PDA

View Full Version : my life is twilight...ugh

Mike70
02-Dec-2009, 03:06 PM
take a gander at this. a friend linked me this on facebook and i thought i'd share. fucking ridiculous.

Today I realized that since I started reading the Twilight books, every time my husband and I argue or he says something mean to me, all I can think of is "Edward would never say that/ treat me like that." MLIT

"Today I asked my boyfriend if he would hold ice to his lips for a minute before he kissed me, so I could pretend I was kissing Edward. He did. MLIT "

I was born on the same exact day as Taylor Lautner in Grand Rapids Michigan. My friends will go to no end to find out if we met as babies. I am secretly pleased. MLIT

and on and on and on....

http://www.mylifeistwilight.com/

bassman
02-Dec-2009, 03:30 PM
This is weird. I literally just finished talking about this on a Ghostbusters forum i visit. So i'll just copy and paste my response from there...

Ya know.....I don't understand why most guys are so offended by Twilight. Nobody is forcing you to watch it. If girls have fun with it, then so be it. Let them have their fun. Some people would say it's ridiculous how crazy we are about Ghostbusters. Same with the fans of Star Wars or Star Trek.

And as I've heard it put before...that's all Twilight is. It's Star Wars for teenage girls and their mothers.

We make replica proton packs, guys. Think about it. We're no different than they are. Just different preferences in films...

Same goes for us here. We're crazy about Romero's films. And unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure there's a thread here about the dead films playing roles in our everyday lives. Quotes, situations, etc. Just like these kids.:sneaky:

Let the girls have their movies. It makes them happy. My wife loves the stuff and I'm very happy for her. I have GB and other movies....she has Twilight.

BillyRay
02-Dec-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow...just when I thought the Twinks coudn't get any sadder.

I'm not salty about the Twilight fad.
(After all, they're not making them for me - so why get nervous)

But wow...

What if zombie fans did the same thing?

"When my mother and I argue or she says mean things to me, all I can think of is "I should stab her to death with a trowel in the cellar and eat her vital organs."

"So I was at the mall, and this Hari Krishna got too close, so I blew his head off. Then I looted."

SymphonicX
02-Dec-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah but our movies are fucking awesome, Twilight is....well...just shit really.

it's all about credibility...

LOL I'm kidding...I'm not saying Diary has any credibility at all...

Twilight is a drama with vampires...who aren't really vampires...all the movies are, is a sort of realising of what I percieve to be an adolescent fantasy involving the romanticised idealogy of vampirism...just done in the language of your average American teen girl...I just called it "dawsons creek with vampires". I'm sure the books have a lot of lore and mythology and hopefully some details that flesh out what the movie realised as very boring characters - but either way I've no interest in it, and I don't see why people are going so mental over it - but similarly, whatever floats your boat - it appeals to a certain demographic that you'd probably be hard pressed to discover the existence of here.

MoonSylver
02-Dec-2009, 03:42 PM
Today I realized that since I started reading the Twilight books, every time my husband and I argue or he says something mean to me, all I can think of is "Edward would never say that/ treat me like that." MLIT

Ugh...yeah because "Edward" is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER, JACKASS!!!:mad::mad::mad:

When "Edward" starts getting out in the real world & busting his sparkly ass to earn a living & pay the bills then we've got some room for comparison.

(and fiction is the only place where this pure, true perfect love(er) exists folks. Real life is a hard, ugly, monotonous grind that sucks all the joy out of you & spits out your desiccated husk. Wonder how "Edward" would feel about that.)

Somebody needs to grow up & get a good hard slap on the ass by reality. Mr. Shatner, if you will...?

http://www.moviesforguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/startrek2khan.jpg

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Let the girls have their movies. It makes them happy. My wife loves the stuff and I'm very happy for her. I have GB and other movies....she has Twilight.

Oh I'm all for "live & let live/to each their own", but too much of ANYTHING is too much. "Twilight" like any other pop culture phenomenon has it's share of fringe loonies. But your point is well taken.

bassman
02-Dec-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.moviesforguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/startrek2khan.jpg

It's quite ironic that you post a picture from one of the biggest and geekiest fan-driven franchises in history into a thread making fun of another set of fans.:confused:

I will say this....the fourth film in the Twilight series should be a blast if they follow the book. Read this article (http://chud.com/articles/articles/21684/1/THE-DEVIN039S-ADVOCATE-WHY-BREAKING-DAWN-MUST-BE-MADE-INTO-A-MOVIE/Page1.html)for a good laugh and to see what I mean. Can you imagine that shit on screen? I'm calling it now....best film ever.:lol:

MoonSylver
02-Dec-2009, 03:56 PM
It's quite ironic that you post a picture from one of the biggest and geekiest fan-driven franchises in history into a thread making fun of another set of fans.:confused:

And the point he made in the SNL skit, which this was in reference to, was dead on: get a life. It's fine to be "into" anything, but if you're basing your whole life around it? I stand by the comparison of one set of crazed obsessed fans to another 100%.

Mike70
02-Dec-2009, 03:57 PM

making fun of the idiocy of teenagers becomes a sort of hobby as you get older. i despise teen angst in all its forms and that is why i cannot stand anything to do with twilight.

SymphonicX
02-Dec-2009, 05:18 PM
making fun of the idiocy of teenagers becomes a sort of hobby as you get older. i despise teen angst in all its forms and that is why i cannot stand anything to do with twilight.

*sings Linkin Park* to Mike :D

JDFP
02-Dec-2009, 05:36 PM
The only thing that bugs me about the "Twilight" series is how some idiots think it's the greatest vampire works ever written in the history of fiction, which just makes me shake my head and want to puke. Sorry, Stephanie Meyer, but Anne Rice, Poppy Z. Brite, Bram Stoker, Briam Lumley, and about 1,000 other writers would kick your ass in writing any day of the week, and Anne Rice's vampires would kill yours in about .0001 seconds. Man, who wouldn't love to see Lestat or Armand rip out Edward's throat when he starts whining? Stephanie Meyer may tell an interesting story that social outcast teenaged girls get into, but she doesn't write it very well. Stephen King has even called her out a few times in saying, basically, that her writing sucks, which it does.

On that note, "Twilight" isn't even creative as a story. The show "The Vampire Diaries" (which is far better done than "Twilight") is based on a similar story to "Twilight". It's an idea that has been done hundreds of times -- A story about a vampire falling in love with a mortal, wow, no one would ever think of that! (sigh). And then to make matters worse, Meyer's vampires aren't real vampires anyway.

j.p.

SymphonicX
02-Dec-2009, 05:38 PM
Stephen King has even called her out a few times in saying, basically, that her writing sucks, which it does.
j.p.

Coming from the man who wrote "Insomnia" I find that mightily rich!

mista_mo
02-Dec-2009, 05:44 PM
I was at the mall on the day that Twilight opened, it was like any other day. it was cold, and bright outside, and my eyes, unaccustomed to the sun, were in a constant state of pain. I strolled to the food court so I could satiate my desire for pizza and donuts, when a terrifying site unravelled with each step I took. There was a line stretching some hundred or so feet, of girls, not yet in high school (or at the very least, in grade 9) camping out, complete with blankets, board games, and pillows. Their purpose? To ensure that they would get a ticket to see the new Twilight movie.

The film wouldn't start for another 8 hours.

It was also a school day. My knees weakened at the site, and I grasped onto a nearby table to hold me up, its surface slick with pizza sauce and drying pepsi. "This can't be happening" I thought to myself. surely, they were in line to see "2012" or even "planet 51". A second glance at the crowd destroyed my hope in those answers. I steadied my knees as well as I could, and made my way towards the pizza place. I couldn't bear to look at the crowd. The chatty, angsty teens wearing their Edward t-shirts, playing their Twilight board games, and chatting about how much of a man slut Bella is for loving their dear Vampire. The thoughts drove me mad, and in my madness, I noticed another disturbing thing.

There were just as many old people in the food court as there was teenagers in the movie line. The stench of old spice overpowered me as I noticed that they were not eating, no, the old men were simply staring. Staring into the mass of young, nubile girls that made up the line.

I learned something that day, and it is a lesson that will be carried with me forever. Young girls like Twilight, and so they camp out hours in advance to see it. Old men enjoy staring at young girls, and will sit there doing nothing but that. These movies bring the worst out in people, and truly should stop being made.

SymphonicX
02-Dec-2009, 06:55 PM
LOL mo, that's the single best argument for why these films are wank!

BillyRay
02-Dec-2009, 06:57 PM
Their purpose? To ensure that they would get a ticket to see the new Twilight movie.

The film wouldn't start for another 8 hours.

And this is different from folks camping out for Star Wars how? :lol:

Lets face it, the target audience for the films/novels are probably still into ponies.

Case in point:
http://springfieldfiles.com/albums/books/0070.JPG

clanglee
03-Dec-2009, 12:32 AM
Coming from the man who wrote "Insomnia" I find that mightily rich!

What? Insomnia is great. . . a bit slow, but great still.

And as far as twilight goes, well the big difference between us as zombie fans and the little girls as twilight fans is that we are innundated with twilight crap in the media, constantly. The media panders to little girls, not so much to us. Fuck Twilight, fuck it up it's stupid sparkly ass.

acealive1
03-Dec-2009, 03:16 AM
emo sissy vampires.........not my cup of tea

rightwing401
03-Dec-2009, 03:57 AM
Mista Mo, try getting your ass dragged to a midnight premier. I will say this with a straight face---I would rather get waterboarded than have to go through that hell again. When the first Twilight movie came out, my wife begged me to take her to the midnight premier. At the calculation of having to endure roughly three hours of crap than be nagged for months on end, I chose to go see the midnight show. I was litterally one of five men in the whole audience, and better than 80% were no older than 16. There wasn't a moment of complete silence once that damn Patterson's ugly ass face appeared on screen. It's bad enough that I had to actually read those four pieces of crap that are passed off as novels, but that experience by far was the worst ever.

Incidentally, the only reason this series is so popular is because about every damn five pages Meyer describes Edward's smoking hot body. When I told my wife that I had plowed through the remaining three novels in less than a two week period after taking a full two months to get through the first one, my wife asked if it was because I enjoyed them so much. My answer was simple. "No, I just skipped every part of the damn stories that described Edward."

On little piece of advice for all the rest of you. If you can avoid it, do not, and I say again, do not get into a debate over how crappy this book series is with a fan, they will litterally try to flay you alive. I've had to deal with grown women acting like whiny pre-pubescent girls every time I mention what a pile of crap these books are. The funniest argument I've ever heard concerning this was that if the genders of the main characters were reversed, I would like it. Here was my response- "Please try to convince me how a book in which a male lead character spends every 10-20 pages describing how his female attraction has such a voluptuous ass, perfect perky boobs that bounch slightly every step she takes, and how he loves the feel of her body rubbing up against his, would last five seconds without the author being burned alive by women screaming bloody murder about sexism, much less being sold as a young adult book."

And don't even get me started on the supposed 'true love' that's protrayed in this crap. The human/vampire relationship in Rob Morganbesser's "Stranger" on this site was better fleshed out.

Danny
03-Dec-2009, 09:08 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/500x_hijinks-ensue-edward-james-olm.jpg

this is a real shirt. that is all.:lol:

SymphonicX
03-Dec-2009, 09:26 AM
What? Insomnia is great. . . a bit slow, but great still.

Wow, you liked that? I thought it was a literary abortion...slow wasn't the issue, it was the whole book for me...rubbish characters, rubbish setting and a rubbish plot...but hey if you liked it, perhaps I missed something...if I ever see it around I'll give it another glance

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Mista Mo, try getting your ass dragged to a midnight premier. I will say this with a straight face---I would rather get waterboarded than have to go through that hell again. When the first Twilight movie came out, my wife begged me to take her to the midnight premier. At the calculation of having to endure roughly three hours of crap than be nagged for months on end, I chose to go see the midnight show. I was litterally one of five men in the whole audience, and better than 80% were no older than 16. There wasn't a moment of complete silence once that damn Patterson's ugly ass face appeared on screen. It's bad enough that I had to actually read those four pieces of crap that are passed off as novels, but that experience by far was the worst ever.

Incidentally, the only reason this series is so popular is because about every damn five pages Meyer describes Edward's smoking hot body. When I told my wife that I had plowed through the remaining three novels in less than a two week period after taking a full two months to get through the first one, my wife asked if it was because I enjoyed them so much. My answer was simple. "No, I just skipped every part of the damn stories that described Edward."

On little piece of advice for all the rest of you. If you can avoid it, do not, and I say again, do not get into a debate over how crappy this book series is with a fan, they will litterally try to flay you alive. I've had to deal with grown women acting like whiny pre-pubescent girls every time I mention what a pile of crap these books are. The funniest argument I've ever heard concerning this was that if the genders of the main characters were reversed, I would like it. Here was my response- "Please try to convince me how a book in which a male lead character spends every 10-20 pages describing how his female attraction has such a voluptuous ass, perfect perky boobs that bounch slightly every step she takes, and how he loves the feel of her body rubbing up against his, would last five seconds without the author being burned alive by women screaming bloody murder about sexism, much less being sold as a young adult book."

And don't even get me started on the supposed 'true love' that's protrayed in this crap. The human/vampire relationship in Rob Morganbesser's "Stranger" on this site was better fleshed out.

You're reiterating thoughts I've read time and time again about these books and films - literally, it just has to be true...generally when a lot of people hate a movie or something its usually because by and large it f**king sucks, and this seems to be the case for twilight...

I hope you went easy on your other half though, I hate going on rants to my gf about stuff she likes and she's gotta sit there listening to me completely destroy it - afterwards I feel awful...!

I've seen the first movie - so my comments only extend to the experience of seeing that - but what I felt was important about your post there was your comment on the lack of "flesh" with the love story...from the movie (which I saw from about 29 minutes in) all I really saw was new girl arrives at school, everyone's a dick, she nearly gets raped and p*ssy boy saves her - then from that point, nothing significant happens to either of them...they decide almost randomly that they are in love - we don't even see them sharing their time together properly, its all shrouded in this bullshit - I mean, to fall in love so many things need to fit into place, and this stupid love story just felt like two angst ridden teens had arbitrarily decided they love each other and that was it...

The "love" was decided on so quickly, without discussion or analysis - and that's what made the movie so dire. It was just instant gratification, cutting straight to the point and forgetting that a good story needs to be embellished with human detail. The characters aren't even likeable, I just don't understand why this film is so popular - it really is just total and utter rubbish.

clanglee
03-Dec-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow, you liked that? I thought it was a literary abortion...slow wasn't the issue, it was the whole book for me...rubbish characters, rubbish setting and a rubbish plot...but hey if you liked it, perhaps I missed something...if I ever see it around I'll give it another glance.

I think I liked it quite a bit more because I had just read the Dark Tower books, so it was a nice side piece to those.

bassman
03-Dec-2009, 12:44 PM
People who go out of their way to display their distaste for Twilight are getting to be worse than the Twilight fans themselves. I can't wait until it's no longer "cool" to make fun of Twilight.

Seriously....I hear more about this series from internet tough guy bitching than I do from my wife.

mista_mo
03-Dec-2009, 12:45 PM
INTERNET tough guys eh.

bassman
03-Dec-2009, 12:48 PM
INTERNET tough guys eh.

I wans't referring to anyone here. Just a general statement from all the places I visit.

mista_mo
03-Dec-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't understand what is wrong with talking about a persons hatred for a terrible movie franchise. All the the on this movie is for (generally) good reason, and the arguments have been written and discussed numerous times. Sure you get the odd person that shouts "DIS MOVIE IS CRAP CUZ OF FAGGY VAMPIRES XD" but there are actual genuine complaints, some of which have been outlined in symponics post. Personally, I detest these films. They are poorly written, acted, and the subject material that they are based on is the kind of thing one would expect from a girl just hitting puberty, not an established writer.

I can understand why they are popular, and I am more than tempted to say "Women have poor taste in film and literature" but that is jumping the gun, and a sweeping generalization on my part. If I wanted a poorly written outlet for my repressed sexual desires, I would write one myself. I don't need some Nancy getting wet in her underoos thinking about how she can write about sexy vampire body to do it for me.

Speaking of which....

Mike70
03-Dec-2009, 01:02 PM
And as far as twilight goes, well the big difference between us as zombie fans and the little girls as twilight fans is that we are innundated with twilight crap in the media, constantly. The media panders to little girls, not so much to us. Fuck Twilight, fuck it up it's stupid sparkly ass.

i think the biggest difference is that we don't sit around pining for true love with a character from the dead movies.

you don't read shit here like, "oh, that ben is soooo dreamy. when my boyfriend kisses me, i just close my eyes and pretend it's him."

mista_mo
03-Dec-2009, 01:04 PM
you don't read shit here like, "oh, that ben is soooo dreamy. when my boyfriend kisses me, i just close my eyes and pretend it's him."

I will direct your attention to a fantasy I had about George Romero, written and typed out here....somewhere.

"Since you asked Bassman, here is why I would like to meet George Romero.

I want to meet George. I think me and him would mesh well. I would tell him my ideas for a new zombie story, and he'd tell me what he thought of it. We would talk all day and night, eating breakfast and lunch together. I would go out on family trips with him and his family, handle his tax returns, and take his kids to swimming practice. We'd stay up all night chit chatting, telling each other about our own respective problems, and cry on each others shoulders. We'd wipe our tears and i would gently stroke his beard, while running my tongue over his glasses, trailing a long line of saliva across his coke bottle lenses.

We'd head up stairs, me behind him, rubbing his back, and cooing into his ears. We sit down at the foot of his bed, and I would rub and jostle his formidable belly, kneading out any fat lumps. His face would start to turn red as I twirled my fingers in his chest hair, making tiny little knots of gray hair across his liver spotted chest. I'd slowly push him down, and start massaging his feet, using my finger nails to dig the fungus from underneath his yellow, smelly nails. I'd twirl it around in between my fingers, sniffing it on occasion, and run my tongue across it.

It would taste like popcorn covered in sewage water.

I would use my teeth to slowly nibble away at his nails, all the while massaging his inner thighs. He would find it rather ticklish, and start moving around like a newborn being tickled by its parent. I would then run my tongue over his calloused feet, getting into every nook and cranny available. At this point, I would start to slap his belly with a DVD copy of Day of the dead, making him moan like a zombie from one of his films. I would put on some soothing music; sounds of nature, or maybe some barry white, and begin to use the DVD case to tickle his unwashed, sweaty pits. With my other hand, I would slowly clamp electrodes to his nipples, and begin feeding an electrical charge into his erect man boobs.

He would call me Bub, and I would call him Doctor Frankenstein; His breathing would start to become ragged and shallow at this point. I would comb his beard into the shape of a windmill, and blow on it. Afterwords I would cuddle with him and the collection of his DVDs that he has, and tell the DVDs that it's all right, I am here, and I am never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you.

We would have shepherds pie and pizza for breakfast, and repeat the days activities to the end of times."

snipped from another thread.

bassman
03-Dec-2009, 01:07 PM
i think the biggest difference is that we don't sit around pining for true love with a character from the dead movies.

Maybe not true love, but this is pretty pathetic.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=14979

:lol:

AcesandEights
03-Dec-2009, 01:19 PM
I agree with Bassman. I don't know how people have the energy to be so very pissed off by so much inconsequential pop culture bullshit.

To be honest though, I guess I've had my weak moments. After all, I still make fun of people who think Gladiator was a good movie and I get pretty angry over bad remakes. Don't get me started on the remake of Planet of the Apes, for instance.

Mike70
03-Dec-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't get me started on the remake of Planet of the Apes, for instance.

please, do get started.

MoonSylver
03-Dec-2009, 01:52 PM
People who go out of their way to display their distaste for Twilight are getting to be worse than the Twilight fans themselves. I can't wait until it's no longer "cool" to make fun of Twilight.

Expressing one's honest opinion never goes out of style.

I don't understand what is wrong with talking about a persons hatred for a terrible movie franchise.

Exactly.

Maybe not true love, but this is pretty pathetic.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=14979

Harmless game. When I start seeing folks post "When my wife says mean things to me I think 'Barbra wouldn't have treated me like that' or 'last night I asked my husband to slick back his hair & pretend he was Rhodes' then there will be more room for comparison, & I'll start worrying.;)

I agree with Bassman. I don't know how people have the energy to be so very pissed off by so much inconsequential pop culture bullshit.

Doesn't take much energy, just an opinion & the ability to type.:D I don't see what's wrong with calling "bullshit" when one sees it.

bassman
03-Dec-2009, 01:53 PM
Since you asked Bassman,

I asked? :confused:

I still remember your Romero fantasy. Some of those mental images will never leave my head.:lol:

AcesandEights
03-Dec-2009, 01:59 PM
Doesn't take much energy, just an opinion & the ability to type.:D I don't see what's wrong with calling "bullshit" when one sees it.

You are so Team Jacob (www.bkteamjacob.com). :p

bassman
03-Dec-2009, 02:03 PM
Expressing one's honest opinion never goes out of style.

Right....but my point is that people go out of their way to bring up the twilight series only to complain that they can't stop hearing about it from it's fans. You would think that if they really hated hearing about it that much....they wouldn't bring it up. Just let it go and you would hear about it less.

The truth is....they just want something to complain about. That's the beauty of internet message boards, I suppose.

SymphonicX
03-Dec-2009, 02:14 PM
I think I liked it quite a bit more because I had just read the Dark Tower books, so it was a nice side piece to those.

ahh I never read them...

MoonSylver
03-Dec-2009, 02:17 PM
You are so Team Jacob (www.bkteamjacob.com). :p

A pox on you for making me click that link just to confirm what you were talking about.:p

Right....but my point is that people go out of their way to bring up the twilight series only to complain that they can't stop hearing about it from it's fans. You would think that if they really hated hearing about it that much....they wouldn't bring it up. Just let it go and you would hear about it less.

The truth is....they just want something to complain about. That's the beauty of internet message boards, I suppose.

Eh...I just take it as folks posting what they like or dislike...making general observations & commentary on what they see in, or think about, the world around them. Makes a good outlet to vent, or just provide stream of consciousness thoughts on what's on their mind.

For some I suspect it's a pretty effective form of therapy. Cheaper too.:D

SymphonicX
03-Dec-2009, 02:25 PM

Seriously....I hear more about this series from internet tough guy bitching than I do from my wife.

Ahh it's all catharsis man, that's why we do it...I mean we mostly share similar interests on this board so I think a chat about this stuff, mainly shrouded in laughs and a bit of fun vitriol, is really good for the soul...and we're not subjecting the real fans to this stuff...I think that's important...

They've sown their seeds of love for this movie and are watching them flourish, we'd be pretty cold hearted and nasty people if we collectively decided to nuke their board with derogatory comments about their favourite films/books - it just doesn't appeal to a huge demographic of this board and this thread, and the resulting bitching is just a part of that...

I actually think its a very positive thing for us to sit there with arms in air about stuff we find absurd, for me personally it reaffirms the fact that I'm not going totally f**king mad!!!

MoonSylver
03-Dec-2009, 02:30 PM
Ahh it's all catharsis man, that's why we do it...I mean we mostly share similar interests on this board so I think a chat about this stuff, mainly shrouded in laughs and a bit of fun vitriol, is really good for the soul...and we're not subjecting the real fans to this stuff...I think that's important...

They've sown their seeds of love for this movie and are watching them flourish, we'd be pretty cold hearted and nasty people if we collectively decided to nuke their board with derogatory comments about their favourite films/books - it just doesn't appeal to a huge demographic of this board and this thread, and the resulting bitching is just a part of that...

I actually think its a very positive thing for us to sit there with arms in air about stuff we find absurd, for me personally it reaffirms the fact that I'm not going totally f**king mad!!!

That's...that's beautiful man...someone who "gets it"...:lol:

JDFP
03-Dec-2009, 03:04 PM
You know, perhaps if they gave more to the male viewers "Twilight" could at least be interesting. It will never be a good story, it's cliched and silly, but instead of only showing guys in the film running around shirtless perhaps they could allow Bela and some of her older friends also run around without wearing any shirts. You can allow the gals to "ooohhh" and "aaahhh" over the stupid love story all they want, but for those of us guys dragged to it they could atleast reward us with some good lookin' "Bela and a couple of her friends" T&A for our viewing pleasure. At least give us some good cleavage with some of the actresses. I guarantee more guys would be interested in the series this way.

Also, give us some good gore too. C'mon, it's about vampires (even though they aren't real vampires), let's show some people having their throats ripped out. A vampire flick without any blood is a bit like a zombie flick without any dead people.

j.p.

blind2d
03-Dec-2009, 07:37 PM
Good points there, J. As for me, I'ma write a song about Twilight. Yep, you read that right. It's not going to be derogatory, either. It shall be a clever hybrid of praise and defamation. A song obvious about its subject matter, but utterly mysterious as to its meaning. The end will be some girl saying, "Oh, Edward!"

BillyRay
03-Dec-2009, 08:13 PM
Yes, U can has parody:

http://microsuede.blogspot.com/2009/11/movie-review-twilight-saga-new-moon.html

clanglee
03-Dec-2009, 09:00 PM
Bassman!!! Quit complaining about people complaining!!!! ;)

bassman
04-Dec-2009, 12:25 AM
Bassman!!! Quit complaining about people complaining!!!! ;)

Quit complaining about me complaing about people complaining!!!!

clanglee
04-Dec-2009, 12:29 AM
Quit complaining about me complaing about people complaining!!!!

How can I not? What with you complaining about me complaining about you complaining about other people complaining all the time?:D

MoonSylver
04-Dec-2009, 01:19 AM
How can I not? What with you complaining about me complaining about you complaining about other people complaining all the time?:D

http://reporter.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451d69069e20120a6a042f2970c-320pi

"[After a series of subtitles about mooses]

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.

[More subtitles about mooses]

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

[Credits about mooses]

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked."

;):D

wayzim
04-Dec-2009, 02:30 AM
http://reporter.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451d69069e20120a6a042f2970c-320pi

"[After a series of subtitles about mooses]

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.

[More subtitles about mooses]

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

[Credits about mooses]

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked."

;):D

or as the python-heads would say "This isn't an arguement, it's just contradiction. "
"No it isn't. "
"Yes it is. "
"If I'm going to argue with you, I must take a contrary position. "
"That's not just saying 'No, it isn't. ' "
"Yes it is. "
"No it isn't. An arguement is an intellectual process to further a proposition. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsay of what the other person says. "

And so on ...

And now, a sparkling vampire on a horse (cut to stock footage of an audience of old ladies clapping. )

Lemon Curry?

Wayne Z ... Ltd.
Brought to you by, Confuse A Reanimated Corpse, Dazzle The Walking Dead, Zap A Zombie, and Fascinate A Flesh-Eater .... SP ...AAM.
Travel Arrangements by the Zombies of Mora Tau Tourist Bureau.
Luncheon provided by CHUD Caterers (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Deli. )

clanglee
04-Dec-2009, 02:53 AM
:lol: hee hee. . . .

deadpunk
04-Dec-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow...just when I thought the Twinks coudn't get any sadder.

I'm not salty about the Twilight fad.
(After all, they're not making them for me - so why get nervous)

But wow...

What if zombie fans did the same thing?

"When my mother and I argue or she says mean things to me, all I can think of is "I should stab her to death with a trowel in the cellar and eat her vital organs."

"So I was at the mall, and this Hari Krishna got too close, so I blew his head off. Then I looted."

Best Argument in this thread.

I'm all for fandom, and to each their own... but, having your boyfriend put ice on his lips to pretend you are kissing a fictional vampire? :confused: Holy fucking whack-jobs, Batman.

mista_mo
04-Dec-2009, 02:22 PM
I asked? :confused:

I still remember your Romero fantasy. Some of those mental images will never leave my head.:lol:

yes, u asked mentally. u needed an outlet of eroticism, as all the talk of shirtless vampires got to you. i simply reminded u where your duty lies.

BillyRay
07-Dec-2009, 02:51 PM
http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2009/8/5/how-to-set-someone-straight.html

Danny
07-Dec-2009, 03:39 PM
I am disappoint,