PDA

View Full Version : pilfering indian sites...

Mike70
24-Nov-2009, 01:45 PM
seems to be on the rise around here and nobody's happy about it. in fact, i'd like to have 5 mins alone with these folks and an easton bomb bat.

anyhoo, my part of ohio is literally riddled with indian burial sites. a couple of gorks got interrupted in the act of looting one of the sites that i go to all the time.

Burial Ground Thefts 'Ongoing,' Overseer Says
Police Seek Pair Accused Of Robbing Graves

ANDERSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Police continue to search for two men accused of robbing an American Indian burial ground, but the operators of the site said the thefts had been ongoing.

"They've been stealing artifacts for years," said Tom Hedger, of the American Indian Center.

He said authorities had not previously treated thefts from the prehistoric site in Anderson Township as seriously as if they had occurred at white people's graves.

"I don't come digging yours," Hedger said. "Why do you come digging ours?"

Police interrupted the thieves as they stole bones and artifacts buried with bodies at the graveyard, which was part of a village of the Turpin tribe and dates as far back as 700 A.D.

Investigators said the thieves likely had archaeological experience, but the pair fled before they could be taken into custody.

They left behind a car and some tools, but police have declined comment on the progress of their investigation.

"I'd like to know who they are, and I'd like them made examples of," Hedger said.

SymphonicX
24-Nov-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, messing with a cemetary...

Sensitivity fail methinks...

deadpunk
24-Nov-2009, 02:14 PM
in fact, i'd like to have 5 mins alone with these folks and an easton bomb bat.

And what exactly is wrong with a good old fashioned pine tar gripped Louisville Slugger, sir? :D

darth los
24-Nov-2009, 04:18 PM
And what exactly is wrong with a good old fashioned pine tar gripped Louisville Slugger, sir? :D

You don't get that "PING" sound when you take their heads off, duh. :rolleyes:

:cool:

blind2d
24-Nov-2009, 05:03 PM
Don't get dramatic splinters either...
Didn't anybody watch Poltergeist? Seriously! You don't mess around with graves! Nutty ghouls...