PDA

View Full Version : bad movie experience

thxleo
22-Dec-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm sure I will be in the minority on this but, watching Avatar was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at the movies. Cameron makes Romero look like Rush Limbaugh by comparison. Did Al Gore and Michael Moore write the screenplay? It pains me to say this because I respect James Cameron a great deal, but this film flat out sucked. All of my film maker "heroes" have let me down recently(George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and yes even George Romero). Now it's James Cameron's turn, I suppose. I hope Frank Darabont and Christopher Nolan don't join the list!

EvilNed
22-Dec-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I was not a big fan either. Wasn't crap, I'm mostly surprised that James Cameron would settle for a story and characters so bland and boring. It's as if all he cared about was the effects and the script never went beyond a first draft.

Eyebiter
23-Dec-2009, 12:56 AM
The Avatar 3D special effects were worth the price of admission.

thxleo
23-Dec-2009, 01:44 AM
The Avatar 3D special effects were worth the price of admission.

I completely disagree, I was not impressed with the 3-D or the CGI. It was completely over hyped.

Tricky
23-Dec-2009, 08:31 AM
I havent seen Avatar yet so I wont pass judgement on it, but your right about all the former legendary directors letting us down more & more as time goes on. Its pretty bleak for the future as well seen as once cameron, spielberg etc either retire or die of old age, we're going to be left with people like McG & Uwe Boll churning out endless crap & never attempting anything new :(