PDA

View Full Version : James Cameron on TMZ

thxleo
26-Dec-2009, 11:13 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/25/james-cameron-in-major-a-hole-dispute/

ProfessorChaos
27-Dec-2009, 12:10 AM
i can kind of see things from the perspective that he really doesn't owe anyone an autograph, and the dude was a bit pushy and irritating, but mr. cameron did come off like quite the asshole from what i saw in that video clip.

what i'm trying to say is that while he is entitled to his privacy, he could've handled that a bit better.

on a side note, i've still not seen avatar, haven't been impressed or intrigued by anything i've seen or heard about it, and don't think i'm ever going to have the patience or desire to sit though 3 hours of "dances with smurfs".

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2009, 12:31 AM
Well considering the man just got off a plane, and was probably irritated by not only increased security but travel from whereever he came from... it was just the wrong time to approach him most likely. However, i do agree he could have handled it a bit better.

bassman
29-Dec-2009, 04:14 PM
He politely turned down the autograph and the guy kept pestering him about it. Plus he had just gotten off a plane. Leave the guy alone.

His reaction is prefectly normal...

Mike70
29-Dec-2009, 05:09 PM
that guy wanting the autograph IS an asshole. dude, he isn't going to sign the fucking thing, so shut up and walk away. did this guy really think that by pestering cameron about "spending his $15" on a movie is going to change his mind.

what part of NO do some people fail to understand? i don't think cameron handled this badly at all. the autograph hound was pestering the shit out of him.

krakenslayer
29-Dec-2009, 05:24 PM
Yep, some people seem to think famous people OWE them something. You're not doing the director a favour by going to see his movie, you're paying your $15 for an evening's entertainment. The guy was too busy or had other things on his mind and wasn't willing to stop and sign something (which he probably does ad nauseum, most of the time) - let it go. If you work with the public in Burger King or someplace, once you punch out you leave behind all the demands of your customers; Cameron doesn't have that, he can be approached anytime, anywhere for an autograph or a photo, and that's not even his primary job. I would never be barefaced enough to approach a "famous" person in their own personal time (outside of conventions, etc.) and ask them to do stuff for me, never mind give them grief when they (unsurprisingly) turn me down. Especially when the person in question is known for his "attitude".

Sure, if I was in Cameron's shoes I'd probably have just signed the damn thing because I'm too nice a guy and I'll do anything for a quiet life, but I can't really blame the guy for reacting like he did.

bassman
29-Dec-2009, 06:05 PM
Sure, if I was in Cameron's shoes I'd probably have just signed the damn thing because I'm too nice a guy and I'll do anything for a quiet life, but I can't really blame the guy for reacting like he did.

On the other hand, if he did sign this douche's poster then it probably would have started a chain reaction with everyone in the area. Most people probably didn't know who Cameron was just by looking at him, but then if people start swarming around him for autographs, pictures, and video....more people will start wanting the same.

You know...."ohhh...SOMEONE famous". Then Cameron would've had a nightmare on his hands.

After viewing the video again, it's funny how long Cameron has to wait for his ride. Maybe if the guy had waited for the perfect situation(Cameron waiting on the curb), Cameron would have been more willing. At the time of leaving the building Cameron was probably just thinking "get to the car and sit down". If he were standing there waiting and someone asked him he probably would've thought "sure...why not? I'm just standing here waiting on a car"...

Mike70
29-Dec-2009, 06:14 PM
Yep, some people seem to think famous people OWE them something.

TMZ is a site that i avoid like a bad case of rigellian fever. however, i did scan down through the comments posted under that story and to be honest, i'm fucking appalled.

there do seem to be a lot of folks out there who feel that directors/actors, etc. owe them something. well, they don't. period. what this fan does is harassment, pure and simple. cameron told him no, the guy decided to act the drama queen and begin berating him about the $15 he spent.

the guy with a poster needs to get a fucking life, big time and stop following other adults around in public places trying to get them to sign stuff. sorry, autograph hounds creep me out.

bassman
29-Dec-2009, 06:25 PM
I was just reading about this video on another forum and someone brought up an excellent point (http://jhnmyr.tumblr.com/post/301897957/the-anatomy-of-a-smear-how-the-reigning-king-of) that I can't believe didn't occur to me - this "fan" is just a paparazzi looking for a story.

Why would he be waiting at the right terminal at the right time with a POSTER? Someone might get lucky with a cd or magazine or something in their bag, but a poster??? He was tipped off and the TMZ crew is with him. Then the way the guy turns on Cameron, his supposed hero and idol, and starts telling him how the movie is NOT good.

This was an obvious set up. Can't believe I missed it.

It's just TMZ and the like being the normal miserable assholes that they are. We should take all members of TMZ and all telemarketers and throw them off the hover dam...

Mike70
29-Dec-2009, 06:48 PM
I was just reading about this video on another forum and someone brought up an excellent point (http://jhnmyr.tumblr.com/post/301897957/the-anatomy-of-a-smear-how-the-reigning-king-of) that I can't believe didn't occur to me - this "fan" is just a paparazzi looking for a story.

Why would he be waiting at the right terminal at the right time with a POSTER? Someone might get lucky with a cd or magazine or something in their bag, but a poster??? He was tipped off and the TMZ crew is with him. Then the way the guy turns on Cameron, his supposed hero and idol, and starts telling him how the movie is NOT good.

This was an obvious set up. Can't believe I missed it.

It's just TMZ and the like being the normal miserable assholes that they are. We should take all members of TMZ and all telemarketers and throw them off the hover dam...

i'm not at all familiar with TMZ but given the nature of "celebrity news sites", i think this theory holds a lot of water.