PDA

View Full Version : Should I go see this?

jded
28-Dec-2009, 01:49 AM
Thought about going tonight to see The Fourth Kind at the dollar theatre. It starts in about an hour and a half. Is it worth seeing? I figured I got this forum and you all would not steer me wrong. So if you've had the chance to watch this I'd like to know if it's decent or a waste of time.

JDFP
31-Dec-2009, 01:06 PM
Did you go see it? Was it any good?

It's in my Netflix queue (along with 240 other movies that are 'saved' future releases that haven't come out yet).

j.p.

jded
01-Jan-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes I did. I was not sure if the word of the film being laced with real documentary footage was true or not, so I asked around here first. The trailer is either very good at convincing you of this by fueling your curiosity, or the interjections of patient footage are the real deal.

I did have to question the film in the end because of a couple of lingering issues.

1. There is a disclaimer at the beginning which states that reported cases of phenomena and abduction in Alaska have been made over the course of many years and that numerous visits to Nome by the FBI have taken place.

QUESTION: Why, if it is true, do you not just flat out say "The related videotaped scenes added to the film are not a reenactment but actual events?" Does it have to do with it being secretive and the FBI will deny it?

2. Each and every time one of the patient scenes begins to reveal all that is happening to the individual, the picture fuzzes and becomes indistinguishable.

QUESTION: Are there legal ramifications surrounding the participants that limits the amount or involvement, such as a too revealing moment that puts them in a precarious situation?

It has genuine moments of suspense and tension aside from the complaints, so if for the pure enjoyment of a good scare and the questionable afterthoughts your left with to debate among friends, it is good enough.

Purge
03-Jan-2010, 12:07 AM
Saw it when it was in theaters. Long, boring, and predictable.