PDA

View Full Version : Fido, Good Zombie.

wayzim
28-Nov-2009, 05:34 PM
Accidentally caught this oddball yet fun flick a few days ago.

Fido (2007 ) is about an idyllic town named Willard which was one of several communities to survive a zombie uprising in the 1950's. This fenced in town thrives with technology which controls the cannibal instincts of the walking dead through special collars.
The rest of the movie concerns a boy named Timmy whose family, Mom( Carrie-Anne Moss from The Matrix films ) and Dad (Dylan Baker )obtains a zombie servant which the son names Fido (Billy Connolly )
When a malfunction causes Fido to attack a neighbor, the mishap creates a series of further misunderstandings and incidents in Willard to undermine the perfect society.
This is a fun movie, a mix up of the original NOTLD, Leave It To Beaver & Lassie, with Connolly ( Last seen in the newest X-File movie. )as a perfect parody of Bud(Day of The Dead )
While the odd connection with Romero's Dead to the 50's ( as in the Stubbs Zombie video game and a few other films and TV shows ) almost throws devotees out of the movie, and the lack of extreme gore might turn off others, still Fido manages to infect the rest of us with it's playful take on several genres.
And of course there's the odd neighbor, Mr. Theopolis (Tim Blake Nelson ) whose relationship with his zombie, Tammy, ("No teeth, Tammy! ) seems slyly beyond any conventional domestic arrangement.

Wayne Z

School Children: [singing] In the brain and not the chest. Head shots are the very best
Fido (2007)

krakenslayer
28-Nov-2009, 05:50 PM
I've not seen this yet, but I will soon. I love Billy Connolly, I saw him do his stand-up shot at the Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow - he was awesome:

-V4JYIOja10

paranoid101
28-Nov-2009, 09:48 PM
Fido's a fun movie, well worth a watch

bassman
28-Nov-2009, 09:54 PM
Fido was okay. I've seen it once and enjoyed it, but I really have no need to see it again. It's defintely worth one watch, though.

And Connolly is the friggin man!:cool:

axlish
28-Nov-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey, Bassman, lets hop in chat sometime and see if there is anything we agree on, at all....

Fido is easily the best zombie comedy, ever (if you don't count ROTLD as a comedy, and I don't). Extremely clever. And yes, I do mean it is better than Shaun before anyone asks.

PS - I'll ban anyone who responds with an emoticon!!!! :)

bassman
29-Nov-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey, Bassman, lets hop in chat sometime and see if there is anything we agree on, at all....

We're on. I suppose things would be easier if I enjoyed wrestling?:D

kidgloves
29-Nov-2009, 02:26 PM
I thought this was a terrible zombie movie comedy or not. Sorry.
Started well but even the big yin as a zombie couldnt save it.

wayzim
29-Nov-2009, 02:50 PM

Fido is easily the best zombie comedy, ever (if you don't count ROTLD as a comedy, and I don't). Extremely clever. And yes, I do mean it is better than Shaun before anyone asks.

PS - I'll ban anyone who responds with an emoticon!!!! :)

ROTLD is dark satire, both on zombies films and the narcissistic 80's.

Wayne Z
"You mean the movie lied? "

axlish
29-Nov-2009, 03:11 PM
We're on. I suppose things would be easier if I enjoyed wrestling?:D

I wish I enjoyed wrestling. I love classic wrestling, and it has been good in spurts here and there, but I've been out of the game for over a decade. I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the NWO!

Bassman, I know you like that Wooten guy. I'm not familiar with his work. I'd have to say my favorite bass player is John Entwhistle. What are your thoughts on him?

bassman
30-Nov-2009, 02:54 PM
He's pretty good. I'm not a big fan of The Who or some of his set up choices, but he definitely wasn't bad.

And we do agree on something. I don't think ROTLD is a comedy either.

But how exactly is Fido the best zombie comedy ever? I don't think I laughed out loud a single time. And is Zombieland included in this?

axlish
01-Dec-2009, 01:29 AM
But how exactly is Fido the best zombie comedy ever? I don't think I laughed out loud a single time. And is Zombieland included in this?

Aw come on, you didn't laugh when Fido ate the kids in the shack?

Yes, Zombieland is included, although the B.M. bit was great.