PDA

View Full Version : I just got a new job!! :D:D

SymphonicX
02-Dec-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey all
Thought I'd share my good news with you all as I'm bound to corporate secrecy from telling my colleagues :)

Today I was officially made Video Editor at ____(blank for identity protection) TV...I'm an editor! Its been nearly three years of digital media technical assistance, with another 7 years in television working in database management, studios, producing etc etc - and it's finally paid off today.

Having trained as an editor for 9 months this year I completed an interview for the job up against some very skilled competition, who have also been training, and I seriously thought I'd f**ked up the interview. I had a bad morning and my head wasn't functioning properly after the 2 hour meeting prior to it and as a result I felt I was stumbling, nervous, gave incoherrent answers and came across as a bit amatuer...

Guess those thing must have been true, but just not as bad as I thought, as today my manager came down and offered me the job. From january the first I'll be editing TV shows!

I'm so happy, this is the culmination of years and years of work for me to finally be onto a career strand that I will actually enjoy...the real challenges have only just begun though!!!

Thanks for reading, very smiley person here :)

BillyRay
02-Dec-2009, 02:57 PM
Con-grab-u-lay-shuns, Symph.

Sounds like you're getting to do exactly what you've been working so hard to do. How many of us can say that?

Again, good show.

SymphonicX
02-Dec-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks BillyRay :) your kind words are appreciated!! I'm dying to tell friends at work but annoyingly I've gotta keep my mouth shut!

bassman
02-Dec-2009, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a good gig. Congrats!:D

blind2d
02-Dec-2009, 07:12 PM
Ditto, man. Sounds like you really deserve it! I'm happy for you! :)

kortick
02-Dec-2009, 09:05 PM
Great for you man.

If u keep up with the positive attitude u
got going on now then I bet it wont be
long before we hear about u getting a
promotion or an even better job.

really happy for u.

SymphonicX
03-Dec-2009, 07:03 AM
Thank you very much, everyone, for your words!! You really are the greatest :)