PDA

View Full Version : The Left 4 Dead games are glitched to fuck!

capncnut
24-Nov-2009, 10:20 AM
Quite pissed off with last night's session. Wanted to go for the 'Wing And A Prayer' achievement on L4D2, where you have to activate the doors on the downed plane and stay alive without taking a hit. Did it numerous times and wasn't given the achievement. Even started the campaign from the very beginning and played it through to level two, still no joy.

Had a look online and learned that there's a shitload of folks in the same boat. :mad:

Also 'Man Vs Tank' on L4D1, same shit. Started Death Toll on Expert, killed me team, switched to easy, left the save room and was confronted by a tank. Killed the bugger on me Jack Jones but no achievement.

AND Louis got attacked by a hunter when I was in the safe house laughing my ass off. Went out there, killed the beast, revived Louis and led his sorry ass back. Did I get the achievement? No.

Fucking swizz, mate. That said, I finally got that nasty 'Cr0wned' achievement, which is the one where you gotta headshot the witch. :sneaky:

Anyway, I think it's time Valve actually played their games instead of releasing them glitched. I'm sick and tired of repeating my attempts to get these achievements for hours with no joy. It's just plain sloppy!

mista_mo
24-Nov-2009, 10:26 AM
I got the wing and a prayer achievement on the first go. Decided to give it a shot, set game to easy, and had a go. I just parked my ass in between some seats, and my computer compatriots covered me pretty good. Have to sit through 3 hordes or so. Maybe I got lucky?

Danny
24-Nov-2009, 11:13 AM
your not alone, apparently hundreds of people are on the l4d forums complaining how there achievements are wiping, ive only lost the defib one but its still irksome.

darth los
24-Nov-2009, 01:31 PM
Quite pissed off with last night's session. Wanted to go for the 'Wing And A Prayer' achievement on L4D2, where you have to activate the doors on the downed plane and stay alive without taking a hit. Did it numerous times and wasn't given the achievement. Even started the campaign from the very beginning and played it through to level two, still no joy.

Had a look online and learned that there's a shitload of folks in the same boat. :mad:

Also 'Man Vs Tank' on L4D1, same shit. Started Death Toll on Expert, killed me team, switched to easy, left the save room and was confronted by a tank. Killed the bugger on me Jack Jones but no achievement.

AND Louis got attacked by a hunter when I was in the safe house laughing my ass off. Went out there, killed the beast, revived Louis and led his sorry ass back. Did I get the achievement? No.

Fucking swizz, mate. That said, I finally got that nasty 'Cr0wned' achievement, which is the one where you gotta headshot the witch. :sneaky:

Anyway, I think it's time Valve actually played their games instead of releasing them glitched. I'm sick and tired of repeating my attempts to get these achievements for hours with no joy. It's just plain sloppy!

And that's not all. On the crash course campaign I've tried to get the pounce a survivor for 25 hit points and pull a bile covered survivor towards you until you hold him achievements and got them off several times an nothing !! :(

So yeah, those games being glitchy is like the worst kept secret in gaming right now.

:cool:

capncnut
24-Nov-2009, 11:08 PM
Also, has anyone noticed that playing Easy and Normal solo is a piece of piss but Normal on live with pals it's damn near impossible? Some immensely unfair bot spawnage going on there. :rockbrow:

darth los
25-Nov-2009, 01:45 PM
Also, has anyone noticed that playing Easy and Normal solo is a piece of piss but Normal on live with pals it's damn near impossible? Some immensely unfair bot spawnage going on there. :rockbrow:

Honestly, th a.i. in this game is a big improvement over the original. They regularly lead the rounds in kill counts and don't do dumb things as in the first game like stand in front of doorways while you're fighting a horde so that you can't get a decent shot off.

I still wish they could pick up explosives though. If not to use them themselves atleast to hold them for you when you request them.

It could also be that human players are used to techniques that were successful in the first game. A popular one is called the "camping technique", where you would find a wall or room your team could put their backs to, concentrate their fire and turn what looked like certain death into a joke. The infected would be just so much fodder. If you notice there a disticnt shortage of places you can do that in and everything is way more wide open.

Danny
25-Nov-2009, 02:27 PM
well it appears im in valves "dont give a fuck" quota. as im one of many who cannot join games. cap, andy and coinreturn all invited me to the same game, all i get is an error and they are all listed as "not in joinable game" and searches in any type reveal there are apparently no people playing left 4 dead online.
Best reply i got from my mail to valve was "yeah, thats a probleem all right", honestly i would have gotten a refund if i didnt have faith in valve fixing it, but damn they rushed this out for the holidays. id rather get a late game than a broken one, since all i can play now i "alone or dead":mad:

mista_mo
25-Nov-2009, 03:02 PM
If I didn't have to work all week I'd be on in a heart beat- hopefully I can actually join games and the like..you folks are making me scared.

time to try and sleep, huzzah!

darth los
25-Nov-2009, 03:15 PM
well it appears im in valves "dont give a fuck" quota. as im one of many who cannot join games. cap, andy and coinreturn all invited me to the same game, all i get is an error and they are all listed as "not in joinable game" and searches in any type reveal there are apparently no people playing left 4 dead online.
Best reply i got from my mail to valve was "yeah, thats a probleem all right", honestly i would have gotten a refund if i didnt have faith in valve fixing it, but damn they rushed this out for the holidays. id rather get a late game than a broken one, since all i can play now i "alone or dead":mad:

I got on with coin the other night. We ran through dark carnival no sweat and the connection seemed fine, perhaps because he was hosting?

capncnut
25-Nov-2009, 07:28 PM
Honestly, th a.i. in this game is a big improvement over the original.
Disagree wholeheartedly. Me, Andy and Coin got our asses handed to us on a plate repeatedly playing Dark Carnival on Normal because of ridiculous bot spawnage. We attempted the concert about five times and I can honestly say I have never encountered such silliness.

Andy and Coin then went idle leaving me to fend for myself and guess what? I did it no sweat. WTF?

And speaking of survivor AI, it's all a bit hit and miss. But for the most part they are just dumb fuckers who stand there firing at the sky when you're right there next to them with a Jockey on your back. Don't get me wrong, I do like the game but it's unfinished, sloppy and frustrating.

darth los
26-Nov-2009, 12:05 AM
Disagree wholeheartedly. Me, Andy and Coin got our asses handed to us on a plate repeatedly playing Dark Carnival on Normal because of ridiculous bot spawnage. We attempted the concert about five times and I can honestly say I have never encountered such silliness.

No offense to anyone but if that's the case you need to start rolling with me then.

Just think of it as a terminator scenario:

"Come with me if you want to live."

CoinReturn
26-Nov-2009, 01:33 AM
Great games tonight, except for Andy getting screwed out of 3 achievements in a row. That was just an unbelievable amount of bad luck.

capncnut
26-Nov-2009, 01:35 AM
No offense to anyone but if that's the case you need to start rolling with me then.

Just think of it as a terminator scenario:

"Come with me if you want to live."
Oh really? I do believe you were playing with me, Andy and Coin tonight on easy and I saw your ass pinned to the floor quite a few times, pal. ;)

Great games tonight, except for Andy getting screwed out of 3 achievements in a row. That was just an unbelievable amount of bad luck.
Bad luck, yes. Also freakin' hilarious! :lol:

Got that bitch ass bridge achievement though...

Danny
26-Nov-2009, 02:29 AM
Oh really? I do believe you were playing with me, Andy and Coin tonight on easy and I saw your ass pinned to the floor quite a few times, pal. ;)

Bad luck, yes. Also freakin' hilarious! :lol:

Got that bitch ass bridge achievement though...

for those who aint got it yet theres an easy way for the bridge.

1. start the final chpater of the parish on hard. then kill two of your teammates in the safe room.

2. set the difficulty to easy, leave the room and start the crescendo moment.

3.stick to the path on the left side, its straight grating you can run over.

4.when the tank appears skip it, sticking to the left all the way and climb on the back of the oil tanker and get to the higher level.

5. when you see the ceda checkpoint run in a beeline to it.

6. when theres an option to turn right to the chopper jump down onto the bus and then straight to the chopper.

got the thing on my second try in under 40 seconds.

slickwilly13
26-Nov-2009, 02:30 AM
Guess what? I checked out the Black Friday ad on Best Buy's site and L4D 2 will be on sale for $34.99.

Danny
26-Nov-2009, 02:56 AM
Guess what? I checked out the Black Friday ad on Best Buy's site and L4D 2 will be on sale for $34.99.

how much is it normally?, i traded in dragon age to mine, got a fiver off, adn because it was the deal of the week it was lowered anyway and it had a preorder discount so i got it for £24.99 which is around $41.74, as opposed to the £44.99 or $75.15 some places are charging it at.

Seriously i give it ten years and us brits will be paying around 100 dollars for a single videogame. Its 70 bucks in canuk bills right now, and thats around $66.78 american, and i hear canadians complain about being charged more than america but were a full ten bucks more for the exact same game so its easy to see whos getting royally bent over and railed up the ass on the price of these bastards nowadays.

slickwilly13
26-Nov-2009, 07:23 AM
It is normally $59.99, since it is a new title. $25 off is a great deal for a game. It is part of our American day after Thanksgiving sales called Black Friday. I will probably be purchasing a new HD TV that day. Its a toss up on 32 in 1080p 120 Hz vs 40 in 1080p 60 Hz.

Danny
26-Nov-2009, 07:44 AM
It is normally $59.99, since it is a new title. $25 off is a great deal for a game. It is part of our American day after Thanksgiving sales called Black Friday. I will probably be purchasing a new HD TV that day. Its a toss up on 32 in 1080p 120 Hz vs 40 in 1080p 60 Hz.

as long as its 1080 and hd id go for the bigger one, mines 52 and my mates is 30, his is higher quality, but when the screens so big a hd videogame or a movie is much more entertaining than his tv, which aint much bigger than my iMac.

slickwilly13
26-Nov-2009, 07:50 AM
I found some sales on 40 in 1080p 120 Hz. Will I really notice that much of a diffrence between 60 Hz vs 120 Hz?

Danny
26-Nov-2009, 08:07 AM
I found some sales on 40 in 1080p 120 Hz. Will I really notice that much of a diffrence between 60 Hz vs 120 Hz?

tvs arent my forte but as long as your using the top end hdmi for your hd video i cant notice a major difference, but ive pretty much seen hd, gone "neat" and thats it, then its entertaining or not, but the aforementioned friend is a hd snob and NEEDS the highest video quality or nothing, all i know is the opening to the dark knight looks banging.

Rottedfreak
26-Nov-2009, 02:17 PM
This topic title is false! I tried a threesome with both but it didn't work.

darth los
26-Nov-2009, 03:05 PM

As were we all. ;)

That's the nature of left for dead.

It doesn't matter if you're a world class player there's no way to get a hunter off of you without your teamates helping you.

CoinReturn
26-Nov-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not a fan of 120Hz because it makes film and games unnaturally smooth, like a made for TV movie or something. Then again I'm on an HD CRT, so 60Hz looks great, and "ghosting" that you'd see on an LCD isn't a problem.

Anyone up for some turkey day L4D2 later?

capncnut
26-Nov-2009, 06:37 PM
Anyone up for some turkey day L4D2 later?
I think I can squeeze in a few hours.

Andy
26-Nov-2009, 09:40 PM
The last one, i accidently ripped my headset out of the controller so you didnt hear half of the obscenities i was shouting at my TV :lol:

The worse of the lot was that bastard tank.. it actually ripped me off the boat, i was there, i was safe!

I should complain to valve...

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 02:34 AM
Got three more achievements tonight, including Wing And A Prayer. :)

The worse of the lot was that bastard tank.. it actually ripped me off the boat, i was there, i was safe!

I should complain to valve...
Ha! I've been ripped off the chopper seat at the end of Dark Carnival by a Smoker before. :lol:

clanglee
27-Nov-2009, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I really want this game, but by the time I get it, probably Xmas, everyone here is going to be too pissed off at the game or bored with it to play it anymore. Alas

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 03:56 AM
Yeah, I really want this game, but by the time I get it, probably Xmas, everyone here is going to be too pissed off at the game or bored with it to play it anymore. Alas
Nah, sweet pea. I'll play with you. Repeatedly. ;)

clanglee
27-Nov-2009, 08:40 AM
Nah, sweet pea. I'll play with you. Repeatedly. ;)

ewwwwww :barf: :lol::lol:

SymphonicX
27-Nov-2009, 08:54 AM
Bah.

game has frustrated me to f**k....!!!!

mista_mo
27-Nov-2009, 12:38 PM
guise, i have all weekend off, am I allowed to play too?

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 01:17 PM
Bah.

game has frustrated me to f**k....!!!!
Why's that, Symph?

guise, i have all weekend off, am I allowed to play too?
Sure, let me know when you're up for a round.

SymphonicX
27-Nov-2009, 01:38 PM
Why's that, Symph?

it feels so much harder than before, and this isn't helped by finding it really hard to connect to a good game. When I do finally get into one, people usually leave after getting incap'd after their first go...so I'm left with four bots, on expert, mid-level.

my main problem though is the frustrating system of finding a game to join. I don't do "join in progress" simply because I wont get the achievement for completing a campaign on Expert if I start from level 2...which means I HAVE to find a lobby - and that's really frustrating on it's own, as people area always kicking, stalling, or just going away and making their dinners before starting the game..

And then it's always laggy anyway...

Good game though, its just not enough to keep me interested...most of it feels like an addition rather than part of another game. I feel like I've paid 40 quid for five extra maps...

Ellis is hilarious though...actually reminds me of Roger for some reason...

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 01:49 PM
it feels so much harder than before, and this isn't helped by finding it really hard to connect to a good game. When I do finally get into one, people usually leave after getting incap'd after their first go...so I'm left with four bots, on expert, mid-level.
Add me. CapnCnut. You'll generally find me, Andy, Mo, Coin, whoever having a blast. Plus now I have most of the campaign achievements, I'm up for a round on expert.

Edit: Also, switch it to your server, that will reduce the lag drastically. The Valve one sucks ass!

Danny
27-Nov-2009, 02:02 PM
dude, your lucky you can even PLAY it online. i put my disk in, had an instant patch and now get "cannot find joinable game" regardless of any changes, and theres nothing i can do about it, i have yet to play this game multiplayer.

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 02:09 PM
dude, your lucky you can even PLAY it online. i put my disk in, had an instant patch and now get "cannot find joinable game" regardless of any changes, and theres nothing i can do about it, i have yet to play this game multiplayer.
I had the instant patch too but it hasnt seemed to fuck things up for me. Sure it can get a bit laggy sometimes but that's about it.

Danny
27-Nov-2009, 02:32 PM
I had the instant patch too but it hasnt seemed to fuck things up for me. Sure it can get a bit laggy sometimes but that's about it.

from what i hear its like 20% are fucked the rest are fine.

mine isnt fine.:lol:

and you know what this really needed? way more achievements. i have like 4 left in the campaigns, ive got like 15 in the original still after a year. they put 99 in the orange box and they are a hoot, granted the avatar awards sort of count it up to 55, but theres so many things they could have carried over again, or added new stuff in based on new items and stuff, like you can boomer bile one random common infected and have the horde turn on it, that should totally be one of those "get ten of" achievements.

mista_mo
27-Nov-2009, 02:36 PM
They need one where like, you use a baseball bat to knock a zombies head off, and that zombie head incapacitates a team mate or kills a hunter leaping in mid air or something.

Danny
27-Nov-2009, 02:48 PM
They need one where like, you use a baseball bat to knock a zombies head off, and that zombie head incapacitates a team mate or kills a hunter leaping in mid air or something.

now that you mention the bat im playing dark carnival right now and the bat seems to have way shittier collision detection than any in game items. like they didnt give it much time because its a freebie or something, because the fireaxe, katana or crowbar rape crowds, im taking on one nose to nose and missing.

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 02:49 PM

OI SON, YOU'RE NICKED! - 5GP
Kill 5 enemies with the night stick.

HERE'S JOHNNY! - 10GP
Use the fire axe to break down 10 doors.

OJ SIMPSON - 15GP
As Coach, murder Rochelle in the safe house.

WITCHES TIT - 20GP
Kill a witch with a single shotgun blast to the chest.

RETURN OF THE BRIDE - 25GP
As Rochelle, decapitate two common infected with the Katana in one swipe.

IF YOU WIELD IT, THEY WILL COME! - 30GP
In Hard Rain, Kill 30 enemies in the cane field with the baseball bat.

GNOME ALONE - 35GP
As the lone survivor of Dark Carnival, successfully throw Gnome Chompski into the chopper before dying.

That's five I just thought up. Credit for OJ goes to Andy. :lol:

Edit: Just thought of a bunch more.

ARE YOU MAD? - 5GP
Use the defribillator on a fallen enemy.

GARY GLITTER - 10GP
Spend 10 minutes or more in the playground area of Hard Rain.

UN-SMOOTH CRIMINAL - 15GP
Set off 15 car alarms with the crowbar.

OUT OF THE FIRE AND INTO THE FRYING PAN! - 20GP
Kill any enemy with the frying pan while they are on fire.

CLIFFHANGER - 25GP
Rescue 25 survivors who are clinging for their life.

FREE OF CHARGE - 30GP
Make it through any campaign without being attacked by a charger.

TANK VS TANK - 35GP
Finish off a tank with an explosion from a propane tank.

Edit (again): Wow, I'm on fire tonight!

PETER WASHINGTON - 10GP
At the mall in Dead Center, kill 10 enemies via headshot with the rifle in sniper scope mode.

JASON VORHEES - 20GP
Kill 20 enemies in the camp area of Swamp Fever with the machete.

LEATHERFACE - 30GP
Kill 30 enemies with the chainsaw in one continuous slice.

mista_mo
27-Nov-2009, 02:59 PM
HIT ME YOU CAN'T HURT ME- melee a survivor with the baseball bat 100 times- 10 pts

SUCK MY KISS- Throw Gnome Chompski into a Spitters mouth before it is able to spit- 30 pts

WHAT I GOT YOU GOTTA GET IT PUT IN YOU- Give Adrenaline shot to a survivor that was recently revived with shock paddles- 15 pts

WAR ON DRUGS- Take away Louis' pain pills when he attempts to ingest them- 15 pts

SymphonicX
27-Nov-2009, 03:06 PM
how about:

GAY BAR - Melee 50 hardhat zombies with a crowbar
Tianemmen Square - Stop a tank with your shopping
Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead - Drown the Witch if she weighs less than a duck

Danny
27-Nov-2009, 03:31 PM
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT ME? - finish a level after getting hit 10 times with friendly fire on normal or above.15g

DID WE REALLY DO THAT? - kill over 2,000 infected in one campaign 20g (just did this in dark carnival in fact :lol:)

SO THIS ONE TIME KEITH... - play online as ellis through every campaign

PIPE BOMB OVER HERE! - use 100 pipe bombs 10g

GRABBIN' PILLS - use 250 pills b

IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH! - get a charger to charge a tank 40g

IT GIVES YOU WINGS - use adrenaline then fall 30ft and get helped up by another survivor 25g

slickwilly13
27-Nov-2009, 07:57 PM
Just bought it for $35.

mista_mo
28-Nov-2009, 10:43 AM
You're doing it wrong, it should read:

JUST BOUGHT IT- 35pts

Danny
28-Nov-2009, 11:36 AM

JUST BOUGHT IT- 35pts

successful burn is successful.

slickwilly13
28-Nov-2009, 02:41 PM

JUST BOUGHT IT- 35pts

Don't make me come to your house, because I will.

Eyebiter
28-Nov-2009, 07:13 PM
Left 4 Dead on sale at Steam for $7.49 today only http://store.steampowered.com/early-holiday

capncnut
29-Nov-2009, 07:34 AM
Major glitches playing this last night. A long brown tongue filled my screen and suddenly Andy was shouting, "Haha! Where the fuck are you going, Brett?" Apparently I was floating in mid air with arms outstretched like Jesus. Happened so much that I had to leave the game and come back in afterwards.

Just found these too.

A5hFQ8oJ4mE&feature=player_embedded
xEb2uRBF6nk&feature=player_embedded
JKceEqQBUw0&feature=related
Some serious glitches indeed. :rockbrow: