, it's on my list. I find, however, that I have less and less patience with asian zombie movies. I love zombies, and I really like a silly Japanese crazy times movie every once in a while, but the combo of the two just tends to send my crazyshit sensor into the red. I can only take so much.

I still need to finish Tokyo Zombies, and I need to watch Stacy. After that I might get around to Rika.

blind2d
24-Nov-2009, 04:56 AM
Tokyo Zombie is good if you want to see two guys being... a little gay with the judo... good zombie stuff for about twenty minutes, and the rest of the full-length film is... boring judo/buddy stuff.
Still looking around for Stacy...

krakenslayer
24-Nov-2009, 08:22 AM
Great review! Might give this a watch sometime.

I'm not really sure what I think about Japanese Z-flicks - I loved Junk (Zombie meets Reservoir Dogs haha), the Guitar Wolf movie (I forget the name) was just okay, and I detested Versus. I think the latter was because it was basically a Martial Arts flick, and they tend to bore my tits off, and karate zombies don't float my boat. Oh, and Happiness of the Katakuris just confused me too much to have an opinion on, although it's not REALLY a zed movie anyway.

I've still to see:
Bio-Zombie
Tokyo Zombies
Stacy
The Living Dead in Tokyo Bay (I think that's what it's called)
and this one...

blind2d
03-Jun-2010, 02:59 PM
The Guitar Wolf movie I think you're referring to kraken is Wild Zero. Yeah, I need to see that one myself.

Thorn
03-Jun-2010, 03:23 PM
Tokyo Zombie is good if you want to see two guys being... a little gay with the judo... good zombie stuff for about twenty minutes, and the rest of the full-length film is... boring judo/buddy stuff.
Still looking around for Stacy...

My question is WHO DOESN'T?

Nah but seriously, what does this mean even?

BillyRay
03-Jun-2010, 05:32 PM
The Guitar Wolf movie I think you're referring to kraken is Wild Zero. Yeah, I need to see that one myself.

Rent it ASAP, folks.

It's prolly some of the most fun I've had watching a J-zom flick.

LOCK AN LOLLLLL!!!!

http://goregirl.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/wild-zero-1.jpg

blind2d
03-Jun-2010, 07:07 PM
Will do.
I'd like to revise my appraisal of Tokyo Zombie after my third viewing. It's not so bad. Some parts are downright hilarious, and the short animated sequence alone is worth the cost of admission. Jujitsu (not judo... i'm a dumbass) is the martial art of... well, contemplated grappling. Boring in contrast to most other martial arts... eh, just watch it. It's pretty good.