http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

ps-KqKHpsxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Hrmmm...

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2009, 12:44 PM
Now thats a fucking comic book movie!

deadpunk
17-Dec-2009, 01:25 PM
I was never much of a fan of buckethead's comic, but I loved the movie (more than I wanted to admit). I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

darth los
17-Dec-2009, 07:36 PM
I just found this myself and it didn't make sense to start a new thread. Some cool info. here.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/105/1055687p1.html

Tony Stark and friends are back on the big screen this May in Iron Man 2, the anticipated sequel to Marvel's 2008 superhero blockbuster. If you've not been keeping up with the latest, or even if you have, take a look at our Iron Man 2 preview to make sure you're up to speed on Shellhead's return.

In spite of some early hiccups mostly related to Hollywood deal-making, production on Iron Man 2 came together rather quickly considering the scale of the ambitious effects-heavy project. At first it was thought that director Jon Favreau might not return. Then there was talk that Robert Downey, Jr. could bail. None of that panned out. But there was legitimate drama surrounding the role of Rhodey when actor Terrance Howard was shown the door and replaced by Don Cheadle.

The official line on the movie's story goes like this: The world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Downey Jr.) is the armored superhero Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) and James "Rhodey" Rhodes (Don Cheadle) at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces.

- Paramount/MarvelRourke as Whiplash
That's not all there is to know, however. At IGN's Iron Man 2 set visit, we learned that the core of the story's drama is derived from dual crises being faced by Tony Stark. Tony faces an inner struggle with lingering father issues, while there are mounting pressures on him, both personally and professionally, as a result of some sort of energy crisis. The shadow of Tony's celebrated, brilliant father, Howard Stark -- a man who helped America win World War II and stay armed during the Cold War -- looms over the entire film. Howard's past somehow holds the key to Tony's future.

Tony Stark isn't the only character with daddy issues. We've learned that Mickey Rourke's villain, Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko also has them as well -- his father was a famous scientist. Why do they call him Whiplash? Well, because he's got whips, of course. Energy whips!

The sexy spy Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) weaves her way through the story, infiltrating Stark Industries and the CEO himself. (She can infiltrate us anytime!) All of this turmoil wears down Stark's relationship with Pepper and Rhodey, and most likely impacts Nick Fury's attempts to lure Stark to S.H.I.E.L.D. Expect Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer to play an important part as a slightly retooled (and de-aged) version of Stark's comic book rival.

- Paramount/MarvelCheek to cheek: Iron Man and War Machine
If you're hungry for visuals from the film, get ready to chow down. Paramount is opening the floodgates. We've witnessed a series of posters in recent weeks -- you've seen those above -- and the first trailer for Iron Man 2 will run with the Christmas release of Sherlock Holmes, which also stars Downey Jr. In fact, snippets from that preview are dropping online at this writing.

As for the future of the Iron Man franchise, this may be the last of the Paramount-distributed films in the series. With Disney's acquisition of Marvel, the House of Mouse will have first dibs on a third movie. What might that mean for the creative team involved? We're inclined to think that Disney won't shake things up too much. But it's Hollywood and as in the shadowy realm of Tony Stark's military-industrial complex... anything can happen.

:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2009, 11:32 PM
I must've watched that trailer 10 times and that ass whupping they give at the end has me stoked for May 2010

AcesandEights
18-Dec-2009, 02:11 PM
Firstly, let me say I do agree with DJ that this really does look like a comic book complete with all the 'splosions and bombast, and I don't think that's bad at all. I think they do have the perfect Tony Stark, in Downey and though I'm upset they replaced Howard as Rhodey, I do have hopes the movie will at least be fun.

I will say, though, that I have a feeling Rourke got shoehorned into whatever role would closely fit him, just to get his resurgent name in the project. That said, I was skeptical of Whip/blacklash as any sort of major villain...I mean that's almost like making Stiltman the big baddie in a Spiderman movie, but when I learned they were incorporating parts of the Crimson Dynamo's background into the character concept, I was somewhat happier.

rongravy
18-Dec-2009, 06:37 PM
This looks good in spite of Downey Jr being in it.
and did I see a black Ironman in there?

bassman
18-Dec-2009, 07:16 PM
This looks good in spite of Downey Jr being in it.
and did I see a black Ironman in there?

That's War Machine. Who is also Tony Stark's friend and military man, Rhodes.

MoonSylver
18-Dec-2009, 10:43 PM
but when I learned they were incorporating parts of the Crimson Dynamo's background into the character concept, I was somewhat happier.

Wish they'd have just made it Crimson Dynamo & been done with it. Love this armor design for him:

http://marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/2/2d/Yuricrimson.jpg/440px-Yuricrimson.jpg

bassman
18-Dec-2009, 11:09 PM
Wish they'd have just made it Crimson Dynamo & been done with it. Love this armor design for him:

http://marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/2/2d/Yuricrimson.jpg/440px-Yuricrimson.jpg

I'm not too good with Iron Man's mythology, but it looks to me that Dynamo probably would've been too similar to the villian in the first film, Iron Monger.

So maybe they wanted to try and have different styled villians?

I'm curious as to why we didn't see much from Johanson in that teaser. I thought she was playing a main villian like Rourke....

Danny
19-Dec-2009, 02:20 AM
Firstly, let me say I do agree with DJ that this really does look like a comic book complete with all the 'splosions and bombast, and I don't think that's bad at all. I think they do have the perfect Tony Stark, in Downey and though I'm upset they replaced Howard as Rhodey, I do have hopes the movie will at least be fun.

I will say, though, that I have a feeling Rourke got shoehorned into whatever role would closely fit him, just to get his resurgent name in the project. That said, I was skeptical of Whip/blacklash as any sort of major villain...I mean that's almost like making Stiltman the big baddie in a Spiderman movie, but when I learned they were incorporating parts of the Crimson Dynamo's background into the character concept, I was somewhat happier.

i dont think whiplash is the big bad guy in iron man 2, i think its a big boondoggle on the trailers part. The little flashes of the metal veins on his chest reaching out from the plate on his chest and the armour in the final shot has the triangular center light instead of the round one where they are fighting plenty of other mechs. I'm guessing whiplash is just the first half bad guy to get the armour wars story rolling, since the trailer says tonys trying to keep the stark tech secret.
i really think theres an unannounced final boss so to speak we have yet to hear about.

clanglee
19-Dec-2009, 06:43 AM
i really think theres an unannounced final boss so to speak we have yet to hear about.

I don't think it's really unnanounced. Sam Rockwell is playing Justin Hammer in the movie. And I have a feeling that H.y.d.r.a will be featured in the movie.

bassman
19-Dec-2009, 01:02 PM
Let's hope they're not pulling a Spiderman 3 on us and having too many characters to deal with. Hopefully Favreau has taken a note from Nolan on how to handle a bunch of characters at once...

MoonSylver
19-Dec-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm not too good with Iron Man's mythology, but it looks to me that Dynamo probably would've been too similar to the villian in the first film, Iron Monger.

So maybe they wanted to try and have different styled villians?

Yeah, that's a good point. Iron Man has fought a LOT of armored bad guys over the years, especially in the whole "armor wars" series. I guess what I'm thinking is that if they were gonna use Whiplash I wish they weren't incorporating elements of the Dynamo too. Not a deal breaker, but I hate it when they start playing mix-n-match.