PDA

View Full Version : Venkman returns as ghost in GB3?

capncnut
16-Dec-2009, 09:51 PM
Okay, I never thought I'd ever make a GB post, but according to Bloody Disgusting, Sibruney Wover has let slip that Bill Murray may return as a ghost in Ghostbusters 3. Dunno what to make of that at all.

Click (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18411) for article.

bassman
16-Dec-2009, 11:42 PM
I think she's repeating rumors. In the nineties when Dan Aykroyd was trying to get GB3 off the ground and Bill Murray was resisting....the idea was to kill Venkman off early in the film and have his ghost appear in only a few key scenes.

They could possibly still be going for this script(I really hope not), but after Murray has become more open to the idea of a GB3, I really doubt it.

Weaver has been asked about this a lot while doing the rounds for Avatar, but she even admits that she hasn't yet seen the script. So she knows just as much as everyone else at this point...

The only people that have been confirmed as reading the script are the two writers of course, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Reitman. Murray, Hudson, and Weaver still haven't seen it.

MikePizzoff
17-Dec-2009, 02:08 AM
Bassman, I'm pretty sure you and I had talked about that the Murray ghost thing from the 90's least once before.

Mike70
30-Dec-2009, 09:56 PM
i came across this bit with harold ramis. he says that all the old gang will be back and that the goal is a 2011 release.

"'GB3' is progressing with plans to shoot next summer and release in 2011," he said in an interview with Heeb. Ramis also once again confirmed the involvement of the original players -- "all the old guys will be in it," he said -- echoing previous statements made to MTV back in March.

Let that sink in. More "Ghostbusters" in 2011. While the talk won't mean anything until there's a cast on a set shooting a finished script, it's the strongest indication we've gotten yet that more ghosts will be busted, and soon.

Speaking of the script, Ramis makes no mention of the current one's status. As you might remember, "The Office" writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky -- who wrote the summer comedy "Year One" for Ramis -- are handling "Ghostbusters 3" as well. If the promise of a summer 2010 production start is accurate however, you've got to imagine that they're pretty close to a final draft.

considering that this story came out today, i don't think it has been posted here yet.

bassman
30-Dec-2009, 10:07 PM
He actually talks a bit more about it in the original article. Not sure why the article you posted left things out.

One thing Ramis mentions in the original article is that the original GBs won't just be in the beginning of the film and then disappear so that the new team can take over. He compared the original team's involvement to Christopher Lloyd's Dr. Emmet Brown in the Back To The Future trilogy. Those are some mighty big words, but it sounds like the right direction to take.

As I've been saying since the early 90's though....don't count on it until there's a production number or they're physically shooting. Hopefully it won't be long as everyone should have read the script by now. Maybe Murray won't shoot it down immediately...

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, I can see how the idea would work and be considered a good idea ... but nyah, no, I don't think so. It'd be too harsh for the character.

Also, it's amazing that Sigourney Weaver is 60! That lady's kept herself in good shape alright.

As for the whole "Doc Brown" angle - it makes sense - and if they pull it off, it could work well, and it makes a lot of sense. The other key thing is of course making it all work, as we're so invested in the original four Ghostbusters. So it's gotta be handled just right.

I did have a thought that they could have 'Benjamin Buttoned' the whole cast ... that'd be intriguing.

Plus, having the videogame is a real boost to the franchise. It may not be a perfect videogame, but it's a damn near perfect Ghostbusters videogame.