PDA

View Full Version : Fincher and Fight Club

DjfunkmasterG
06-Dec-2009, 02:10 PM
Anyone who knows the story about Alien 3 and Fincher has to wonder if Fincher set out to make Fight Club as a Giant FUCK YOU to 20th Century Fox. Watching the Blu-Ray last night it had me thinking about all the BS surrounding Alien 3 and how the studio butchered it top to bottom, but I heard Fight Club wasn't without its issues as well.

If you know the history of A3 and Fincher do you think he took this oppurtunity to shove it up the ass of Fox?

Mike70
06-Dec-2009, 03:01 PM
Anyone who knows the story about Alien 3 and Fincher has to wonder if Fincher set out to make Fight Club as a Giant FUCK YOU to 20th Century Fox. Watching the Blu-Ray last night it had me thinking about all the BS surrounding Alien 3 and how the studio butchered it top to bottom, but I heard Fight Club wasn't without its issues as well.

If you know the history of A3 and Fincher do you think he took this oppurtunity to shove it up the ass of Fox?

it's certainly a possibility. i haven't watched "fight club" in longer than i'd like to admit. what particular parts of the film are you referring to? or are you saying that the entire tone and presentation of film in is the form of a single finger salute?

on another note: i'm a big fan of fincher's style. i may not always like his films but i do dig the way he shoots.

capncnut
06-Dec-2009, 05:54 PM
Yawn.

MoonSylver
06-Dec-2009, 07:09 PM
Yawn.

Wake up!

Mmmm...FC reads as just a general "stick it to the man/FU corporate America!" in general, but Fox would fall into the category of "The Man", & I'd say Finch was probably identifying with/channeling his inner Jack, so...that that as you will...:|

DjfunkmasterG
06-Dec-2009, 08:02 PM
it's certainly a possibility. i haven't watched "fight club" in longer than i'd like to admit. what particular parts of the film are you referring to? or are you saying that the entire tone and presentation of film in is the form of a single finger salute?

on another note: i'm a big fan of fincher's style. i may not always like his films but i do dig the way he shoots.

A lot of boundries were pushed in this film that wouldn't fly in many other movies and it just got me thinking is all.

kidgloves
07-Dec-2009, 12:28 AM
What did you think of the picture quality Gary. I wasn't that impressed tbh

DjfunkmasterG
07-Dec-2009, 12:27 PM
I thought the BR looked no different from my 1998 DVD to be honest. I was kind of let down by how poor of a transfer it was, but then again this is 20th century fox, and they only recently started using VC-1 or AVC for their BR codecs, before it was all MPEG2

bassman
07-Dec-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't really see how it would be sticking it to Fox. He made the film for them and it's still returning money. '

Making them more money = shitty form of payback.:p

MoonSylver
07-Dec-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't really see how it would be sticking it to Fox. He made the film for them and it's still returning money. '

Making them more money = shitty form of payback.:p

True that. Doesn't mean there wasn't a "statement" couched in there. Now, how broad/general or narrow/specific that statement is...(I would tend toward the former, but just sayin'...);)