PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Zombie Guide?

wayzim
31-Dec-2009, 12:54 AM
Not quite, but my recent addition to my Horror reference library is a decent read.

'Zombie Movies; The Ultimate Guide.' (Glenn Kay, Chicago Review Press 2008) is a modestly thorough and cheery look at The Undead on film (from 'White Zombie (32) and up to 'Diary of The Dead (2008) )
It's a touch of Famous Monsters (Uncle Forry/ Forrest Ackerman ) with just a hint of Joe Bob Briggs.
It does have a smattering of interviews to break up the monotony of film fan gush, and sometimes pander to the 'Hey! At least it has Zombies in it. ' tude but what do you expect from the title.
I was more bemused by the addition of some TV series with Zombie themed episodes but not others, like Buffy The Vampire Slayer or 'Love and Curses. '(formerly SheWolf of London )which had several outstanding Zombie eppies.
Also, but for this site that's a plus, Glenn is very fan boy where George Romero is concerned. Even Diary and Land(in which our boy Kay played a zombie. )get enthusiastic thumbs up.
Still, if you have Zombies on the ... Brains, as we all should, this is a nice book to have, reference wise.

Wayne Z
"This ain't no fright flick, or Creature Double Feature, Babe! "
DeadFall; ForeShadow.

clanglee
31-Dec-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I got this for Christmas. Fun little read. They left out quite a few movies, exp recent ones. I noticed that neither Dead Rising nor The Zombie Diaries made the cut. And they mentioned TreeHouse of Horror, but left off the South Park Zombie episode? Meh. . . .