PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Riddick film - Vin Diesel

Neil
02-Dec-2009, 09:49 PM
PLEASE PLEASE let this be the beginning of some more Riddick films!

Over on Vin Diesel's facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel?v=wall

"The Riddick team is in New Zealand location scouting already... that's exciting.

clanglee
02-Dec-2009, 10:56 PM
Very interesting. I would love to see another Riddick movie. Say what you will about Vin Diesel, Riddick is a bad ass character.

Neil
03-Dec-2009, 08:21 AM
Very interesting. I would love to see another Riddick movie. Say what you will about Vin Diesel, Riddick is a bad ass character.

I love both the films so far... The look/feel (artwork/visuals) in the second were wonderful!

soulsyfn
03-Dec-2009, 07:07 PM
I love both the films so far... The look/feel (artwork/visuals) in the second were wonderful!

WORD!

The second movie was visually stunning and I really do want to see what happens after that cliffhanger.

capncnut
03-Dec-2009, 07:21 PM
Production has already started on the third Riddick film, I thought this was common knowledge.

Neil
03-Dec-2009, 08:08 PM
Production has already started on the third Riddick film, I thought this was common knowledge.

Not to me! I don't believe there's been any formal announcement...

capncnut
03-Dec-2009, 08:12 PM
I do believe Vin was on Johnathan Ross earlier this year hinting his ass off and saying that two new sequels are in the making. Either that or I'm imagining things.

Neil
25-May-2011, 08:03 AM
Filming to start this summer for an 'R' rating?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Vin-Diesel-Says-Riddick-3-Starts-Shooting-This-Summer-Will-Get-An-R-Rating-24867.html

AcesandEights
25-May-2011, 01:28 PM
Hmmm, he demands the movie be made a 'true' R-rated film and is willing to work for scale up front to help the project get off the ground? Very cool.

bassman
25-May-2011, 02:00 PM
Is there a secret fanbase for this character that I don't know about? Pitch Black was fun, but The Chronicles was quite boring. I believe there was also an animated movie that I haven't seen.

Are there really legions of fans out there clamoring for more films?

AcesandEights
25-May-2011, 02:31 PM
I always thought both Vin Diesel and his Riddick character seemed to have a fair following, though I don't know if it's comparable to what he had years ago. Frankly, I thought PB was great and though I didn't like Chronicles when it was released (was actually annoyed by it somewhat at the time, seeing it as blatant fan-service w/ OTT badassery), it has grown on me somewhat in subsequent viewings.

I think Vin Diesel is okay, certainly pretty good fodder for actioners, it's just his fans that are more annoying than anything else. They just need to tone down the Riddick as super-cool every minute of the day crap...it comes across as belittling to the audience.

MoonSylver
25-May-2011, 02:43 PM
Is there a secret fanbase for this character that I don't know about? Pitch Black was fun, but The Chronicles was quite boring. I believe there was also an animated movie that I haven't seen.

Are there really legions of fans out there clamoring for more films?

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. PB was *eh*-to-ok. Chronicles I only saw once, but wasn't overwhelmed by at the time. I keep thinking I need to see it again sometime as there does seem to be a fan base for it that are...somewhat passionate about it & I keep thinking I've missed something. Or maybe not. :|

Exatreides
25-May-2011, 03:09 PM
I liked Pitch black, and watched the chronicles of Riddick in the theater which was actually a good experience. I'm pretty excited about a new film.

Mr. Clean
25-May-2011, 04:58 PM
Sweet! The video games were bad ass too!

Neil
25-May-2011, 07:33 PM
I liked Pitch black, and watched the chronicles of Riddick in the theater which was actually a good experience. I'm pretty excited about a new film.

I loved Chronicles, even with its flaws/faults...

clanglee
26-May-2011, 12:29 AM
Hmmm. . .I loved both films. Riddick is a pretty stock character, but so are most of the really remembered and liked action heroes. So I never saw a problem with the character.

Neil
30-Jan-2012, 04:43 PM
Little bit of news + photo - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53101

Diesel evidently went to the mat to bring us this "R" rated sequel (details HERE) for this new movie, and it's said the project will be closer in tone to PITCH BLACK than it's DUNEish successor. While I enjoyed CHRONICLES quite a bit, this shift is probably a very wise move on the whole, as many fans of the smaller and more immediate PITCH BLACK had trouble relating to its flashier and oversized CHRONICLES sequel. Can't wait to see what Diesel and returning writer/director David Twohy have in store for us this time...

rongravy
30-Jan-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Pitch Black was good, Chronicles put me to sleep. That's all I can remember since it was quite awhile back...

Neil
31-Jan-2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah, Pitch Black was good, Chronicles put me to sleep. That's all I can remember since it was quite awhile back...

I loved Chronicles! Beautiful visuals too!

rongravy
31-Jan-2012, 09:52 PM
I loved Chronicles! Beautiful visuals too!
Obviously not as good as the ones I had inside my eyelids that day...
Kidding. Watching Pitch Black awhile back on Showtime, I kind of thought about revisiting both movies some night to see if my mood has changed on Chronicles.
Who knows, maybe I'd had a bad day and took it out on the Diesel. Anything is possible.

Neil
03-Feb-2012, 07:38 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53279

The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he's encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty.

The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won't leave the planet without Riddick's head as their trophy.

Neil
19-Dec-2012, 10:08 AM
Due for release next September.

The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty.

The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Riddick-Finally-Finds-Release-Date-Next-Fall-34700.html

Written and directed by David Twohy, Riddick opens with the titular hero stranded on a wasteland planet betrayed by his own people. Forced to survive on the surface, getting stronger and stronger fighting off predators, he begins a plot for revenge...which is only fascilitated when a team of bounty hunters arrive looking for him. In addition to Diesel, Karl Urban will be reprising a role, returning as Vaako, and new actors to the franchise include Katee Sackhoff, Dave Bautista, Bokeem Woodbine, and Jordi Molla.

kaushalsingh
19-Dec-2012, 11:40 AM
I found the second one better than the first...looking forward for this one!
Hope it beats the second one

Neil
23-Mar-2013, 08:33 AM
Teaser...

y4CY5HrD71g

EvilNed
24-Mar-2013, 10:54 AM
Looks good enough. I'm not expecting a masterpiece after the second film, but hoping I will enjoy it.

Neil
24-Mar-2013, 06:10 PM
Looks good enough. I'm not expecting a masterpiece after the second film, but hoping I will enjoy it.

I loved the second film!

Neil
16-May-2013, 08:39 AM
Bring... it.... on!

tDxDEjDMreA

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/draven/riddickteaserposter_large.jpg

Neil
11-Jun-2013, 02:04 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/riddickbanner_large.jpg

Three months to go :)

Neil
17-Jun-2013, 06:05 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/riddicsdcc_large.jpg

Neil
03-Jul-2013, 12:45 PM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/merrick/riddick-key-art_large.jpg

Neil
06-Sep-2013, 08:58 AM
Loved it! Not as good as the first two IMHO, but still engaging and imaginative, if a little predictable with cliche characters etc!

Neil
08-Sep-2013, 09:12 AM
No.1 at the box office, be it without much competition - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Riddick-Takes-Modest-First-Place-Friday-Box-Office-With-7-3-Million-39336.html

I hope it does well enougn so we get no.4!

EvilNed
04-Oct-2013, 10:43 PM
Just saw it. It was OK. I mainly went because of Pitch Black, which I loved back in the day. Some elements of this film felt like exact copies of that, tho. Like the monsters in the rain. They felt very much like the aliens in the dark from Pitch Black. I hope a fourth film goes back to Chronicles of Riddick territory without the over-the-top cheese that film brought.

Neil
05-Oct-2013, 11:33 AM
It's definately the least of the three for me, but there was still enough in there I erally enjoyed to rate it!

EvilNed
05-Oct-2013, 02:43 PM
What brought it down several pegs for me were the godawful demale characters. They were either rape victims or butch lesbians that made exceptions for Vin Diesel. That whole part felt so awkward. Like a 15 year olds wet dream.

Neil
05-Oct-2013, 07:33 PM
What brought it down several pegs for me were the godawful demale characters. They were either rape victims or butch lesbians that made exceptions for Vin Diesel. That whole part felt so awkward. Like a 15 year olds wet dream.

Yeh! Great wasn't it :)

Joking aside, it didn't bother me too much as some of the dialog and scenes were so good. The first third of the film was the best, but again, I really just dug being in Riddick's world again, so I forgive some of the lesser points of the flick!

ps: Loved the bikes!

EvilNed
06-Oct-2013, 12:07 AM
True, I like being sent back there as well. It's pretty gritty and dirty comparef to many other franchises. I liked the way the film kept switching perspectives. First 30 minutes is all Riddick, but for act 2 he takes on a supporting role only to come back as the protagonist in act 3.

Legion2213
06-Feb-2014, 07:51 PM
Shameless bump!

Watched this last weekend, absolutely loved it - brainless, violent, unbelievable high energy fun! 1st part of the movie was the best IMO, but I love anything that involves "survival ordeals". The entire Riddick series is just pure grunty-killy escapism at it's best...I genuinely enjoy this franchise.

I heard the 4th one has been given the green light as well...this one cost something like $30 million to make and has netted $100 million, so a good return for whoever invested in it.

don't know if the DR is a different ending to the theatre one, but going by the DR ending, he will be heading to the underverse to kick ass and be all snarky whilst decapitating folk and stuff

Neil
06-Feb-2014, 09:19 PM
I heard the 4th one has been given the green light as well...
Please tell me this is legit!