PDA

View Full Version : 70 Minute Review of the Phantom Menace

Skippy911sc
22-Dec-2009, 07:37 PM
Here is a link to the greatest review of Star Wars Episode I- The Phantom Menace. Check it out!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/17/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/

capncnut
22-Dec-2009, 08:40 PM
Watched the first part. Awesomeness. Dunno if I have the brain cells to plough through the rest of it though.

EvilNed
22-Dec-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm halfway through and this is hilarious. Some of the funniest stuff I've seen in years!

Eyebiter
23-Dec-2009, 12:57 AM
Have yourself a drink or three and keep watching. That guy has a seriously twisted sense of humor.

ProfessorChaos
23-Dec-2009, 01:42 AM
great stuff. at first, the dude's voice kinda got on my nerves, but his sense of humor and wit has a way of making the voice that much better.

"what's wrong with your face?"

also, anyone notice "the gonk" playing in the background during part 5? it starts at about 3:38 or so when the narrator begins discussing the podrace....

ProfessorChaos
08-Jan-2010, 05:49 AM
anyone who hasn't checked this review out yet, do so.

for those who enjoyed the scathing review of the phantom menace, get ready to have your faces rocked:

mkxQ6HYDwIA

can't wait!:hyper:

EvilNed
08-Jan-2010, 08:01 AM
Haha, same here! It can't come soon enough!

DjfunkmasterG
08-Jan-2010, 01:08 PM
anyone who hasn't checked this review out yet, do so.

for those who enjoyed the scathing review of the phantom menace, get ready to have your faces rocked:

mkxQ6HYDwIA

can't wait!:hyper:

If there is anything to look forward to in 2010, this would be in my top 5

strayrider
09-Jan-2010, 08:17 AM
LOL!

:lol:

-stray-

ProfessorChaos
04-Apr-2010, 04:16 PM
RedLetterMedia's review of AotC is up! Enjoy! here's the link to part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Danny
04-Apr-2010, 05:07 PM
just finished watching this, loved the blend of review with home movies of a retarded serial killer.

shootemindehead
05-Apr-2010, 03:16 PM
Can't believe I just sat through the fucking 'The People Under the Stairs' again, when I could have been watching this.

SymphonicX
05-Apr-2010, 05:07 PM
Just watched the whole 70 mins, can't wait for the next lot!

Awesome stuff, thanks!

ProfessorChaos
06-Apr-2010, 05:58 AM
i think that in the last part of the review, he sums it up pretty well:

"when you suck out the humanity from the films and replace it with the ease of digital film-making, well, it just sucks" /end

although i did enjoy the prequels a bit, mainly for the origin of vader, i've always felt that they ruined it with the overuse of cgi and shitty shrek-like characters such as jar jar and that fly-thing that owned anakin and his mother. if lucas had focused more on the human relationships and less on the bullshit epic eyesores, we might have had something that felt a bit more like the original.

Neil
07-Apr-2010, 06:38 AM
Just started watching! Genius!!

shootemindehead
07-Apr-2010, 08:53 AM
Watched his review for the even worse 'Attack of the Clones'. Agreed with everything he said.

He sums up my own opinions about CGI perfectly well.