PDA

View Full Version : A Guy Thing?

prettycorpses
27-May-2006, 08:13 PM
Just wondered what you guys thought,spesh the other ladies on here....is liking 'horrors' a guy thing and weird if they are a girls fave type of film?

Ive been told Im a bit freaky coz I love this stuff and think its by far better then most other films you get! Apparently being cool blood and guts and aww kittens cuuuute is a weird combo!?!?

Tricky
27-May-2006, 08:32 PM
Just wondered what you guys thought,spesh the other ladies on here....is liking 'horrors' a guy thing and weird if they are a girls fave type of film?

Ive been told Im a bit freaky coz I love this stuff and think its by far better then most other films you get! Apparently being cool blood and guts and aww kittens cuuuute is a weird combo!?!?

Your from hull?no ****!im from just near bridlington :)

livingdead7
27-May-2006, 10:04 PM
It sure seems to be that the majority of big time horror fans are guys. You have the occasional female, but not too many.

MinionZombie
27-May-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey Tricky's right, Hull, a while away from me, but in the same rough area of Britannia...anyway, girls into horror films - I like it. It's not necessarily a bloke thing, although it probably is more likely a bloke thing cos of male bloodlust as well as bewb-lust, lol.

I know a couple of girls who are really into horror movies, which I find personally rather sexy, hehe, but I also know some girls who are terrified by horror films. I remember the morning after a house party at this girl's house, we all sat down to watch Friday 13th and she was petrified. So when Jason leapt out of the water at the end I'd snuck up behind her and leapt out behind her screaming. She jumped ten feet in the air, classic. :D

HLS
28-May-2006, 03:56 AM
I get the same reaction when I tell people I own 300 DVD's and most of them are horror:p Nothing better than watching someone get eaten alive!

Cody
28-May-2006, 04:34 AM
I'll tell you whats weird, having the spong bob movie next to horror movies.

thats weird.

MinionZombie
28-May-2006, 10:52 AM
I love finding weird things like that, for instance in one cluster of DVDs I've got "Silk Stockings" (musical, for uni), "Simone", "Sin City", "Singin' in the Rain" (for musicals course at uni) and then "Slumber Party Massacre". :D

Adrenochrome
28-May-2006, 12:08 PM
Nah, my gal LOVES horror!
There's an OLD urban legend that black people (I simply CANNOT say African American, and my gal hates the term as well) are terrified of the thought of zombies or Devil Worshipers. I'm not a Devil Worshiper but I have many many zombie flicks and she loves them! (as well as our growing collection of Asian horror)

while I'm at it.....

People stare and we just ignore
What's the use in hiding out
She says all the time
Let their eyes do the worrying about

.........People stare and we just ignore them
And they go away, go away

they DO go away.......racist bitches!!!!!

MinionZombie
28-May-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeh I reckon this whole "African American" thing is bullsh*t too. There's nothing wrong with the term "black". If there actually was then the term "white" would be equally racist. What also p*sses me off is that the big "N" word is a racist slur (unless used by black folk themselves, where it means the equivalent of "man" or similar words), however "cracker" is fine - which is essentially calling white people whip cracking slave merchants.

So "cracker" and "white" are fine, but the big "N" and "black" aren't? Hmmm, *sniffs* ah the unforgettable aroma of positive discrimination, the biggest cloud of hypocrisy the world has ever known.

I've got nothing against any race, I personally find the whole thing retarded as we are all ONE race - the HUMAN RACE - we all came from the same place, we're all the same bar some differences in skin colour and certain physical attributes (down to 'inbreeding' so-to-speak). But we're all people, I don't get it, we're all the same ... AND ... there's assholes in EVERY colour, especially people who play the race card to their benefit, goddamn those people p*ss me off.

*rant over*

prettycorpses
28-May-2006, 04:50 PM
Your from hull?no ****!im from just near bridlington :)

Ahh the posher side of east yorkshire......nice beach tho!...Brids cool the only thing wrong with it is they dont do patties :mad: apparently only Hull do em! hmmmmm patties *drool*

Why is it people think girls should just like chick flicks...YUK!!...ok not really I do actually like em...oh the shame :o

GREASE is the word *ahem*

Philly_SWAT
28-May-2006, 06:06 PM
Dont you two guys live in the UK? I would assume that you have no "African Americans" there anyway. Wouldnt they be "American English" or something?

MinionZombie
28-May-2006, 06:16 PM
I live in the UK and so does Tricky, Adreno is in America however.

And that's another thing with the "African Americans" - what about black people from Britain, or France etc. Also, is there such a thing as an "Indian American" or a "Vietnamese American", or whatever, it's all crap. If you're black, you're black, what's wrong with that? Unless you're blind, believe you're white and you've become a white supremacist. :lol:

Hawkboy
28-May-2006, 06:28 PM
Saw a very interesting documentary on the Canadian Space Channel yesterday. It said the large majority of todays horror films are teenage girls... hence all the crap like "The Ring", "Grudge", and the like. They (The producers) are also aware of this, as they try to make every horror film 'PG-13' instead of 'R', as the 'PG-13' film will make between 30-50 million more than an R rated film.

HLS
28-May-2006, 07:44 PM
I love finding weird things like that, for instance in one cluster of DVDs I've got "Silk Stockings" (musical, for uni), "Simone", "Sin City", "Singin' in the Rain" (for musicals course at uni) and then "Slumber Party Massacre". :D

In between my copy of Cabin Fever and Texas Chainsaw Massacre I have the musical The Fiddler on the Roof . :D

ipotts85
28-May-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeh I reckon this whole "African American" thing is bullsh*t too. There's nothing wrong with the term "black". If there actually was then the term "white" would be equally racist. What also p*sses me off is that the big "N" word is a racist slur (unless used by black folk themselves, where it means the equivalent of "man" or similar words), however "cracker" is fine - which is essentially calling white people whip cracking slave merchants.

So "cracker" and "white" are fine, but the big "N" and "black" aren't? Hmmm, *sniffs* ah the unforgettable aroma of positive discrimination, the biggest cloud of hypocrisy the world has ever known.

I've got nothing against any race, I personally find the whole thing retarded as we are all ONE race - the HUMAN RACE - we all came from the same place, we're all the same bar some differences in skin colour and certain physical attributes (down to 'inbreeding' so-to-speak). But we're all people, I don't get it, we're all the same ... AND ... there's assholes in EVERY colour, especially people who play the race card to their benefit, goddamn those people p*ss me off.

*rant over*

my girlriend is a social worker, and see told me that the preferred term is actually 'black' not african american.

MinionZombie
28-May-2006, 09:29 PM
Depends on whatever is 'in' that week. I can't remember who or where the interview was, but someone was saying how Hollywood will skew their latest horror movie (usually a J-horror remake) to the rating given to which ever horror film was most successful recently, which is such a lame and typically Hollywood thing to do. It's all about business rather than art, which is a damn shame, hopefully they find their way sometime soon.