PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 1/2 on PC?

krakenslayer
04-Dec-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking about getting getting one of these games, but was wondering if anyone one here plays them on PC? It would be nice to be able to get into some online multiplayer with you guys, but I can't afford to but a console and TV set just for that, also my other half would kick my ass if I sequestered myself in a room with an Xbox for hours (yes, I'm under the thumb).

So I was just wondering who, if anyone, plays which? I don't want to buy, say, part 2 and then find out that a bunch of you regularly play part 1, or vice versa. Or maybe none of you play these games on PC?

mista_mo
04-Dec-2009, 10:59 AM
I think the majority of us play number 2 on the xbox 360. It is still very much worth it to buy for your pc though- the game has far more 'life' in it on the pc version. Community content/mods are a big plus, and the patches seem to get released a day or 2 ahead of the 360 version.

I'd be tempted to buy it for my pc if I already didn't own it for my 360, just so I could edit the Tank music to play "Macho Man" by the village people whenever it appears.

I'm not sure how the community is for the PC version though. I can't imagine it being any better than the 360 version, but you have the added bonus of (most likely) having more servers to choose from/people to play with.

bottom line, it isn't worth it to buy a 360 and the game just to play with people that you know, when you can get the game for like 50 bucks off of steam, and have access to far more content (modifications, player made maps, the source code so you can make your own maps and the like) then you would on the console version.

Hope that helps.

also, buy Left 4 Dead 2. It has much more content then left 4 Dead 1, and actually feels like it is worth the price tag.

tkane18
07-Dec-2009, 04:39 AM
I still play L4D1 almost everyday on the PC. I tried the L4D2 demo and it looks like I may have to get a better graphics card after the holidays before I buy it.

Also, you can probably get the first game pretty cheap now. I think I may have seen it as low as $19.99.

MikePizzoff
07-Dec-2009, 07:55 AM
They have it set up so PC players can play with 360 players.

capncnut
07-Dec-2009, 07:57 AM
They have it set up so PC players can play with 360 players.
And then the true match begins! :D