PDA

View Full Version : day of the dead remake, who would you cast

kingofmonsters2
29-May-2006, 05:38 PM
this might have already been posted but as you can see i dont visit the homepage much anymore. so if this is something that has been posted already i apologise, but who would you like to see as the main cast?

RHODES: billy zane, billy zane is a good actor that has palyed alot of different roles, he was an arrogant asshole in the movie titanic, so just give him a more hardcore asshole attitude with a differing reasons of coarse and we have our rhodes.

STEEL: john goodman, might sound suprising but steel was a big guy and he wasnt a young man, and john goodman is a good actor who has also played alot of different characters, i can truly picture goodman standing around harrasing sarah about having the biggest meat in the cave.

STEEL: Abraham Benrubi, he played kubiak on parker lewis cant lose, ironically he play a young john goodman on the show roseanne. he is big and if a younger actor was needed to play steel he is perfect.

RICKLES: steve buscemi, i dont think i need to explain anything about my choice for him as rickles

RICKLES: bobcat goldthwait, he acts like a nut, now just have him be nutty while being an asshole and we have rickles, and who wouldnt want to hear bobcats tradmark voice screaming as the living dead rip his face off

DOC LOGAN: jeffery combs, the coolest and the best of the mad scientists,he can pull off the bi-polar attitude of doc logan perfectly, serious one minute, raving lunatic the next, wouldnt be much of a departure from herbert west.

DOC LOGAN: lance henrickson, if doc logan was being portrayed a little differently i would like to see henrickson as loagn, having logan more of an asshole, highly arrogant just like rhodes but for different reasons, doc logan could argue with rhodes because of easy going nature, herickson would provide that arrogan/always right/your wrong type of attitude that would throw him and rhodes at odds with each other.

DOC LOGAN: kris kristofferson, he was cool as whistler and a badass to boot.would give doc logan a level of coolness we havent seen before

BUB: tim roth,i like the guy as an actor, he was good under heavy make up in the planet of the apes remake, with the right special effects comapny doing the make up for bub and roths acting ability i can see him being a good bub

BUB: simon pegg, shaun from shaun of the dead, am i the only one that thought that simon pegg was the spitting image of bub while under the zombie makeup as one of the photo zombies in land of the dead. he did a good job as a zombie, and he looked like bub, so why not.

MCDERMOT: tim roth, i cast as bub already, but i like him as mcdermot, easy going, half drunk, flesh out his role more as a electronics expert and comunications.

MCDERMOT: mick jagger, strange choice, but i liked him in freejack. i think he could do a good job

MIGUEL: miguel ferror, he has been in a butt load of movies, he was in deep star six and his character went a little nutty, somewhat like miguel did in day of the dead, perfect choice.

MIGUEL: Esai Morales, he was also in freejack as ripper, he was in nypd blue, damned good actor

JOHN: lawrence fishburn, he's a good actor, and johnny is a well liked character, not to much else to say, just have the man do his job and we have a great johnny

JOHN: samuel l jackson, johnny could be a smartass, so why not have jackson simply do what he does best, be loud, be funny.

SARAH: Linda Fiorentino, she was in men in black,dogma, in no way would i cast some bubble gum teen actress just because the actress is popular that for a week or two, linda fiorentino is good looking, can portray serious characters and looks like she could be doing the job that sarah would be doing.

FISHER: matt leblanc, i figure fisher should be just a little younger, and matt leblanc would fit well as fisher, not to many lines, not to much work to put in as the character

Hawkboy
29-May-2006, 08:45 PM
I would cast anyone who could act as Doctor Logan as that would be an immediate improvement on the first film.

Eyebiter
29-May-2006, 09:25 PM
We had a similar discussion a few weeks ago
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=872&highlight=dead+remake

MapMan
30-May-2006, 02:56 AM
I need to give this some serious thought about the rest of the cast, but Tina Romero would be casted as Sara.

Guru ofthe Dead
30-May-2006, 05:15 AM
Hard decisions, however Quentin Tarintino would be a good Rickles and he is a fan a Romero's movies.:D :cool:

FleshMask
30-May-2006, 11:33 PM
Brent Spiner, Patrick Stewart, or at least someone from the STNG cast...

Only cus they need the work....

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 02:13 AM
i cant remember names so ill try as best i can.

mcdermott - dont laugh but i think if jhonny knoxville did some serious acting he could do it, or the doctor from voyager.

dr. logan - sam neil, that is the guy from jurassic park right? ,that ore the guy who played him in the origional (scratch that he died in 2000). or better yet christopher eccleson the last doctor , get it?...anyone?

sarah - the woman in invasion who plays sheriff underlays wife. thats the only one i think is creepily like her.

goon soldiers - nickolas cage, the guy who played fred flinstone and was in rosanne hes steel, and the latino type dude from land , hey the dude who played steel was in dawn too. finally id say the dude who played captain spaulding in house of 1000 corpses hes gotta be the laughing one with steel like jabbas little mate,lol.

rhodes (he was the lead guy right?) - jonnhy depp -PSYCHE!, i think that the dude from 24 and phone booth could do it... or logan really.

bub - simon pegg ,who else?:D

jamaican pilot - itsa gotta be the dude who played morpheus in the matrix, or samuel.L.

Hard decisions, however Quentin Tarintino would be a good Rickles and he is a fan a Romero's movies.:D :cool:

YES!, GENIUS!.

and reading some of the ones king put, which i didnt before i posted just now shows that either dumb minds think alike or some of these people were meant to play these roles.

Guru ofthe Dead
01-Jun-2006, 02:22 AM
I agree with everyon on Simon Pegg as Bub. Yes he looks like him and he as that Land expierence. Not good with the spelling I am a redneck from Kansas.:cool: Hellsing thanks for the props on Tarintino it just popped into my mind.

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 02:38 AM
allthough i doubt the romero fans would want to see him do a "like a virgin monolgoue" ala reservior dogs.

Guru ofthe Dead
01-Jun-2006, 02:45 AM
allthough i doubt the romero fans would want to see him do a "like a virgin monolgoue" ala reservior dogs.
Agreed, but he would have some cool shiznit to say. Oh yeah WTF is that green thing.:rockbrow:

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 03:51 AM
everyone loves the green thing, copy and paste it into as many forums as you can, its takin' over ,people faint as it canters by:D

Mr_Shadow
01-Jun-2006, 11:15 PM
i would ike to see Jack Black as Rickles, Maybe even Bill Goldberg as Steele

OddDNA
02-Jun-2006, 08:58 PM
Here goes my Dream team of Day:

Rhodes: James Woods

Sarah: Roseanna Arquette

Logan: Christopher Walken

McDorment: Steve Buscemi

Steele: James Gandolfini

John: Morgan Freeman

Rickels: Chris Tucker

Bub: Leo DiCaprio

Miguel: John Leguazamo

Danny
03-Jun-2006, 08:03 AM
i honestly thought leonardo dicaprio was dead.

Neil
03-Jun-2006, 09:29 AM
In reality do we know how similar the remake is going to be - story wise - to the original?

Danny
03-Jun-2006, 10:15 AM
id like to see it based on romeros origional script.

simple as.

MissJacksonCA
30-May-2007, 04:34 AM
Here goes my Dream team of Day:

Rhodes: Peter Sarsgaard

Sarah: Radha Mitchell

Logan: William Shatner

McDorment: Steve Zahn

Bub: Bruce Campbell

Miguel: John Leguizamo

I think the rest i'd leave to unknown or little known actors

30-May-2007, 04:45 AM
all unknowns... in true Romero fashion (uhm... except for the LAND thing...)

acealive1
30-May-2007, 04:53 AM
Rhodes: eric bischoff,andy garcia

Sarah: sarah polley

Logan: the teacher from boy meets world

McDorment: spike dudley,dana carvey

Bub: matthew taylor

Miguel: steven bauer

John: dennis haysbert

Steele: taggert from BHC

Minerva_Zombi
30-May-2007, 05:04 AM
Sarah - Rosario Dawson ( I Love her in everything she does)

Rhodes - Christian Bale

Logan - Dennis Hopper (One of my favorite actors of all time)

Bub - Simon Pegg (Exact look alike, but I just wonder if he could pull off the emotional aspect the howard Sherman did)

John - Djimon Hounsou

McDermot - Robert Carlyle

Rickles - Bill Moseley
(GREAT CHEMISTRY)
Steele - Sid Haig

Miguel - Eddie J. Fernandez

Dr. Fisher -Tom Savini

Danny
30-May-2007, 12:25 PM
after watching nightmares and dreamscapes i think if i was remakeing day id cast william h macy as logan, i eckon he'd be great in that role.

fartpants
30-May-2007, 06:26 PM
its got to be Asia Argento as Sarah

DEAD BEAT
30-May-2007, 07:01 PM
None of the asssholes they casted!:moon:

Cody
31-May-2007, 02:11 AM
not the originial rhoades. hes gone to hell have you looked at him lately?