PDA

View Full Version : the real music of the sphere...

Mike70
05-Jan-2010, 02:32 AM
these are recordings of the radio waves naturally produced by the earth, jupiter, and saturn. it's kinda cool to know that the earth and the other planets "sing" as they move through space.

a very serious note: before one of you decides to display your ignorance and post some inane bullshit about there being no sound in space, these sounds are radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation, that have been converted to audible sounds just like your FM radio does.

7Og_HjkCvro

jupiter as recorded by cassini:

XC5OnwNGCGw

saturn also recorded by cassini. this one is frickin spooky sounding, saturn must be telling a ghost story.

ViBrJ89pafY

capncnut
05-Jan-2010, 02:47 AM
You got the sounds of Neptune? It's just a whirring signal but I've been looking for that since 2006. Found it once, never found it again. The Titan lander descent is awesome, also.

Mike70
05-Jan-2010, 02:53 AM
You got the sounds of Neptune? It's just a whirring signal but I've been looking for that since 2006. Found it once, never found it again. The Titan lander descent is awesome, also.

i got you covered like a jimmy hat on this one:

rwnpXll_A_E

and as a bonus, here's the radio waves from uranus (insert joke here)

80Ngl2RY8sA

capncnut
05-Jan-2010, 03:08 AM
Odd that Jupe sounds like a squeaky old bike being oiled up. The Neptune sounds are much better listened to on the headphones btw.

Mike70
05-Jan-2010, 03:27 AM
The Neptune sounds are much better listened to on the headphones btw.

hehehe. yeah they do. i don't know why i didn't post neptune in the OP.

if you want to creep yourself the fuck on out, find one of the longer recordings of saturn and listen to that cranked up in a dark room.

clanglee
05-Jan-2010, 03:29 AM
and as a bonus, here's the radio waves from uranus (insert joke here)

Radio waves from uranus? Nickleback?

Mike70
05-Jan-2010, 03:51 AM
Radio waves from uranus? Nickleback?

get out of my head!!! :lol:

i damn near made that same joke myself.

capncnut
05-Jan-2010, 03:54 AM
Now if only rock bands would incorporate the sound of the spheres into their music... oh wait, didn't Hawkwind do that already?

Mike70
05-Jan-2010, 03:58 AM
Now if only rock bands would incorporate the sound of the spheres into their music... oh wait, didn't Hawkwind do that already?

funny you mention that because i had to listen to all these in their entirety before posting them because there are a lot of folks (read that as youtube fuckwits) that have sampled these recordings into their shitty "music."

AcesandEights
05-Jan-2010, 08:15 PM
Mmmmmm, come for the HPL reference, stay for the cool eeriness of the natural world(s). :)

Thanks for the share, Mike.

blind2d
05-Jan-2010, 08:23 PM
God's creations sure are amazing. Thanks for reminding us! Science is too.