PDA

View Full Version : Original Guns N' Roses reform ...almost!

capncnut
11-Dec-2009, 12:09 PM
Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler reunited on November 22nd to play at a charity event. Both Duff and Steven appear on the forthcoming 'Slash And Friends' album.

tbYeLGMO8Pg
Here's Paradise City. Ruined only by that helium hag Chester Bennington on vocals.

bassman
11-Dec-2009, 12:20 PM
Here's Paradise City. Ruined only by that helium hag Chester Bennington on vocals.

I'm no fan of LP, but I thought he did just fine.:o

deadpunk
11-Dec-2009, 12:27 PM
Slash... :lol: I saw his band the Snake Pit open for Billy Idol once. After each song, they announced: "Thank You! Pittsburgh Rocks, Go Steelers!" just to get applause. Pathetic.

rongravy
11-Dec-2009, 03:50 PM
Slash... :lol: I saw his band the Snake Pit open for Billy Idol once. After each song, they announced: "Thank You! Pittsburgh Rocks, Go Steelers!" just to get applause. Pathetic.
Kinda hard to open for Billeh though. Not a big fan of Slash or Guns either, so this is when I'd be trying to get my buzz on.

kortick
11-Dec-2009, 05:45 PM
I saw Slash Snake Pit on 4-17-95
( I keep all my ticket stubs) and I remember that
show was awesome.

It was at a club and they were headliners and there
was a lot of booze so maybe not opening for Idol
and having a crowd full of made the way they played
different.

cool to see Adler playing again tho.

axlish
11-Dec-2009, 09:52 PM
So who was on rythym guitar?

I thought the singer sounded pretty good.

Nice to see that Slash has lost the gut :)

capncnut
11-Dec-2009, 10:58 PM
So who was on rythym guitar?
Dave Navarro of Jane's Addiction and Carmen Electra fame. :D

Incidentally, Navarro was in Axl's nu-Guns when they recorded 'Oh My God' for the End Of Days soundtrack.

bassman
11-Dec-2009, 11:01 PM
....and Carmen Electra fame. :D

It must be horrible to be remembered for that....

capncnut
11-Dec-2009, 11:05 PM
It must be horrible to be remembered for that....
There's a lot worse he can be remembered for...

...especially when Marilyn Manson said in his autobiography that he finished a gig and entered his dressing room to find Navarro fisting his ass or some such. Begging Manson to slip it up there, which he didn't apparently. :D

bassman
11-Dec-2009, 11:07 PM
There's a lot worse he can be remembered for...

...especially when Marilyn Manson said in his autobiography that he finished a gig and entered his dressing room to find Navarro fisting his ass or some such. Begging Manson to slip it up there, which he didn't apparently. :D

Gawt-damn! That's some fucked up repugnant shit, right there!:lol:

But you know Manson would oblige....

capncnut
11-Dec-2009, 11:14 PM
But you know Manson would oblige....
Well, for someone who has openly admitted to engaging in similar, if not, worse depravities. Sure.

I read an interview with Navarro and Electra once where he said 'ass play' and 'looking inside' were common activities in their sex life. Still, he ain't a bad geetarist, even if he did do that shitty MTV 'reality' show.

Talking of reality show stars...

c1QFFp3HLEE
...Ozzy is another guest on Slash's upcoming album. Check out the line-up on Wiki. It's a who's who of rock gods.

axlish
11-Dec-2009, 11:24 PM
Its a shame we missed the soloes for each song. You can't hear Navarro for shit! I love Ozzy! It looks like there were some professional cams in the audience, I hope this one hits the air somewhere.