PDA

View Full Version : the president of this college has no heart

acealive1
04-Dec-2009, 08:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091204/ap_on_re_us/us_virginia_tech_shootings

strayrider
06-Dec-2009, 08:18 AM
Why is this heartless?

If the caps start popping and the lead flying, I'm going to try and ensure my family's safety first. Isn't that where our hearts truly reside? Seriously, Ace, I'd place my wife and children's lives first, then worry about everyone else.

Wouldn't you?

:stunned:

-stray-

acealive1
06-Dec-2009, 05:15 PM
Why is this heartless?

If the caps start popping and the lead flying, I'm going to try and ensure my family's safety first. Isn't that where our hearts truly reside? Seriously, Ace, I'd place my wife and children's lives first, then worry about everyone else.

Wouldn't you?

:stunned:

-stray-

ur a college president............hit the fuckin fire alarm or call 911

capncnut
06-Dec-2009, 05:59 PM
And one more post that has a single link without an explanation of said link will result in a ban.

acealive1
06-Dec-2009, 08:24 PM
And one more post that has a single link without an explanation of said link will result in a ban.

oh come the fuck on cap. i explained it in the title...........its not like im spamming the boards man.

capncnut
06-Dec-2009, 08:41 PM
oh come the fuck on cap. i explained it in the title...........its not like im spamming the boards man.
Well technically, what you are doing (not all the time but often) does fall under the spamming category in our Rules section. You regularly make threads that contain nothing more than a single link to a news story. You are also guilty of making threads that contain a quote ripped from another site with little or no other input from yourself. While it isn't exactly crime of the century, it IS against the rules as I will show you in this quote.

Short posts: Repetitive posting that generally adds nothing to the discussion at hand.

Another example of trolling behaviour is ‘hit & run’ copy & paste posts. When a troll is identified they will be contacted to desist, if they refuse and persist threads will be closed/posts deleted and they will most likely be banned.

Now I sent you a stern PM last night which I do apologise for to some degree as I'm not in the habit of doing such things. But you have had friendlies regarding this mode of posting before and all I am asking is that you elaborate a bit more when posting a link to your news story, as it has drawn complaints from some of our members. I wont hand out a warning this time but I will if it persists. That is all.

deadpunk
07-Dec-2009, 02:42 AM
Campus trash collection was canceled 21 minutes before students and teachers were warned.

Okay... I was pretty dismissive of this all the way up until I read that. :stunned: wtf?

Skippy911sc
07-Dec-2009, 04:16 PM
OMG!!!

That is awful!!!

Its nice to know that this university's bread and butter (I.E. Students) where put way up on the priority list.