PDA

View Full Version : zombie csu. real world zombie scenarios?

wayzim
23-Nov-2009, 12:32 PM
So I was at Philcon( Science Fiction con ) this weekend which served a smattering of end of the world programming and a couple zombie panels. There was this cat Jonathan Maberry who's the author whose of Zombie CSU. It deals with interviews with law enforcement, medics and even clergy. a surprising number of whom have considered the what if of the dead rising.
I'm not necessarily pimping his book ( which I haven't read yet) but evidently the real world is better prepared to face a zombie uprising than we give them credit for.

http://www.zombiecsu.com/

It was a fun discussion and, as always, I did alittle PR for HPOTD.

Wayne Z

capncnut
23-Nov-2009, 07:58 PM
Deleted the duplicate thread in Dead Discussion. I think one in Fiction Discussion is enough.

deadpunk
23-Nov-2009, 08:06 PM
The book seems interesting...but that website has got to go :lol:

rightwing401
25-Nov-2009, 04:48 AM
I very much doubt that our world is very prepared for a zombie outbreak. Does the book factor in the effects of a break down in society, the difficulties of maintaining order over essentially 300 million people scared shitless and running around like chickens with their heads cut off, the conflict of interest with police and military to remain on the job/at their post when their own loved ones are in danger, keeping looters/anarchists/gangs ect... under control while combating the living dead, creating safe zones and maintaining a steady flow of essitial supplies to those areas?

I only ask because one of the biggest theme that Romero established with his living dead genere is that the constant infigting between the living allowed the dead to take over the world.

dannoofthedead
21-Dec-2009, 06:16 AM
I don't doubt we'd fair a bit better than portrayed in film, but I have to agree with rightwing. I work in law enforcement and knowing some of the folks I work with, I wouldn't count on too many sticking around in the face imminent death or the loss of family. That said, I know some that would. The ones that hang around will mostly be worth their weight in gold. The town itself remains oblivious to almost everything however and its the people living in the area I'd be more concerned with. Most won't even know what's going on until its too late and that includes the hundreds calling in to the station asking if what they're seeing on tv is real.

I doubt we'd lose, but it sure as hell won't be pretty.

Legion2213
24-Feb-2010, 10:16 PM
I only ask because one of the biggest theme that Romero established with his living dead genere is that the constant infigting between the living allowed the dead to take over the world.

GAR is a bit jaded IMO. He doesn't seem to have much respect for the military, emergency services or people in general.

I think we would do far better than GAR envisions in a zombie (shambler) outbreak...absolute worst case would be a WWZ scenario.