PDA

View Full Version : A Boy and His Dog

slickwilly13
05-Dec-2009, 02:28 AM
I watched it for the first time tonight. I did not know Don Johnson and Jason Robards was in it. Fallout 3 creators definately took some ideas from this. Nice twist on the ending, too. :lol:

wayzim
05-Dec-2009, 05:22 PM
I watched it for the first time tonight. I did not know Don Johnson and Jason Robards was in it. Fallout 3 creators definately took some ideas from this. Nice twist on the ending, too. :lol:

Fairly faithful to the source(written by Harlan Ellison ) and the ending is absolutely pure Ellison.

Wayne Z
Blood: Well, I'd certainly say she had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste.
A Boy and his Dog.

MikePizzoff
05-Dec-2009, 05:47 PM
I've been wanting to see this movie for some time but keep being put off by the plot synopsis of a dude just trying to have sex with females in a wasteland...?

EvilNed
05-Dec-2009, 07:14 PM
I actually thought the film was rather crap. It was slow, and it's wierdness wasn't funny. I sort off liked the film until they ended up "Underground". From that point on, I thought it sucked.

Yojimbo
06-Dec-2009, 06:51 AM
Fairly faithful to the source(written by Harlan Ellison ) and the ending is absolutely pure Ellison.

Wayne Z
Blood: Well, I'd certainly say she had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste.
A Boy and his Dog.
I loved this movie, even though Harlan Ellison apparently hated it. Knew I recognized "dogmeat" in Fallout3 from someplace!

EvilNed
06-Dec-2009, 08:17 PM
I loved this movie, even though Harlan Ellison apparently hated it. Knew I recognized "dogmeat" in Fallout3 from someplace!

You did... From Mad Max, first and foremost. :p

Skippy911sc
07-Dec-2009, 04:24 PM
I have not seen this movies in a LOOOOONG time, but I do remember not likeing it a whole lot when I did see it. I do remember Don in the role and the talking dog. I really wanted to like it, if that helps. But I also wanted to like Defcon 4, and Land of the Dead oh wait and Diary of the dead... so what do I know.