PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods & Driving Troubles

ProfessorChaos
01-Dec-2009, 06:02 AM
no, the dude isn't having problems from the tee. for those who didn't yet hear, mr. woods had a little mishap on friday morning after thanksgiving, although i doubt he was rushing out to get great shopping deals on black friday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4693657

i don't think that tiger is really handling this very well. he's a very public figure, so he surely realizes how scrutinized his actions will be. so what's he done so far? avoided talking to the police for three days, withdrawn from his own golf tournament, and made a statement on his website. pretty lame.

while i respect the individual's need for privacy, i feel that by stepping into the megawatt glare of the celeb spot-light and pimping themselves out for endless endorsements, people do have some responsibility to be good examples and role models for the kids that look up to them and the rest of their fans (atheletes of his caliber, that is, not exactly the same with grungy rock stars and fame whores like hugh heffner's pedo-pets).

i imagine unless he addresses this situation soon, he's going to lose a few endorsements and have a bit of a shadow hanging over him for a year or so.

sports fans (not skateboarders, blind:lol:) have any thoughts?

capncnut
01-Dec-2009, 06:06 AM
The missus had to smash the window with a golf club to free him from the wreckage. Talk about "golf saved my life". :lol:

deadpunk
01-Dec-2009, 06:31 AM
sports fans (not skateboarders, blind:lol:) have any thoughts?

I resent your implication that golf is a sport, sir. :lol:

capncnut
01-Dec-2009, 06:33 AM
I regard most games that involve whacking things into holes as sport. :D

ProfessorChaos
01-Dec-2009, 06:33 AM
well, it's a skill at least. that was mainly just a jab at blind.:p

deadpunk
01-Dec-2009, 06:49 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcFz-t__sJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcFz-t__sJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mike70
01-Dec-2009, 12:14 PM
i piss on tiger woods and upon all pro athletes. i do love baseball but that does not mean that i give a fuck about ball players or think that they are "role models" or "heroes."

more people can recognize useless ass folks like tiger woods than can recognize the man who invented penicillin, something that has saved the lives of literally 10s of millions of people since its invention or the man who invented the polio vaccine, again something that has allowed thousands upon thousands of people to escape being crippled or killed by polio.

our culture has a lot of its priorities totally fucked up.

i'm not going to argue this either. go ahead and roar in adulation with the rest of the plebs for these suck asses who hit little balls into holes; who throw footballs; who do nothing but drive a car in a circle around a track. no one is going to stop your panem et circenses.

i guess the way to put it is that while i do enjoy some sports, athletes have a very low place in my hierarchy of importance.

just thought i'd cheer you all up a bit with some of my morning sunshine.:D

DjfunkmasterG
01-Dec-2009, 01:48 PM
Woods keeping mum equals DRUNK DRIVING, or escaping the scene of beating the snot out of his wife. :D

capncnut
01-Dec-2009, 03:53 PM
Woods keeping mum equals DRUNK DRIVING...
Exactamundo, Deej. I thought 'bet he had a few shandies before pranging that motor'. :D

blind2d
01-Dec-2009, 08:51 PM
well, it's a skill at least. that was mainly just a jab at blind.:p

Hey, I resemble that remark!
Anywhich, I'm part Scottish, so golfing... well, has nothing to do with me personally, but yeah, I respect the man's skill and all. It is too bad that he has chosen to not act in an entirely responsible manner about all this, but... well, to quote Danny Elfman, "Why should I care?" If you didn't know, golf was invented in Scotland. Just like... haggis. I hear it's good.

kortick
02-Dec-2009, 09:13 PM
only fitting she would try to beat the shit
out of him with a golf club.

wacking him senseless with a baseball bat
would just seem so wrong.

i smell a lengthy and costly divorce,
but who knows?

I guess his squeaky clean image being ruined just made his
high priced sponsors glad they poured millions of dollars
into having his face associated with thier product.

the wife could get an endorsement with a golf club
maker and boast how easy it is to break car windows
with this model.

JDFP
02-Dec-2009, 09:33 PM
It's an exciting day when John Daly is patting your back saying: "It's going to be okay, buddy, hang in there!"

:D:D:D

j.p.

acealive1
02-Dec-2009, 09:42 PM
people are killing me with this shit. anyone else cheats with someone and its not a problem. but let tiger woods do it and its the end of the world

clanglee
02-Dec-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, this shit should have been a blurb at the bottom of the screen, but it has been blown WAY out of proportion. What the fuck should we care? He got in an accident, who gives a fuck? He might be cheating on his wife, who gives a fuck? This is ALL OVER the news right now. Seriously, let the guy alone and quit boring me with this innane shit!! It's none of our business. . . . . .fucking media. . :mad:

SRP76
03-Dec-2009, 04:51 AM
i piss on tiger woods and upon all pro athletes. i do love baseball but that does not mean that i give a fuck about ball players or think that they are "role models" or "heroes."

more people can recognize useless ass folks like tiger woods than can recognize the man who invented penicillin, something that has saved the lives of literally 10s of millions of people since its invention or the man who invented the polio vaccine, again something that has allowed thousands upon thousands of people to escape being crippled or killed by polio.

our culture has a lot of its priorities totally fucked up.

i'm not going to argue this either. go ahead and roar in adulation with the rest of the plebs for these suck asses who hit little balls into holes; who throw footballs; who do nothing but drive a car in a circle around a track. no one is going to stop your panem et circenses.

i guess the way to put it is that while i do enjoy some sports, athletes have a very low place in my hierarchy of importance.

just thought i'd cheer you all up a bit with some of my morning sunshine.:D

Not the same thing. If Salk's wife had whooped his ass with a golf club for screwing around, I guarantee it would have been all over the press of the day.

SymphonicX
03-Dec-2009, 07:43 AM
while i respect the individual's need for privacy, i feel that by stepping into the megawatt glare of the celeb spot-light and pimping themselves out for endless endorsements, people do have some responsibility to be good examples and role models for the kids that look up to them and the rest of their fans

Interesting points you made there, something I've thought about a bit...the belief that celebrities owe us something because kids look up to them...its a tough one for me - because on one hand, I don't want my future kid to look at celebrities and admire them for their behaviour - I want their behaviour to be inspired by real people in their lives, ie: their parents. Similarly kids need role models right? Or do they?

For instance there's a fine line in this - having a girl look up to Sienna Miller is quite bad, with the exploits of her love life and all the unwanted intrusion by paparazzi - she appears as though she's a bad role model for kids - but should I blame her? Probably not, I should blame myself for allowing my kid to absorb this person's actions without some sort of chat about right, and wrong...

Tiger Woods has more credibility, being a hero amongst the black community and a well respected and loved sporting "personality" (I put that in inverted commas, because really sports personality is an oxymoron). But does that really mean he owes us? Does he really need to be a role model? Did he ask for it? And most importantly - shouldn't it be important that our kids don't grow up idolising people without analysing their faults and failures?

I dunno, interesting thought though, I'm glad you brought it up :)

3pidemiC
03-Dec-2009, 04:41 PM
Holy fuck am I tired of hearing about this story.

clanglee
03-Dec-2009, 09:10 PM
Holy fuck am I tired of hearing about this story.

agreed

DjfunkmasterG
07-Dec-2009, 12:54 PM
What do Baby seals and Tiger Woods have in common?

They can only be beaten by a club. :D

capncnut
09-Dec-2009, 02:45 PM
There's now speculation of him being a filthy ol' druggie.

Click (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/6764344/Tiger-Woods-continues-his-descent-with-drug-overdose-suspicions.html) for article.

Edit: Would like to see an all new inbriated mode of play on his latest videogame. Drugged out visuals and handling (ala GTA IV) that makes playing tournaments a total nightmare. How about a 30GP 'Drunk Driver' achievement to go with it. :D

DjfunkmasterG
11-Dec-2009, 12:32 PM
Here is an article from Life & Style where supposedly 2 PGA golfers had harsh words about Tiger and the Missus, however Yahoo Sports is running article where the 2 quote in the L&S story say it is false.

Yahoo Sport story
http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/PGA-pros-deny-making-inflammatory-quotes-about-T?urn=golf,207961

Original Story:
http://static.lifeandstylemag.com/2009/12/tiger-woods-1.html

For the time being, Tiger Woods' major sponsors -- including Nike and Tag Heuer -- haven't dropped him. But things could change in the wake of a messy, public divorce. In fact, many of Tiger's colleagues in the golf world have already made up their minds about the situation -- and wasted no time badmouthing their former friend. Jesper Parnevik, the Swedish golfer who introduced Elin, then his kids' nanny, to Tiger, has said he regrets doing so. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is," Parnevik said.

Ben Crane, a PGA player, has even harsher words. "This is no surprise to anyone who knows Tiger," Crane tells Life & Style. "He's a phony and a fake and he can't retain that squeaky-clean endorsement deal any longer." Crane also believes Elin may have known about Tiger's other women. "She's no fool," Crane says, adding that perhaps Elin "turned a blind eye because of the money and the kids and the lifestyle he provides."

PGA golfer Charles Warren agrees that it may have been more than love that attracted Elin to Tiger but that she should definitely leave him in light of what's happened. "She was very young when Jesper introduced them," Warren tells Life & Style. "She had stars in her eyes and maybe dollar signs too. But no, she should not stay with him. What kind of message would that send to her sister and mother and all the women out there? That your husband can be a bastard but as long as he makes the deal worthwhile, you'll stay?"

For more on Tiger, pick up this week's issue of Life & Style, on newsstands now.

Photo Credit: Retna

capncnut
12-Dec-2009, 08:33 AM
He's quit golf for an indeterminate period of time.

Click (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-tiger_woods12-2009dec12,0,7473417.story) for article.