PDA

View Full Version : Favorite left 4 dead 2 campaign folks?

Danny
27-Nov-2009, 07:41 AM
Dont know bout you but i absolutely love hard rain, the combination of the zombies with a natural disaster is something relatively unheard of and i love how the degree of disaster increases compared to how well you fare. The sugar mill full of witches makes for an excellent level thats a different type of gameplay than the rest and whilst the crescendo moment at the ends a bit "meh" the fact that you spend the second half backtracking through a now flooding version of the first half's route was a nice breath of fresh air in the whole lot.
Though i do enjoy dark carnival, when i finally get it working online thats gonna have to replace the parish as the final campaign just because it feels like a grand finale. Swamp fever has some rad parts, but its ending is like the fizzling out of a firework before it properly goes off. Dead center is just too easy compared to the rest, especially the end, everyone runs up the stairs and throughs down 2 canisters to the car and then get down and one fills whilst the other 3 take on the tank, its just too easy to work for me.
the parish feels like no mercy to me, its fine, the subrubs were great, reminded me of dawn 04's opening, which noone can say wasnt rad, but because you saw almost half in the demo its kind of "yeah so heres the end" and it feels moot.

well thats just my pointless opinion but hard rain fucking rocks, your rebuttal?

capncnut
27-Nov-2009, 01:40 PM
Chose Dark Carnival because it's the most epic level of the lot by far.

I like Hard Rain too but that's only because of the weather effects and flooding. Without that, it would be a bog standard backtracking exercise. Swamp Fever is a borefest but a challenging one, it was driving me and Andy mad last night. Dead Center, like you say, is a tad too easy but I love the smoke effects. And hey, it's set in a mall.

As for The Parish, it's okay but now I understand why Valve used it as the demo. I enjoy playing it, the sunkissed levels are well designed but it's really quite par at the end of the day. That's my tuppence.

CoinReturn
27-Nov-2009, 05:00 PM
Dead center is just too easy compared to the rest, especially the end, everyone runs up the stairs and throughs down 2 canisters to the car and then get down and one fills whilst the other 3 take on the tank, its just too easy to work for me.
No. Effing. Way.

Dead Center is incredibly difficult on Expert, what are you smoking?! I've yet to make it past the second stage. Apparently Swamp Fever is the easiest Expert campaign just because there aren't any moving crescendo events.

Anyway, I voted for Dead Center. I love the cola run, dilapidated mall innards, multi-floor level design and the final fuel run. Dark Carnival is up there too, I adore the finale.

mista_mo
29-Nov-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Swamp Fever- much to the dismay of capn :)

I just love the level design and the atmosphere that a swamp creates. running into submerged witches, mudmen, even the bodies of paratroopers that you come across stuck in the trees is just great.

capncnut
30-Nov-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Swamp Fever- much to the dismay of capn :)
Actually, I'm beginning to like it a bit more. Had some epic battles over the four maps, especially at the plantation. That can be nothing short of a bitch, even on normal setting.

Swamp Fever is growing on me as it happens.

darth los
01-Dec-2009, 08:15 PM
Dark Carnival.

clown Zombies.

Midnight riders.

A VELVET SAFEROOM FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

Nuff said.

:cool: