View Full Version : Another Useless Zombie Thread

SRP76
16-Dec-2009, 04:52 PM
I just got a ridiculous idea about our undead friends by looking at a steak in my fridge.

We see in almost every zombie movie a "feeding". As in, some poor mook is down and helpless, and a gaggle of ghouls sits down to dinner.

Well, do you think they squabble over the "better cuts"? Honestly, a person, just like a cow, should (I can't say for sure, since I've never eaten anyone) have certain areas of the body that are more tender/better texture/more flavorful than other parts. A zombie may or may not care about that.

So do you think they're just randomly grabbing while their victim squeals, or do you think they're going in for a specific menu item?

JDFP
16-Dec-2009, 05:20 PM
BRAAAIIINNNSSS!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

I actually just re-watched ROTLD2 the other night and really enjoyed it. It's one of those great 80's flicks that just get better with time.

Honestly though, I don't think a ghoul would necessarily be interested in one part of a body over another. I don't know that a ghoul would necessarily be interested in "taste" as that requires the glands of their tongue to operate, and does the taste-buds operate properly with only a smidgen of brain activity still functioning? Even if a ghoul continued to be able to taste, would it have the ability to distinguish between: "Hey, this leg tastes really yummy, but stomamchs are just too fatty and gives me heartburn!". It probably all tastes like chicken anway. Eh, I don't think it would be a matter to a ghoul...

j.p.

ProfessorChaos
16-Dec-2009, 05:42 PM
there's an amusing, yet twisted, short story in the first "book of the dead" anthology called "the good parts". it's been a while since i read it, but i think the story focuses on a large chubby zombie who had a rather unconventional upbringing as a kid....if i recall, he was raised by parents (maybe grandparents?) who owned a sex shop and he was exposed to a lot as a kid. as a full grown and undead man, the character always tends to be drawn to "the good parts" when eating a person.

EDIT: if i was a ghoul with even half a functioning brain cell, i'd be all about gobbling on fit chicks' legs and asses, though.:D

MoonSylver
16-Dec-2009, 10:25 PM
Seems like I recall some squabbling over bits by zombies Night & Dawn at least...but I think that was over the slim pickings not necessarily the choice cuts...but I'm not sure....:rockbrow:

triste realtà
16-Dec-2009, 10:59 PM
My problem with the feedings is: can you really rip someone open without using utensils or teeth?

krakenslayer
16-Dec-2009, 11:11 PM
My problem with the feedings is: can you really rip someone open without using utensils or teeth?

A zombie could probably do it by inflicting a bite wound in a soft area - the stomach, say - with its incisors and then getting its hands into the wound and ripping it open, kinda like a goatse of gore (if anyone's been living under an internet rock for years, don't Google that word). Or simply by having enough zombies all pulling in the right direction - i.e. Rhodes's death.

That said, a lot of footage in, particularly, Dawn has just one or two zombies ripping people apart (tearing off limbs, etc) with ease despite the fact that they're shown to be incredibly uncoordinated and not particularly strong elsewhere in the film. To be honest though, that's just part of the cartoonish physical laws that exist in George A. Romero's Dead universe - at least it's something that's relatively consistent between films. To call it out is kinda like complaining that it's not possible for Will E. Coyote to walk off a cliff into thin air and not fall until he notices he's up in the sky. :D

Ghost Of War
17-Dec-2009, 07:18 AM
I just got a ridiculous idea about our undead friends by looking at a steak in my fridge.

We see in almost every zombie movie a "feeding". As in, some poor mook is down and helpless, and a gaggle of ghouls sits down to dinner.

Well, do you think they squabble over the "better cuts"? Honestly, a person, just like a cow, should (I can't say for sure, since I've never eaten anyone) have certain areas of the body that are more tender/better texture/more flavorful than other parts. A zombie may or may not care about that.

So do you think they're just randomly grabbing while their victim squeals, or do you think they're going in for a specific menu item?

It's possible, I suppose. Zombies can tell the difference between human flesh and animal flesh, so why not different cuts of a human?

"Leg or breast, sir?"

"moooooaaaaaaaannnnnnnn"