View Full Version : "I Am Zombie Man 3" - remember that?

MinionZombie
28-Dec-2009, 06:27 PM
Today I filmed it.

:)

bassman
28-Dec-2009, 06:30 PM
oooohhh goodie. I look forward to it!:)

By the way....which mask did you ultimately decide on? Or do we have to wait until you release the short?

capncnut
28-Dec-2009, 06:42 PM
More bone ash snortiness! :thumbsup:

AcesandEights
28-Dec-2009, 07:05 PM
!!!*

* = Do I really need words to express the excitement?

MinionZombie
28-Dec-2009, 07:19 PM
oooohhh goodie. I look forward to it!:)

By the way....which mask did you ultimately decide on? Or do we have to wait until you release the short?

http://www.nightmarefactory.com/TA311.jpg
That y'in...:cool:

I think it's gonna work nicely.

More bone ash snortiness! :thumbsup:

There's one particular shot/sequence I think you're gonna love. :D

!!!*

* = Do I really need words to express the excitement?

*rubs hands* Lovely jubbly ... this further lights my fire to get cracking with the editing.

Deej and LouCipherr have seen the script itself, but I actually added in a couple more gags to that, so while they know more than most, they don't know everything about it, hehe. :sneaky:

As for filming, bloody nora, talk about non-stop run & gun. I had one day in which to get everything, so I had it all planned up the wazoo. We had one five minute break, and just utterly barged it the rest of the time ... I think it'll come out nicely though.

Good lord it feels good to finally have it on tape ready to go.

Kind of the perfect storm in a way. One day to get it all, his housemates were out of the way, and it was good weather (despite morning frost & fog as I trundled my way through unfamiliar roads to get to Knox's gaff), and apparently tomorrow and the next day we're getting drenched in snow.

I also think that IAZM3 2009/10 will be a better short than what IAZM3 2006/7 would have been. I really hope all you folks enjoy it. It's been that one project that's just been hanging over my head like a grand piano or something ... if you've listened to the WNWR podcasts you'll know about Gary and Brian's constant pestering, lol. :D

Anyway ... I'm knackered ... must try and drag myself away from t'intarwebz.

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2009, 08:01 PM
Would I be out of line if I said....

IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME! :p

Just kidding, MZ - I'm stoked you've got it filmed. I had no worries that you wouldn't, 'cause I figured sooner or later you'd get tired of Dj's and my crap and just say "ok, enough already, I'll do it!" :D

So you added some extra gags to the flick, eh? Combined with the ones I know are already in there, I'm quite excited. Sounds like it's going to be another barrel of laughs.

I guess now Dj and I have to come up with a good score/theme for ZM, eh? Hmmm....

Oh, and btw: why are you wasting your time reading this? go edit that thing! :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Dec-2009, 08:42 PM
Has hell frozen over????

I think it has. :D

MinionZombie
29-Dec-2009, 09:44 AM
I guess now Dj and I have to come up with a good score/theme for ZM, eh? Hmmm....

Oh, and btw: why are you wasting your time reading this? go edit that thing! :lol:

1) You bet your sweet bippy. :D
2) Here we go, edit pestering ... I remember the same thing happened with IAZM2, lol.

Has hell frozen over????

I think it has. :D

ha! Well it was certainly chilly yesterday, and sure enough today - while not the forecast snow (unsurprisingly, the weather is never forecast correctly) - it's pissing it down with rain.

And to think I was originally gonna shoot it today. Thankfully Knox suggested yesterday as his housemates would be out. See what I mean about perfect storm? It all slid into place. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
29-Dec-2009, 10:07 AM

Ok The shootings done... time to edit man. I used to come home from 12-14 hour shoots and start capturing and editing the same day/night. Lets go MZ Move it movie it move it.

MinionZombie
29-Dec-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok The shootings done... time to edit man. I used to come home from 12-14 hour shoots and start capturing and editing the same day/night. Lets go MZ Move it movie it move it.

What is this? A Police Academy movie? :D

I'm the sort of chap that needs to savour things a little bit, a change gears in the old noggin' type of fella.

And anyway, good things come to those who wait ... even if I am two years behind schedule. :o

LouCipherr
29-Dec-2009, 12:05 PM
What is this? A Police Academy movie? :D

"C'mon dirtbags, lets move it! move it! move it!" :lol:

...and yes Dj, hell hath frozen over - but don't get too excited 'cause it will thaw eventually. :p

Two years behind schedule isn't that bad, could've been worse. Besides, we needed the gap between 2 & 3 as the decomposition of ZM's skull took a bit longer than expected.

Sometimes, a coovan bone-ash snorting zombie needs his alone time. :D

LC

MinionZombie
29-Dec-2009, 12:27 PM
"C'mon dirtbags, lets move it! move it! move it!" :lol:

...and yes Dj, hell hath frozen over - but don't get too excited 'cause it will thaw eventually. :p

Two years behind schedule isn't that bad, could've been worse. Besides, we needed the gap between 2 & 3 as the decomposition of ZM's skull took a bit longer than expected.

Sometimes, a coovan bone-ash snorting zombie needs his alone time. :D

LC
Bloody nora, not one but two new posts by LouCipherr! :sneaky:

Perhaps I'll go and upload that footage now ... either that or figure out this new Kodak Zi8 that I got on Xmas Day, but haven't had the time to get out of the box properly since, what with all this IAZM3 prepping and shooting these last three days. :D

LouCipherr
29-Dec-2009, 12:46 PM
Perhaps I'll go and upload that footage now ... either that or figure out this new Kodak Zi8 that I got on Xmas Day, but haven't had the time to get out of the box properly since, what with all this IAZM3 prepping and shooting these last three days. :D

*taps foot imaptiently*

:p

DjfunkmasterG
29-Dec-2009, 12:51 PM
Bloody nora, not one but two new posts by LouCipherr! :sneaky:

YEP, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

THe Kodak can wait... ZM needs to be unleashed

krakenslayer
29-Dec-2009, 01:34 PM
Today I filmed it.

Shit man, I really need to check these movies out. First one is on the Deadlands 2 DVD, no? That would be two birds with one stone, if it was... :D

DjfunkmasterG
29-Dec-2009, 01:46 PM
Shit man, I really need to check these movies out. First one is on the Deadlands 2 DVD, no? That would be two birds with one stone, if it was... :D

The first one is on the Deadlands 1 DVD, the second wasn't released on the Deadlands 2 DVD, but since a Blu-Ray of Deadlands 2 seems to be inevitable, maybe I will get Nick to re-render it out and send it to me for inclusion on the Blu_Ray version.

capncnut
29-Dec-2009, 02:34 PM
Shit man, I really need to check these movies out.
Here you go, MZ's YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieWagon).

LouCipherr
29-Dec-2009, 04:24 PM
The Kodak can wait... ZM needs to be unleashed

What he said. :p

MinionZombie
29-Dec-2009, 07:35 PM
What he said. :p
:elol:

Actually, nevermind the pestering, I'm loving the power I can wield over you guys now. :elol::elol::elol:

Never fear, I got a bee up my bonnet, and I zipped off and uploaded the lot - a few raw footage teaser screen captures coming shortly, folks.

Now to begin to the process of chuntering through the lot.

Now if you don't mind, I've just guzzled two mince pies and a load of ice cream after a lovely mince, pasta and spicy sausage main meal ... and, well ... you know. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

The first one is on the Deadlands 1 DVD, the second wasn't released on the Deadlands 2 DVD, but since a Blu-Ray of Deadlands 2 seems to be inevitable, maybe I will get Nick to re-render it out and send it to me for inclusion on the Blu_Ray version.

The only problem being I don't have the original files or saves to hand, so the existing MPEG-2 render on the master DVD is as good as it'll get.

I will ask you how I can render out the best-looking MPEG-2 for IAZM3 though, Deej. :)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

As promised, in the following blog post are some screenshots from the unedited raw footage, which I was busy uploading and logging today. :cool:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-am-zombie-man-3-its-finally-been-shot.html

LouCipherr
30-Dec-2009, 12:11 PM
Actually, nevermind the pestering, I'm loving the power I can wield over you guys now. :elol::elol::elol:

Yeah, well, it's all fun and games until we all show up at your front door demanding the raw footage for ourselves. :p :D

DjfunkmasterG
30-Dec-2009, 12:12 PM
and I just got my new passport too. :p

LouCipherr
30-Dec-2009, 01:52 PM
and I just got my new passport too. :p

Perfect, did you schedule the flight yet? :elol:

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2009, 04:21 PM
Perfect, did you schedule the flight yet? :elol:
And so begins a globe trotting game of cat & mouse, James Bond style.

It's a good thing I got off my arse a while back and updated my passport. :D

LouCipherr
30-Dec-2009, 07:09 PM
The question now is, can you edit while you're on the run? :D

DjfunkmasterG
30-Dec-2009, 11:55 PM
I think Nick can give us a rough cut by January 31st, that is his dead line with the final release set for March 31st.

I mean ZM has to go out on a high note so everything should look, and sound good. No phoning this job in, it has to be OSCAR worthy.

MinionZombie
31-Dec-2009, 10:00 AM
I think Nick can give us a rough cut by January 31st, that is his dead line with the final release set for March 31st.

I mean ZM has to go out on a high note so everything should look, and sound good. No phoning this job in, it has to be OSCAR worthy.
:lol:

March 31st?! I'm quicker than that. :D

January is definitely gonna be the month of Zombie Man for me, and I'll see how the progress goes. But as I'm aiming for a 10 minute film, it's impossible to spend weeks upon weeks editing a 10 minute film from 55 minutes of raw footage. :)

What will extend things though is editing together all the out-takes type stuff into a semi-behind-the-scenes type video after IAZM3 has been put together.

Anyway - I'll naturally update y'all when things are moving. Didn't start yesterday as I was too busy wrestling with an iPod and watching Quantum of Solace, and today's New Year's Eve, and tomorrow's New Year's Day, so...:D

DjfunkmasterG
31-Dec-2009, 11:30 AM

March 31st?! I'm quicker than that. :D

January is definitely gonna be the month of Zombie Man for me, and I'll see how the progress goes. But as I'm aiming for a 10 minute film, it's impossible to spend weeks upon weeks editing a 10 minute film from 55 minutes of raw footage. :)

What will extend things though is editing together all the out-takes type stuff into a semi-behind-the-scenes type video after IAZM3 has been put together.

Anyway - I'll naturally update y'all when things are moving. Didn't start yesterday as I was too busy wrestling with an iPod and watching Quantum of Solace, and today's New Year's Eve, and tomorrow's New Year's Day, so...:D

You have to give us time to score it.... Can't rush the music creativity.

LouCipherr
31-Dec-2009, 06:07 PM
That's right - like a fine wine, these things take time.

Hey, i'm a poet and didn't even... meh, nevermind. :p

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jan-2010, 12:27 PM
Good beer takes time to make, as does a good batch of Vitamin V

MinionZombie
11-Jan-2010, 06:55 PM
A couple of blog updates on the edit (with screen shots), for those that haven't swung by my blog recently:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2010/01/iazm3-editing-is-underway.html

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2010/01/more-update-sauce.html

LouCipherr
12-Jan-2010, 12:44 PM
AWESOME! :hyper:

Y'know MZ, that one pic you posted on your blog with ZM and all the colors around him - he looks like he's on a bad acid trip or something.

I can see ZM is 'indulging' again. Guess he didn't learn from the first bender he went on. :lol:

MinionZombie
12-Jan-2010, 04:44 PM
Good news folks. The pre-score edit of IAZM3 is done! I had a right old session this afternoon (and indeed late last night when I intended to "just do a little bit", but ended up going far longer than I'd planned) and got it cracked out - indeed I even figured out how to use this "masking" business for one shot. :) I was determined to use masking for one of the shots, and I did (yay me, mini victory!), and I was royally determined to get this film in at 10 minutes - and I sodding well did that too - 9 minutes 58 seconds. :D

Lou, Deej, keep an eye out for a link that'll be winging its way to you shortly for your scoring purposes. :cool:

LouCipherr
12-Jan-2010, 05:21 PM
*furiously rubs hands together and begins to drool uncontrollably*

It's DONE?! Holy batshit, batman! :lol: I didn't think you'd have it cranked out yet! GO MZ! :D

I impatiently await linkage so the Dj-meister and I can get to work on scoring..

MinionZombie
12-Jan-2010, 05:40 PM
*furiously rubs hands together and begins to drool uncontrollably*

It's DONE?! Holy batshit, batman! :lol: I didn't think you'd have it cranked out yet! GO MZ! :D

I impatiently await linkage so the Dj-meister and I can get to work on scoring..

I read that as "furiously rubs one out" initially, haha ... eww. :p

Aye, as I was saying a while ago it was going to take as long as it took, but equally as it was going to be a 10 minute long film, it's impossible to take ages to edit 10 minutes, you know?

Plus I've been on a right old roll of late, so I seized the wind blowing in my sails and barged forth. Next up I'm going to edit together a cobbled together gag reel/behind the scenes/whatever type video that'll go up on YouTube along with the film.

LouCipherr
13-Jan-2010, 03:53 PM
Eeeewwww, MZ! That's just wrong. :lol:

Well, sometimes you struggle and fight to get things right and sometimes they flow out of you like a fast-moving river - when you come upon those moments, it's best to grab 'em and hang on for your dear life 'cause you're going for a ride!

Not sure how editing goes as I don't do enough of it myself, but when it comes to composing music, usually the best material is the stuff that comes to you instantly and just "pops out" for lack of a better term. When you slave over a piece of music, usually it doesn't come out as good as you want. Seems like you were on a roll and went for it. I can say the end result (minus the music since it's not done) is awesome. :)

Folks, after reviewing the music-less edit that MZ sent us for scoring (Hmmm, just realized - "MZ"? "ZM"? one in the same? *scratches chin to ponder the idea*) I can tell you, ZM is not in good shape physically, but he's still sharp mentally, like Jason Vorhees' machete! This is gonna be a good one.

I can't wait to see the gag reel. :D

...and on that note, I'll shut up before I give too much away. ;)

LouCipherr
02-Feb-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone, figured I'd pop in and give an update on where things are at on the music/scoring side of the flick since MZ has been done the filming for a few weeks (yeah, we're holding him up. :lol:).

DJ and I have the majority of the music complete for the film. I'm working on the last piece of "full rock band" type of music, and when that is complete, Dj and I have to collaborate on 3 more pieces and we should be done.

MZ has been very patient with the scheduling FUBARs here on our side of things (thanks MZ, and sorry for the delays), but I assure everyone, this'll be the best score yet for a ZM flick. We're gonna send him off in style!

A few more weeks and we'll be complete. Then get ready for the inevitable return (and decomposition) of our favorite Zombie Man. :D

AcesandEights
02-Feb-2010, 04:48 PM
Good to hear!

Thanks for the update, Lou.

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2010, 05:46 PM
One of the first completed tracks done is one for a montage sequence - and man, I love it, it kicks arse.

I've also been hearing early renditions and such of other tracks, and likewise the music is gonna punch a lot of bottom. :cool::thumbsup:

LouCipherr
03-Feb-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the 'montage' scene came out so good, I couldn't be more pleased! We were trying to recreate a certain popular movie soundtrack song that already exists, but, in order to keep the copyright people at bay, we had to switch the song around so it's different, but enough like the original that you instantly recognize what it is. Talk about walking a fine line! I think we managed pretty well, and in context with the scene, it's flat-out hilarious.

It's a heck of an interesting project. The score is going to have everything from synth-based music to full on, kick you in the balls rock/metal type of tunes. It's pretty eclectic, but completely appropriate based on the scenes MZ shot.

It's been some serious fun working on this. The worst part about it though is MZ finished the filming right around the time that both mine and Dj's personal schedules went completely haywire. :lol:

That's ok though, just like Jell-O, there's always room for Zombie Man. :D

Oh, if anyone wants to hear a 'sneak peek' at some of the stuff we've been recording for this, we played a couple songs from the recording sessions on our latest Wet 'N Wild Radio Podcast, which you can listen to here: http://www.wetnwildradio.com/ ;)

LouCipherr
22-Feb-2010, 01:53 PM
Quick update:

Dj & I got together again this weekend and recorded more music for TIDOZM. We're almost done. We recorded 2 tracks on Saturday, and over the next week I'm going to be finalizing everything we've put together for this project.

If all goes right, by early next week MZ will have everything he needs score-wise to complete the film.

We were derailed a few weeks ago thanks to "Snowmageddon" here in the states where Dj and I live (we were dumped on by 40+ inches of snow within 3 days! A record-setting, unheard of amount of snow for our area) so that put things off track for a week or so, but we're back to working on it and hopefully Zombie Man will be eating your flesh in the very near future. ;)

LC

MinionZombie
22-Feb-2010, 06:03 PM
Indeed ... there'll probably be some working out to do on the closing track (as I mentioned in an email to you just now, Lou), but aye - it's all coming together.

I was doing some more work on the film last night, replacing a couple of lines of dialogue and slotting in the musical tracks that have been completed so far (four of them, and they're kick ass).

At this point we just need to finish off the music (Deej and Lou spinning their magic ... and me placing it on the timeline :D), and tweak the colouring a bit. So we're close, real close folks. :cool:

I should hope to be unveiling IAZM3 - or rather "TIDOZM" - very soon.

LouCipherr
24-Feb-2010, 07:22 PM
UPDATE - 02/24/10

Welp folks, we're one song and one sound effect away from the completion of the score for The Inevitable Decomposition of Zombie Man! I just got approval on the last track from MZ and have some mixing to do on it. Once that is done and this sound effect (actually, it's a 'sting' of sorts) is complete, MZ can go about doing his thing to put it all together in one nice neat little package.

The last song is actually still in what I call the "demo stage" but all the basic tracks are complete and just needs a few sound effects and a good mix. That should be completed and sent to MZ this weekend.

If all goes right, it looks possible that TIDOZM might just see a February release!

I have to admit, this was a tough one to score, since MZ had very particular ideas of what kind of song/mood was needed for each scene, but let me tell you, it was worth the struggle. The end result is quite exciting and I feel is an excellent 'send off' for Zombie Man.

I think we did his rotting face (skull?) proud. :D

MinionZombie
24-Feb-2010, 07:36 PM
UPDATE - 02/24/10

Welp folks, we're one song and one sound effect away from the completion of the score for The Inevitable Decomposition of Zombie Man! I just got approval on the last track from MZ and have some mixing to do on it. Once that is done and this sound effect (actually, it's a 'sting' of sorts) is complete, MZ can go about doing his thing to put it all together in one nice neat little package.

The last song is actually still in what I call the "demo stage" but all the basic tracks are complete and just needs a few sound effects and a good mix. That should be completed and sent to MZ this weekend.

If all goes right, it looks possible that TIDOZM might just see a February release!

I have to admit, this was a tough one to score, since MZ had very particular ideas of what kind of song/mood was needed for each scene, but let me tell you, it was worth the struggle. The end result is quite exciting and I feel is an excellent 'send off' for Zombie Man.

I think we did his rotting face (skull?) proud. :D

You can even see how close we are right here in the attached screen grab from the edit. Those three gaps in Track #6 - those need filling, and then some gamma correction ... and then the matter of rendering & uploading to YouTube and it'll be done.

So Zombie Man fans won't have to wait much longer. :)

LouCipherr
24-Feb-2010, 08:47 PM
MZ - Just curious, are you going to upload a HD version onto YouTube too?

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2010, 09:59 AM
MZ - Just curious, are you going to upload a HD version onto YouTube too?
Err, just how I usually do it, Lou (like with "Skinner") - which allows you to watch it in "HQ" rather than "HD".

Otherwise it'd take like 38 years to upload the fucker on my slow-ass connection ... I've been meaning to ask Dj for his tips on settings for rendering out the best looking MPEG-2 I could do though, for my records and the master DVD copies like.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Feb-2010, 11:15 AM
For You Tube....

I use 1280x720 HD WMV. This way you get the HD setting.

Goto Render
Choose WMV
Choose 3mbps
Resolution: 1280x720
Soiund: VBR 25

Then save and boom. Since You Tube allows upto 1gb of file size now it makes it easier to upload nice looking files in HD resolution.

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 12:33 PM
What he said. :D

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2010, 05:51 PM
For You Tube....

I use 1280x720 HD WMV. This way you get the HD setting.

Goto Render
Choose WMV
Choose 3mbps
Resolution: 1280x720
Soiund: VBR 25

Then save and boom. Since You Tube allows upto 1gb of file size now it makes it easier to upload nice looking files in HD resolution.

What he said. :D

Thanks for that tip ... annoyingly though my broadband connection is so goddamned slow (relatively speaking) that the upload speed is too slow for really big files, so such a file would take like 24 hours to upload or something silly.

I'll stick with my usual MPEG-2 render for YouTube, which is pretty darn good quality for 'teh intarwebz'.

That said - Deej - do you have tips for settings to render out:

1) A really spiffing quality SD MPEG-2.
2) An MPEG-2 that would qualify for "HD" use.
(For DVD use).

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 07:15 PM
For DVD use? Does that mean I'll finally get my hands on a "Zombie Man" box set?!?! *drools*

:D

DjfunkmasterG
25-Feb-2010, 08:25 PM
YEAH!... WTF Where is the DVD BOXSET? Why ain't it on HD DVD?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Thanks for that tip ... annoyingly though my broadband connection is so goddamned slow (relatively speaking) that the upload speed is too slow for really big files, so such a file would take like 24 hours to upload or something silly.

I'll stick with my usual MPEG-2 render for YouTube, which is pretty darn good quality for 'teh intarwebz'.

That said - Deej - do you have tips for settings to render out:

1) A really spiffing quality SD MPEG-2.
2) An MPEG-2 that would qualify for "HD" use.
(For DVD use).

The resolution needs to be a min of 1280x720.... Hence why I said WMV it is a smaller file size.

MinionZombie
26-Feb-2010, 10:27 AM
For DVD use? Does that mean I'll finally get my hands on a "Zombie Man" box set?!?! *drools*

:D

YEAH!... WTF Where is the DVD BOXSET? Why ain't it on HD DVD?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

The resolution needs to be a min of 1280x720.... Hence why I said WMV it is a smaller file size.

Yeah but you can't put WMVs onto a DVD disc you'd play in a DVD player though.

DVDs will be for those that worked on the film, it's what I usually do as a "cheers mate" to those that helped out, plus I keep master copies and such like.

I usually cram other stuff onto each and every DVD of a new short I've made for multiple copies of the films, so I'll no doubt be able to squeeze the other two onto the same disc, hehe.

Perhaps I will do that simple re-cut of IAZM2 for the DVD master...

DjfunkmasterG
26-Feb-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah but you can't put WMVs onto a DVD disc you'd play in a DVD player though.

DVDs will be for those that worked on the film, it's what I usually do as a "cheers mate" to those that helped out, plus I keep master copies and such like.

I usually cram other stuff onto each and every DVD of a new short I've made for multiple copies of the films, so I'll no doubt be able to squeeze the other two onto the same disc, hehe.

Perhaps I will do that simple re-cut of IAZM2 for the DVD master...

Actually you do two renders.... 1 for You Tube (wmv) then MPEG for DVD

LouCipherr
26-Feb-2010, 12:20 PM
BOX SET! BOX SET! BOX SET! :lol:

Put it in a coffin-shaped box and on top of the coffin, ZM's decayed mask (from the most recent film) mask laying on it.

Man, I wish I had the photoshop skills to sketch that up, that would look awesome & hilarious. :D

MinionZombie
26-Feb-2010, 05:28 PM
BOX SET! BOX SET! BOX SET! :lol:

Put it in a coffin-shaped box and on top of the coffin, ZM's decayed mask (from the most recent film) mask laying on it.

Man, I wish I had the photoshop skills to sketch that up, that would look awesome & hilarious. :D

I'm far too lazy for that, lol. :D

MinionZombie
28-Feb-2010, 08:25 PM
UPDATE!

The edit is complete, and I'll hopefully upload it to YouTube sometime tomorrow. Might take a while on my connection (310mb MPEG-2, dialled down a smidge from my usual MPEG-2 render preset that put out a 375mb file) ... but aye folks - really soon now. :cool:

Thanks for your continued patience as well. It's now 3 years since I put IAZM2 online, and more than 2 years since I was originally going to shoot IAZM3, hehe.

LouCipherr
01-Mar-2010, 12:09 PM
Good things come to those who wait, I always say..

The film and the score turned out fantastic - check it out when MZ gets it uploaded, you won't be disappointed. :D

MinionZombie
01-Mar-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm uploading it now ... but fuck me it's taking ages!

I blame the government personally. If they hadn't wasted £12.5 billion of borrowed money on the useless (and temporary) VAT cut, and had instead spent it on a permanent fibre optic broadband network for the nation, I'd have been sorted.

Well, okay, maybe not at this juncture, but it would have given us something.

Oh and I blame our ISP for not bothering to invest in the infrastructure, so the service has just been getting slower and slower for months now, not that changing ISP would do us any good out in the sticks.

*rant over*

4 1/2 hours of uploading and counting... (all because I've drifted into peak time, so you can also blame a bunch of school kids downloading porn and MSN'ing each other for making it take so long to upload :elol:).

MinionZombie
01-Mar-2010, 10:12 PM
FUCK THIS.

After EIGHT FUCKING HOURS of getting NOWHERE, I've cancelled the upload and I'll try it again tomorrow long before "peak hours" get going.

Seriously. This is beyond stupid. Government & ISPs - get your act together!

In this day and age uploading 310mb of video to YouTube should be piss easy, not this much fucking hassle! :mad::mad::mad:

An annoying day, much? You betcha ... :dead::mad::eek:

*sigh*

I'll try again tomorrow, and HOPEFULLY I'll fucking get somewhere! :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
01-Mar-2010, 10:57 PM
MZ... Render out a 1280x720 WMV it will be like 110mb if that and will be as good quality as your MPEG 2. Upload that too You Tube and save the MPEG 2 for the DVD

LouCipherr
02-Mar-2010, 02:14 AM
...aaaaand the meltdown ensues...

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2010, 08:48 AM
Lots of people having the same problem as me on YouTube, apparently it's a firewall/anti-virus issue with the current (apparently "new") uploader. :rolleyes:

I mean wtf is it with these people?! IF IT WORKS ... FUCKING LEAVE IT ALONE!

*UPDATE*

Seems to be uploading at the moment. I change one tiny unimportant setting on one piece of software, and then it works ... I mean wtf?

Anyway, point being it's got another 73 minutes of uploading to do ... keep your fingers crossed my connection doesn't get severed randomly or anything equally stupid.

LouCipherr
02-Mar-2010, 12:10 PM
*fingers crossed*

Hope it goes through this time, if only for your sanity's sake, MZ.. :lol:

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2010, 01:17 PM
*fingers crossed*

Hope it goes through this time, if only for your sanity's sake, MZ.. :lol:

I was so fucked off with YouTube last night that I just barged upstairs and did a whole bunch of reps on my weights, push-ups and sit-ups until I felt sick, just to put the aggro to good use. :p

3 hours it took to upload the 310mb MPEG-2.

I tried rendering out a HD WMV of the Out-Takes reel just to try it (an MPEG-2 was rendered out weeks ago), but both times I tried it Vegas crapped out within 2 seconds of the same point in the video ... weird ... so I gave up on that.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

"The Inevitable Decomposition of Zombie Man" is now online!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45h8eDda-M

Follow the link to view the film on YouTube (in either 360 or 480p). :)

I'd like to hear what you liked about the film, as being the one who put it all together I have seen the film in such repeated detail any constructive criticism comments will have already been spotted during the edit ... what is much harder to guage as the filmmaker, is what your viewers like about the film, and moreover what they found funny about it.

So it would be very helpful if you could let me know what you liked and found funny, as well as your general comments in response to the film. :)

DjfunkmasterG
02-Mar-2010, 05:17 PM
Finally nice to see the finished film with all sound, music and FX

LouCipherr
10-Mar-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, whoever did the score for that film was awesome! :lol: :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist :p)

DjfunkmasterG
12-Mar-2010, 12:44 PM
Thank You... I know I am awesome, and my partner in crime, LouCIpherr is awesome too. :p

Wahsleety
14-Mar-2010, 01:56 AM
Very nicely done! Some wonderful shots, well written, good score. Enjoyable little satire you got here, way to go guys.

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2010, 11:32 AM
Very nicely done! Some wonderful shots, well written, good score. Enjoyable little satire you got here, way to go guys.
Thanks for the kind words Wahsleety, glad you enjoyed it! :)

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2010, 10:12 AM
Out-Takes Reel now online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKjtb88XCo

LouCipherr
14-Apr-2010, 03:25 PM
Out-Takes Reel now online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKjtb88XCo

Awesome, will check out ASAP. Thanks MZ! :D

MinionZombie
04-Dec-2010, 11:27 AM
Here's a Q&A I did recently centering around TIDOZM:

http://www.step2collabo.tv/profiles/blogs/new-talent-interview-nick

LouCipherr
06-Dec-2010, 05:46 PM
Very cool Q&A there, MZ. Glad someone else noticed the awesomeness that is Zombie Man! :elol:

TIDOZM, FTW!

MinionZombie
07-Dec-2010, 08:50 AM
Very cool Q&A there, MZ. Glad someone else noticed the awesomeness that is Zombie Man! :elol:

TIDOZM, FTW!

*two thumbs fresh* :thumbsup:

LouCipherr
07-Dec-2010, 07:11 PM
MZ -I know you said TIDOZM was the "final chaper" of ZM, but it seems as though almost every movie we watched as kids that was considered a "final chapter" ended up being remade, continued on with more sequels, etc.

So, does that mean some 5-10 years down the road, we might get a remake (or as some nuts like to call it, a "reimagining") or another sequel of ZM? :elol: Don't say he's gone for good, I don't think my heart could carry that heavy load. Perhaps at least some cameos or something? *snicker*

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm a never say never kinda guy, I like to think so at least, so if someone gave me a bundle of money and said "make an awesome fourth one" or "make an awesome remake" then perhaps I would. :D

BillyRay
08-Dec-2010, 02:08 PM
Ok, here's the theoretical situation...

Major studio backs a dump truck full of money to your front door.

They'll sponsor a big-budget version of "I Am Zombie Man", but only if:

A) Zombie Man is a Runner,

& B) played by Wil Smith.

What do you do, Min?

WHAT DO YOU DO.....?

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm a never say never kinda guy, I like to think so at least, so if someone gave me a bundle of money and said "make an awesome fourth one" or "make an awesome remake" then perhaps I would. :D

Awesome! There is hope.... *counts pennis in pocket, realizes it's not enough and sulks out of the room*

What do you do, Min?

WHAT DO YOU DO.....?

You run as fast as you can in the other direction while screaming "FUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUURRRRRRR RRRRRUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNEEEERRRRRSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"

BillyRay
08-Dec-2010, 02:31 PM
*counts pennis in pocket, realizes it's not enough*

that's what she said!

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 02:37 PM
that's what she said!

I was wondering if anyone would catch that.. :lol: I saw the misspelling, but thought "fuck it, some nutbag will see it and point it out." I wasn't far off.. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

BillyRay
08-Dec-2010, 03:36 PM
Normally I consider "That's What She Said" to be the worst sort of lazy attempt at humor,

But you left your pennis out there for all to see, Lou...

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 03:43 PM
Hey man, what can I say? I have quite the pennis. :lol: :D

BillyRay
08-Dec-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey man, what can I say? I have quite the pennis. :lol: :D

Well, small change, anyhow...:D

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 04:38 PM
Well, small change, anyhow...:D

:(

Damn. Slammed by the puppet master. :lol: :D

BillyRay
08-Dec-2010, 04:47 PM
:(

Damn. Slammed by the puppet master. :lol: :D

Do you feel my hand up your behind, Lou? :evil:

LouCipherr
08-Dec-2010, 05:06 PM
Do you feel my hand up your behind, Lou? :evil:

Dammit, I thought that was my 'roids acting up. Guess not.

:lol: :D

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2010, 06:23 PM

What do you do, Min?

WHAT DO YOU DO.....?

You run as fast as you can in the other direction while screaming "FUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUURRRRRRR RRRRRUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNEEEERRRRRSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"

Either that or I sell out, take the money, run, and jam my goddamned foot in the door of this fucking impossible-to-get-into industry. :elol:

Frankly though, I'd point to TWD and say "see motherfuckers, shamblers for the win!" :cool:

LouCipherr
09-Dec-2010, 01:24 PM
Either that or I sell out, take the money, run, and jam my goddamned foot in the door of this fucking impossible-to-get-into industry. :elol:

Frankly though, I'd point to TWD and say "see motherfuckers, shamblers for the win!" :cool:

Touche', MZ.. :D

DjfunkmasterG
30-Dec-2010, 12:04 AM

MZ you won't need to JAM your foot in the door, and fuck getting into the industry. We're Mavericks, and we have to do the Maverick way, even if that means sucking dick in some dark alley for $30,000,000 in CGI. :lol: Oh wait that was James Cameron sucking Michael Bay off to finish Avatar.

Anyway, Nick I know you'll make it... I will make sure of it.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Here is some fucking irony for ya, this thread is one year old today. :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Oh yeah... there were some running zombies in TWD. Just thought I would point that out... to keep making sure my undead running brethern get their props.

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2010, 10:31 AM
1) Any 'running' zombies in TWD weren't running, but jogging-a-bit-too-much ... the official party line for TWD is the "Hinzman Hobble". :D

2) Aye, one year and two days ago we shot TIDOZM, and fuck me shambling it was exhausting, lol. 4 hours from start-to-finish to film the entire thing (aside from a handful of stock shots from my back catalogue of footage).

Speaking of all things zombie - I'm hoping to find an 2D computer animator (reliable, talented and willing to work just for the credit and showcase opportunities) - to animate a re-written short script version of "The End", my zombie mini-epic. I know Gary has read the short version that I wrote two or three years back, but I've re-written it, taking in stuff from a feature length version I wrote a couple of years ago.

The idea being that it'd be a showcase for me as writer/director, and be a showcase for whoever animates it for their talent in their chosen field. Spread it around the internet virally and try and get some recognition from it. Plus it'd be an easier way to get something with a MASSIVE SCALE done at my current level - all thanks to the power of drawing - that's the idea anyway. I figure with the success of TWD, it'd be an ideal time to utilise the bandwagon effect to help it along, like.

Don't suppose you know of any such people? I haven't started looking yet, as I'm still polishing the script, but it'd be a 10-to-15 minute animated zombie mini-epic short.

DjfunkmasterG
30-Dec-2010, 12:46 PM
1) Any 'running' zombies in TWD weren't running, but jogging-a-bit-too-much ... the official party line for TWD is the "Hinzman Hobble". :D

2) Aye, one year and two days ago we shot TIDOZM, and fuck me shambling it was exhausting, lol. 4 hours from start-to-finish to film the entire thing (aside from a handful of stock shots from my back catalogue of footage).

Speaking of all things zombie - I'm hoping to find an 2D computer animator (reliable, talented and willing to work just for the credit and showcase opportunities) - to animate a re-written short script version of "The End", my zombie mini-epic. I know Gary has read the short version that I wrote two or three years back, but I've re-written it, taking in stuff from a feature length version I wrote a couple of years ago.

The idea being that it'd be a showcase for me as writer/director, and be a showcase for whoever animates it for their talent in their chosen field. Spread it around the internet virally and try and get some recognition from it. Plus it'd be an easier way to get something with a MASSIVE SCALE done at my current level - all thanks to the power of drawing - that's the idea anyway. I figure with the success of TWD, it'd be an ideal time to utilise the bandwagon effect to help it along, like.

Don't suppose you know of any such people? I haven't started looking yet, as I'm still polishing the script, but it'd be a 10-to-15 minute animated zombie mini-epic short.

Yeah well that party line was broken in episode #2. I saw ROTLD runners. :lol:

MinionZombie
30-Dec-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah well that party line was broken in episode #2. I saw ROTLD runners. :lol:

You see a lot of things, Deej. :shifty::p

DjfunkmasterG
30-Dec-2010, 05:24 PM
You see a lot of things, Deej. :shifty::p

Dead people being at the top of the list.

LouCipherr
30-Dec-2010, 07:21 PM
Dead people being at the top of the list.

Pink elephants being 2nd? :lol: