PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead TV Series?

bassman
07-Jan-2010, 12:17 PM
Looks like another Romero rape is coming our way. MTV is adapting Dawn into a tv series.

Let me say that again in case you missed it - M....T....V....:|

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18618

MinionZombie
07-Jan-2010, 12:36 PM
*shoots self*

Nuff said.

deadpunk
07-Jan-2010, 12:39 PM
This news makes me want to go ahead and just kick myself in the forehead repeatedly while wearing golf cleats...:annoyed:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/thebeergoblin/mtv.jpg

krakenslayer
07-Jan-2010, 12:53 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:eek:

Ghost Of War
07-Jan-2010, 01:14 PM
*shoots self*

Nuff said.

Any bullets left in that gun? :annoyed:

bassman
07-Jan-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm guessing that it will be a spin off of Snyder's remake rather than Romero's original.

It's funny....I always said that the remake was geared toward MTV viewers. Kind of ironic...

AcesandEights
07-Jan-2010, 01:40 PM
Looks like a griper's wet dream. You can actually use the words "MTV generation" in the pejorative and have a leg to stand on now, folks. Use it for all it's worth.

And good find, Bassman.

PS--In before someone says this is old news.

krakenslayer
07-Jan-2010, 01:44 PM
I can see it now:

Teens making out
*camera shake*
*shake*
*shake*
*shake*
Gangstas shooting Mac 10s
*rap music*
*shake*
*shake*
*shake*
Close up of zombie's mouth going "raaar!"
*explosion*
*shake*
*shake*
*shake*
Helicopter

End credits play out to Slipknot

Trin
07-Jan-2010, 03:37 PM
No Zach. Specifically mentions GAR's original. Has a mix of runners and walkers. By MTV. Wow.

A mix of runners and walkers.

You gotta imagine this conversation... "If we use runners we lose the old school fans, which is a shame cause we're raping GAR's name for it. But if we use shamblers we lose the hip and trendy kids, and hey, we're MTV for shit sake. ... <pause>....<inspiration>... Hey, let's use both. That'll make everyone happy. We're geniuses."

Because, hey, what would bridge the divide between the PC and MAC community? Obviously, make both groups use both products. Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?

bassman
07-Jan-2010, 03:44 PM
No Zach. Specifically mentions GAR's original. Has a mix of runners and walkers. By MTV. Wow.

It seems to me that they're just mentioning Romero's name as the original source material. I mean....obviously this is going to lean closer to Snyder's remake. To make a spin off of the original film now would be suicide. All of us here love it, but let's face the fact that it's not THAT remembered for MTV to want to make a spin off.

The stylish and "hip" remake is still on people's minds though. If this show actually comes to be, they will probably show the remake a hundred times on MTV leading up to the series premiere and the show will take it from there.

It just wouldn't make sense for a channel like MTV to make a spin off from the original 30+ year old film. Romero is just getting credit as the source material.

darth los
07-Jan-2010, 03:56 PM
I can see it now:

Teens making out
*camera shake*
*shake*
*shake*
*shake*
Gangstas shooting Mac 10s
*rap music*
*shake*
*shake*
*shake*
Close up of zombie's mouth going "raaar!"
*explosion*
*shake*
*shake*
*shake*
Helicopter

End credits play out to Slipknot

Dude! You just described 3/4 of the movies that come out now days. :lol:

:cool:

thxleo
07-Jan-2010, 03:57 PM
My reaction to this news is similar to Franklin's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkne3ATWlk

rongravy
07-Jan-2010, 04:14 PM
MTV?
Dang, and I thought putting something like this on the Sci Fi channel was bad.
I stopped watching MTV a long time ago...
When they stopped actually showing music videos.
But, hey, at least this means there's still interest in zombies. Maybe it will spark someone with half a brain to make something better.

krakenslayer
07-Jan-2010, 04:32 PM
How exactly is having "both runners and shamblers" gonna work? Surely the runners would arrive at the mall (if, indeed, a mall features) before the shamblers, with the shamblers relegated to the back of the crowd. We'll never see them.

bassman
07-Jan-2010, 04:33 PM
How exactly is having "both runners and shamblers" gonna work?

Ask DJ...he's done it.:)

AcesandEights
07-Jan-2010, 04:40 PM
How exactly is having "both runners and shamblers" gonna work? Surely the runners would arrive at the mall (if, indeed, a mall features) before the shamblers, with the shamblers relegated to the back of the crowd. We'll never see them.

Well, think of it in terms of old people as mall walkers, they're slow and feeble-like, but compensate by getting there early.

Really, they'll just fit in shamblers where a slow menacing 'creepy' approach is required and put fast zombies in where a frenetic pace is required.

Ohhh-waaa-ah-ah-ahhh!

darth los
07-Jan-2010, 04:42 PM

Perhaps they're going to play up the rigormortis angle that we've brought up here a few times?

Speaking of rigormortis what's up with yojimbo? Anyone know?

krakenslayer
07-Jan-2010, 04:44 PM
Well, think of it in terms of old people as mall walkers, they're slow and feeble-like, but compensate by getting there early.

Really, they'll just fit in shamblers where a slow menacing 'creepy' approach is required and put fast zombies in where a frenetic pace is required.

Ohhh-waaa-ah-ah-ahhh!

Yeah, but how would they get there before the runners? And if the survivors are fighting a crowd for runners and walkers - they're gonna have to stay ahead of the runners primarily, by the time the walkers overtake them they're gonna be dead already.

My prediction, walkers will be used for "window dressing", runners will be the main enemy, and there will be other types of monsters too, a la Resident Evil.

It's early days I know but... we'll see.

sandrock74
07-Jan-2010, 04:44 PM
MTV is still around? Seriously, I have not watched it since.....I guess when Beavis and Butthead were on. When was that?

darth los
07-Jan-2010, 05:25 PM
Honestly, they can't do any worse than the crap they peddle as zombie movies now days anyway.

Yes, I'm talking to you to Gar. :(

Trin
07-Jan-2010, 05:46 PM
And on this week's episode of Real World - Monroeville Mall...

Christi - "So, like, I don't know what Britni was thinking. I'd totally staked out my spot in Macy's, you know, between cosmetics and purses. I had this cute little Coach but I also had a Louis Vitton picked out for evening, and since we like own the whole mall now, which is bitchin, I could have both. And then that skank-ho Britni was all up in my face about how we needed to get to JCPenney's and I was like, no I am not shopping at Penney's. And then I was like, your dad really needs some skin regimen cause he's like all chapped and stuff and his lip is split like all the way to his forehead, and I wouldn't have noticed but he totally made a pass at me, all grabbing at me and stuff, and she totally started crying and calling me bitch and running off. Like what's up with her, ya know? And my neck really itches where Bobby was kissing me. I mean, like he was totally biting and stuff like an animal. He drew blood and stuff. It was gnarly. And now it's all red and itchy and I feel bad. I hope he didn't give me some kind of like STD, you know, one of the mouth ones. I gotta go, someone's like shooting guns or something. So lame. Britni's a bitch... xoxoxox"

capncnut
07-Jan-2010, 06:02 PM
This is the final nail in the coffin for Dawn. Isn't it bad enough that most moviegoers instantly associate Dawn with Snyder's turd remake? Now they got to make a series about it?

My reaction to this news is similar to Franklin's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkne3ATWlk
Haha, you just had me rolling up with that. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
07-Jan-2010, 06:31 PM
mtv and a dawn of the dead spin-off? well, that tidbit of news officially ruined my fucking day/week/month/year.:|

C5NOTLD
07-Jan-2010, 06:45 PM
Can't wait for their cross over show at some point with Jersey Shore.

:annoyed: :hurl:

MoonSylver
07-Jan-2010, 08:10 PM
I dunno...could be really good...especially if what I hear is true

http://e19760127b.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/sike.jpg
HAHAHA! SIKE! FAKED YER MIND! :lol:

triste realtà
07-Jan-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't understand how the Romero rape is so easily peddled. I mean someone is putting up big money for these Creepshows, Day of the Deads and Dawns and how the hell is it netting a profit?

axlish
07-Jan-2010, 11:11 PM
the link isn't working anymore

Philly_SWAT
08-Jan-2010, 01:03 AM
the link isn't working anymore

It took quite a while, but it eventually came up for me. This is the kind of thing that I would WANT to like...however, it is hard to imagine that it would be anything other than total shit on MtV. Something like that would need to be on HBO or Showtime to do it justice.

blind2d
08-Jan-2010, 02:38 AM
Oh god, no! Where's NotLD: the series?! Entertainment industry bastards.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Jan-2010, 03:04 AM
I think it is BS, the link is dead and just reverts to the official BD homepage.

krakenslayer
08-Jan-2010, 09:41 AM
And on this week's episode of Real World - Monroeville Mall...

Christi - "So, like, I don't know what Britni was thinking. I'd totally staked out my spot in Macy's, you know, between cosmetics and purses. I had this cute little Coach but I also had a Louis Vitton picked out for evening, and since we like own the whole mall now, which is bitchin, I could have both. And then that skank-ho Britni was all up in my face about how we needed to get to JCPenney's and I was like, no I am not shopping at Penney's. And then I was like, your dad really needs some skin regimen cause he's like all chapped and stuff and his lip is split like all the way to his forehead, and I wouldn't have noticed but he totally made a pass at me, all grabbing at me and stuff, and she totally started crying and calling me bitch and running off. Like what's up with her, ya know? And my neck really itches where Bobby was kissing me. I mean, like he was totally biting and stuff like an animal. He drew blood and stuff. It was gnarly. And now it's all red and itchy and I feel bad. I hope he didn't give me some kind of like STD, you know, one of the mouth ones. I gotta go, someone's like shooting guns or something. So lame. Britni's a bitch... xoxoxox"

Roflmao! :lol:

(I don't know if people still say "roflmfao" or if it dropped out of fashion in, like, 1998)

MinionZombie
08-Jan-2010, 10:25 AM
Hoepfully it is dead, and just a load of bullshit, because who the fuck wants to watch My Super Sweet Zombie Invasion? :mad:

bassman
08-Jan-2010, 12:27 PM
I think we would all be happy if it were BS and that's why they now pulled it down.

But what if MTV made them take it down?:dead:

AcesandEights
08-Jan-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't want it to be BS :D

EvilNed
08-Jan-2010, 02:25 PM
I could never buy the both "runners and walkers" business. It somewhat belittles the zombies into a no longer collective force. Because suddenly, the zombies transform into more of a monster, where the weaker monsters walk and the stronger monsters run.

Don't like it... Don't like it at all. And I don't like runners, PERIOD. Running zombies are LAME AND SHOULD BE BANNED BY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

bassman
08-Jan-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't want it to be BS :D

Right. Sorry. Let me try it again - All of the SMART people want it to be BS.:p

Trin
08-Jan-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't want it to be BS either. But I'll gladly endure some suffering to watch everyone else suffer too. That's a win.

MinionZombie
08-Jan-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't want it to be BS either. But I'll gladly endure some suffering to watch everyone else suffer too. That's a win.
Masochsits. The lot of ya. :D

darth los
08-Jan-2010, 05:01 PM
Can't wait for their cross over show at some point with Jersey Shore.

:annoyed: :hurl:

Or...

THE REAL ZOMBIES OF THE O.C.! :D

shootemindehead
10-Jan-2010, 02:30 PM
Looks like another Romero rape is coming our way. MTV is adapting Dawn into a tv series.

Let me say that again in case you missed it - M....T....V....:|

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18618

Oh for fuck sake............

:annoyed:

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Roflmao! :lol:

(I don't know if people still say "roflmfao" or if it dropped out of fashion in, like, 1998)

Unfortuantely Trin's post may not ne that far from the truth, if this abortion somehow sees the light at the top of the bucket.

JDFP
10-Jan-2010, 02:54 PM
Don't like it... Don't like it at all. And I don't like runners, PERIOD. Running zombies are LAME AND SHOULD BE BANNED BY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Amen. I can see running infected people that AREN'T REALLY ZOMBIES such as "28 Days/28 Weeks", but DEAD running people? Bullshit. There's no way you're going to be able to run if you're dead. The idea of walking is really enough of a shocker with oh, I don't know... BEING DEAD AND ALL.

MTV doing a series on zombie? That's the dumbest f'ing thing I've heard in some time. What's next? BET doing a "David Allen Coe Show"? CMT doing a show on Heavy Metal? Some things just don't mix.

I agree with previous posters, I'd love to see a GOOD zombie show make it out there. It would be a great idea. But, for it to be properly done, it would have to be done by HBO/Showtime. I honestly even wouldn't mind seeing a PG-13 zombie show if the story is well done (such as FX for example). But MTV? What the hell?

j.p.

capncnut
10-Jan-2010, 03:35 PM
Running zombies are LAME AND SHOULD BE BANNED BY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
Quote of the new decade thus far.

bassman
16-Jan-2010, 02:31 AM
I still haven't seen any confirmation about this tv series....but I just noticed that Dawn 04 is playing on MTV tonight. All night.

Not a good sign.:dead:

clanglee
16-Jan-2010, 03:22 AM
Interesting. . . granted. . it will probably suck the great and hairy balls of the giant yak. . . . but, hey. . . it the imortal words of Oscar Wilde "The only thing worse than being talked about, is 'not' being talked about." In other words, no such thing as bad publicity. If the zombie remains out there, some of our dearest hopes still have a slight chance of fruition.

Still. . . it might not suck completely. . .I'll watch it, as I am sure most of you here will.

Tricky
16-Jan-2010, 10:54 AM
This news makes me want to go ahead and just kick myself in the forehead repeatedly while wearing golf cleats...:annoyed:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/thebeergoblin/mtv.jpg

:lol::lol: thats not wrong either!

bassman
16-Jan-2010, 02:59 PM
no such thing as bad publicity. If the zombie remains out there, some of our dearest hopes still have a slight chance of fruition.

This is true, but I think my biggest complaint is that kids these days already automatically think of Snyder's flick when you say "Dawn of the Dead". So a show based off of his flick will only make it worse. Thus further seperating people's memory from the vastly superior original film.

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2010, 05:34 PM
This is true, but I think my biggest complaint is that kids these days already automatically think of Snyder's flick when you say "Dawn of the Dead". So a show based off of his flick will only make it worse. Thus further seperating people's memory from the vastly superior original film.
Exactly, there's not enough education and appreciation these days with these fuckers.

Christ, and I'm only 25 ... acting like a curmudgeon, but so effing what, cos I know I'm right about it. Not enough kids in the know about quality ... too busy watching Audrina Partridge or whatever vapid waster with big tits, hanging on their every word.

AcesandEights
16-Jan-2010, 05:40 PM

Just wait, Bassman. Someday you'll hear:

"Man, I just saw that Dawn of The Dead prequel by some Romero dude."

bassman
16-Jan-2010, 05:44 PM

Yeah. But the kids who do see it will probably watch about 15 minutes and then say it's "gay" because of how old it is.:rolleyes:

C5NOTLD
16-Jan-2010, 06:17 PM
You're going to start hearing that about Dawn 04 before too long.
It's already 6 yrs old.

AcesandEights
16-Jan-2010, 06:33 PM
It's already 6 yrs old.

Remake time!

bassman
16-Jan-2010, 06:55 PM
It's already 6 yrs old.

Unfortunately you're probably right. :dead:

Maybe whoever remakes dawn for the second time will make it....you know...actually resemble the original film in some way?;)

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2010, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately you're probably right. :dead:

Maybe whoever remakes dawn for the second time will make it....you know...actually resemble the original film in some way?;)
Or realise "wait a minute, Romero's film was seriously awesome, and Snyder's hack-job sack of shit is an abomination" - then they run out, buy up every copy of Yawn04, and burn the fucking lot. :elol:

Trin
18-Jan-2010, 01:40 AM

Or, "someone did a retro look parody of Dawn of the Dead using some old shopping mall that looks like it was from the 80's."

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 01:55 AM
i can't help but wonder if romero was attached to this, MTV included, would some of you would be singing a different tune?

i get the impression sometimes (ok most of the time) that a few of you dorks feel that nobody but him should be allowed to shoot a movie with zombies in it.

yeah, yawn 04 is shit. it isn't crap because it is a remake of dawn but rather because it is an emotionally vacant track meet masquerading as a horror film. shaun and zombieland on the other hand are both completely entertaining and let's face it, better than anything romero has done in 25 years, possibly ever.

MinionZombie
18-Jan-2010, 09:57 AM
As I've always said, Yawn04 would suck whether it was titled Dawn or not, and whether it was "based on" Dawn78 or not. It's just a bad fucking movie.

Also, I'd be rather concerned if GAR was working with MTV, because I know it'd most likely not end up happening, but then again, I don't think he'd ever go so far as to team up with MTV - the mind sets are just too different.

MTV puts out a ton of shit these days anyway, so that's a major concern. We want good zombie stuff, not tosswank.

Neil
18-Jan-2010, 11:22 AM
As I've always said, Yawn04 would suck whether it was titled Dawn or not, and whether it was "based on" Dawn78 or not. It's just a bad fucking movie.

Also, I'd be rather concerned if GAR was working with MTV, because I know it'd most likely not end up happening, but then again, I don't think he'd ever go so far as to team up with MTV - the mind sets are just too different.

MTV puts out a ton of shit these days anyway, so that's a major concern. We want good zombie stuff, not tosswank.

Come on... Dawn of 04 isn't a bad movie really, it's just a bit week/cheesy and therefore average. It's like the Armageddon of zombie flicks :)

MinionZombie
18-Jan-2010, 12:50 PM
Armageddon's a lot better than Yawn04.

Yawn04 is just gash. If anyone's surprised I still think so, where've you been and what have you been smoking? :p

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 01:09 PM

i don't know man. that's like having a choice between a really bad case of athlete's foot or a really bad toothache.

didst thou know that new managers at NASA are made to watch armageddon and find all the scientific impossibilities? the running total is 168.

bassman
18-Jan-2010, 01:31 PM
I like the Dawn04/Armageddon comparison. Except I would say Armageddon has more of a comedy and plain entertainment value than Dawn04, so it's a bit higher on the chart.

Neil
18-Jan-2010, 01:35 PM

Yawn04 is just gash. If anyone's surprised I still think so, where've you been and what have you been smoking? :p

Down to personal tastes I guess... Armageddon is just to cheeeeesy for me, I can't stomach it :)

Yawn04, although unecessarily dumb/stupid, still has moments of interest - Mainly the first 15-20 minutes (Godzilla screems aside) :)

mista_mo
18-Jan-2010, 01:47 PM
Armageddon's a lot better than Dawn04.

Dawn04 is just gash. If anyone's surprised I still think so, where've you been and what have you been smoking? :p

ftfy.

Danny
18-Jan-2010, 02:11 PM
Down to personal tastes I guess... Armageddon is just to cheeeeesy for me, I can't stomach it :)

Yawn04, although unecessarily dumb/stupid, still has moments of interest - Mainly the first 15-20 minutes (Godzilla screems aside) :)

^This.

bassman
18-Jan-2010, 02:49 PM
Attempting to get the thread a bit more on track...

So say this show actually happens. What do you think would be the best route? Re-cast the remaining characters from Dawn04 and pick up where they left off(island), or follow an entirely different group that's held up in a mall or other public area.

Personally....I can't see them re-casting. On the other hand, I also can't see them making a tv series based on Dawn and not having it take place in a mall. They know that the teens will eat up the show if it takes place in their natural habitat....

So i'm leaning towards a new group of survivors in another mall. Which if handled by someone with half a brain, might not be all that bad.

Ah. Who am I kidding? We're talking MTV. It will be a whole bunch of characters like the red headed dog chaser and the "I'm mad at the world" black guy in the remake. Just a mall of bumbling idiots that nobody cares about.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Jan-2010, 02:52 PM
Reboot it, and start with all new characters and a brand new story. I just don't see this working on MTV though because quite frankly... the demographic is not DAWN material, whether it be DAWN 04 or DAWN 78.

This show stinks of huge flop if they try to do it with teens or even young adults. This should be a show on HBO or Showtime, not MTV.

krakenslayer
18-Jan-2010, 02:56 PM
Attempting to get the thread a bit more on track...

So say this show actually happens. What do you think would be the best route? Re-cast the remaining characters from Dawn04 and pick up where they left off(island), or follow an entirely different group that's held up in a mall or other public area.

Personally....I can't see them re-casting. On the other hand, I also can't see them making a tv series based on Dawn and not having it take place in a mall. They know that the teens will eat up the show if it takes place in their natural habitat....

So i'm leaning towards a new group of survivors in another mall. Which if handled by someone with half a brain, might not be all that bad.

Ah. Who am I kidding? We're talking MTV...

Well, as it's apparently not connected to James Gunn's 2004 script any more than it is to GARs 1978 script, there is an equal or better chance that they may actually go down the route of re-casting the original characters...

If that happens, who do you see MTV casting in the roles? Paris Hilton as Francine? Shia LaBeouf as Stephen? :lol:

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 03:00 PM
A

i say new group of characters in a new location, something that isn't a mall or a farm or fiddlers green. i wouldn't start at the outbreak either. i feel like that story has been done to death (hahahaha) in zombiedom. pick it up a few months in and let us get to know the characters in their new lives. i'd really prefer that nothing was ever shown of the characters previous lives. allusion can reveal bits and pieces but nothing too specific. this would be the story of what these folks are not what they used to be.

then again, who the fark am i kidding. if MTV does this the cast will be ate up. i don't think that MTV is actually aware that there are people over the age of 34.

bassman
18-Jan-2010, 03:01 PM
If that happens, who do you see MTV casting in the roles? Paris Hilton as Francine? Shia LaBeouf as Stephen? :lol:

At least one or two of the people from the Twilight series. Maybe a Jonas Brother. And Amy Winehouse will digitally portray all the zombies.

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 03:05 PM
This show stinks of huge flop if they try to do it with teens or even young adults. This should be a show on HBO or Showtime, not MTV.

i think DJ has hit one of the proverbial nails. a show like this should be done on HBO or Showtime. MTV will not be able to generate the intensity, bloodshed and gore needed to sustain this kind of story over the long haul. the major pay cable networks can and have done just that with other shows in the past.

though the perfect home for this would be the syfy channel. and don't start with the syfy channel bolderdash, to that i have only this to say: battlestar galactica and eureka.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

And Amy Winehouse will digitally portray all the zombies.

you mean she isn't one already?

bassman
18-Jan-2010, 03:06 PM
you mean she isn't one already?

Exactly. They'll just digitally duplicate her into a hoarde of the undead. No make up effects needed.

Just copy and paste. Helps cut down on the budget. I hear Courtney Love's audition was pretty good, too. :p

krakenslayer
18-Jan-2010, 03:10 PM
Other predictions: Headshots will be bloodless save for a little colourless puff of smoke from the squib. Humans overwhelmed by zombies will be dragged to the ground under a pile of the undead and we won't see any gore. When they revive, their clothes will still be in place, there will be very few visible injuries, their face will have a couple of lightly-scabbed claw marks on it and there will be a little tiny trickle of blood at the corner of their mouth.

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 03:15 PM
Other predictions: Headshots will be bloodless save for a little colourless puff of smoke from the squib. Humans overwhelmed by zombies will be dragged to the ground under a pile of the undead and we won't see any gore. When they revive, their clothes will still be in place, there will be very few visible injuries, their face will have a couple of lightly-scabbed claw marks on it and there will be a little tiny trickle of blood at the corner of their mouth.

don't forget that all the main characters will always look shower scrubbed with perfect, clean hair and, most likely, tans to boot.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I hear Courtney Love's audition was pretty good, too. :p

she can play all the male zombies.

krakenslayer
18-Jan-2010, 03:19 PM
don't forget that all the main characters will always look shower scrubbed with perfect, clean hair and, most likely, tans to boot.

And the zombies will all, inexplicably, have glowing red eyes which will never be mentioned or referred to in dialogue despite being an incredible and inexplicable phenomenon in itself.

As the show progresses, the plot will veer further and further away from the source material, finally jumping the shark with the introduction of a supermodel female scientist who has been working away in a laboratory basement with test tubes and computers to find a cure. It will later be revealed that she once had a relationship with the man who, it turns out, is responsible for the outbreak.

iluvc2h5oh
18-Jan-2010, 03:25 PM
Zack Snyder’s 2004 re-animation of the classic Dawn of the Dead was not the disaster many assumed (or wanted it) to be. In fact, all things considered, it was pretty good. Of course there was the minor controversy over running zombies, but they’ve been around since Umberto Lenzi’s Nightmare City, or we could even pin it on Romero’s own loonies-about-town thriller The Crazies.

According to Bloody Disgusting, MTV are set to take the Romero title and turn it into a television series. And why not? Imagine the huge narrative arcs and weekly dose of zombie mayhem that will have legions of fans glued to their seats. As long as it is taken seriously and not populated with deadheads of the human kind has seen on usual MTV fare. Although, it might be entertaining to watch vacuous spoilt brats eaten alive on a weekly basis.

There’s not »

- Martyn Conterio

Came across that...BTW why are all of you so cranky, MTV is in the bussiness of making money not pandering to two or three dozen guys on a DotD message board. If you want to make a zombie TV show, write the script and shop it around, if it is good someone will pick it up. If not quit with the whining it is getting old everytime a new zombie project is anounced.

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 03:26 PM
And the zombies will all, inexplicably, have glowing red eyes which will never be mentioned or referred to in dialogue despite being an incredible and inexplicable phenomenon in itself.

As the show progresses, the plot will veer further and further away from the source material, finally jumping the shark with the introduction of a supermodel female scientist who has been working away in a laboratory basement with test tubes and computers to find a cure. It will later be revealed that she once had a relationship with the man who, it turns out, is responsible for the outbreak.

sounds like a job for:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/R-2SSM9d2qI/AAAAAAAAQCg/JmPdnVkD4a4/s400/kari_byron_mythbuster.jpg

bassman
18-Jan-2010, 03:37 PM
If not quit with the whining it is getting old everytime a new zombie project is anounced.

Good point. Why should we be discussing and stating opinions of such things around a Romero fan site?:rolleyes:

Mike70
18-Jan-2010, 03:53 PM
.BTW why are all of you so cranky, MTV is in the bussiness of making money not pandering to two or three dozen guys on a DotD message board. If you want to make a zombie TV show, write the script and shop it around, if it is good someone will pick it up. If not quit with the whining it is getting old everytime a new zombie project is anounced.

ok mr. 24 posts, you wanted our attention and now you have it.

i don't think that MTV needs to pander to me. i don't give a bantha's anus about MTV. whether or not this comes to fruition means fuck all to me. i don't think MTV can adequately handle this sort of show in any sort of adult way.

i have no desire to make a zombie anything and really wish everybody would just stop with the zombie this-and-that for awhile.

god forbid that people on a forum dedicated to romero's zombie films discuss or even bitch about other zombie projects. i guess we'll all have to seek your permission to offer our personal opinions in future threads. we wouldn't want to bother you with our whining:rolleyes:

expecting people not to gripe and complain about things on the internet is very much akin to expecting rain to stop being wet.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Jan-2010, 04:27 PM
Well, as it's apparently not connected to James Gunn's 2004 script any more than it is to GARs 1978 script, there is an equal or better chance that they may actually go down the route of re-casting the original characters...

Kind of tired of people Bashing Shia LeBouf but giving Megan Fox a pass.

Anyone who thinks Shia cannot act needs to look no further than transofrmers 1 where he and Megan meet all the Autobots and Optimus gives them the entire history of their race.

As the ground begins to break apart and you see the backstory, watch Shia's expressions and mannerisms to it all unfolding (Remember he had to act to nothing so it could be done in post production) Then watch Megans face... not a single reaction or expression.

Shia has a lot more talent than he gets credit for, yet people act like MF's is the second coming Jessica Tandy.

In regards to casting, MTV will just attach the latest batch of rejects from The Real World, and the entire project will be overacted, under directed and a complete mess. f it turns out the opposite I will eat crow, but considering everything MTV has ever had their hands in is pretty much total shit, I don't expect this to be any different.

Now move this to HBO

Throw in names like Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick, Robin Wright Penn, Chole Sevingy, Isiah Washington, Coutney B. Vance, hell even Eric Stoltz and you would have a great show, with decent actors... just need a good team of dramatic writers.

Me personally, I would abandon all the over the top camp, and stick with straight dramatic zombie apocalypse story lines. Throw in a laugh here and there, but overall I would definitely make it as dark if not darker than Day of the Dead.

shootemindehead
18-Jan-2010, 04:55 PM
Yep, dark...no fuckin laughs. I'm sick to death of unfunny humour in TV series and movies. Bloody hate it. Rarely works.

Play it straight, or don't fuckin play it at all.

Can't see it happening tough.

:lol: (I said no fuckin laughs)

:rant:

krakenslayer
18-Jan-2010, 05:09 PM

Anyone who thinks Shia cannot act needs to look no further than transofrmers 1 where he and Megan meet all the Autobots and Optimus gives them the entire history of their race.

As the ground begins to break apart and you see the backstory, watch Shia's expressions and mannerisms to it all unfolding (Remember he had to act to nothing so it could be done in post production) Then watch Megans face... not a single reaction or expression.

Shia has a lot more talent than he gets credit for, yet people act like MF's is the second coming Jessica Tandy.

In regards to casting, MTV will just attach the latest batch of rejects from The Real World, and the entire project will be overacted, under directed and a complete mess. f it turns out the opposite I will eat crow, but considering everything MTV has ever had their hands in is pretty much total shit, I don't expect this to be any different.

Now move this to HBO

Throw in names like Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick, Robin Wright Penn, Chole Sevingy, Isiah Washington, Coutney B. Vance, hell even Eric Stoltz and you would have a great show, with decent actors... just need a good team of dramatic writers.

Me personally, I would abandon all the over the top camp, and stick with straight dramatic zombie apocalypse story lines. Throw in a laugh here and there, but overall I would definitely make it as dark if not darker than Day of the Dead.

Wow, hey, I never denigrated LeBouf's acting talent. I was commenting on the likelihood of MTV mis-casting people who are far too young for the role.

bassman
18-Jan-2010, 05:42 PM
I can see what Kraken's saying. Shia isn't necessarily all that bad, but he's a current "it" guy with the MTV viewers. All the kiddies go gaga over him, but he's also got some decent acting chops. I think most people hate on him because of Mutt Jones.:p

How about this for a worst case scenario? What if they tried to make this into one of those "reality" or punk'd shows? Throw a bunch of teens into a situation with zombie actors and hidden cameras. :hurl:

I know it's totally ridiculous. But I wouldn't put it past them.:stunned:

fartpants
18-Jan-2010, 08:13 PM

who the hell watches a Megan Fox film and looks at her face

ProfessorChaos
18-Jan-2010, 08:16 PM
here's some fine acting by mr. labeouf:

xlAuvp9RyCI

:lol::lol::lol:

archivesofthede
19-Jan-2010, 02:44 AM
I never realized he said so many NOs!!

MinionZombie
19-Jan-2010, 10:00 AM
Cumshot fantasists.

mista_mo
19-Jan-2010, 11:24 AM
I always found Megan Fox hot...until I saw her thumbs. Sorry but those are disgusting.

Mike70
19-Jan-2010, 11:48 AM
Cumshot fantasists.

:lol::lol:

that's classic.

bravo

darth los
19-Jan-2010, 01:58 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Classic, but true. That's how half these skanks have decent careers in the business.

As long as you can make men drool there will be a place for you in the popcorn flick genre!

SRP76
19-Jan-2010, 10:26 PM
Can't make a Dawn of the Dead series, and have it have jack shit to do with Dawn of the Dead.

The whole point of the film is being in the mall. As soon as you leave it, it's not Dawn of the Dead anymore. So what can they do? Have 500 "filler" episodes of the gang just sitting around the storage room, reading for an hour? That'll last real long.

bassman
19-Jan-2010, 10:40 PM
As much as this show sounds like crap, i'm going to have to respectfully disagree. You could make thousands of different scenarios play out in the mall. I've always imagined many different things that could have happened to the four in the original Dawn.

Not to mention they'll have the option of bringing in new characters to the mall every so often. As well as "dash and grab" missions for the people already there. So that provides a wealth of story possiblities.

sandrock74
19-Jan-2010, 10:43 PM
How about episodes where they attempt to secure back-up facilities? Or explore the area surrounding the mall? Heck, the barricading of the mall with the trucks could be a full episode alone!

bassman
20-Jan-2010, 02:19 PM
How about episodes where they attempt to secure back-up facilities? Or explore the area surrounding the mall? Heck, the barricading of the mall with the trucks could be a full episode alone!

Or they could go the remake route and just have the angry black criminal say "Shattaproof asshole!":rolleyes:

darth los
20-Jan-2010, 02:50 PM

I hope it turns out to be good. However, the one thing that would turn me off is it veering into soap opera territory. That we don't need.

Keep it on them surviving, not fran sneaking into peter's room one night for some "chocolate man" lovin'. :lol:

Mike70
20-Jan-2010, 03:33 PM
I hope it turns out to be good. However, the one thing that would turn me off is it veering into soap opera territory. That we don't need.

previously on "one zombie at a time"...

or is "as the zombie turns" better?

oh, how about "coronation zombie."

"the bold and the undead." i think that's the one right there. sounds like an action series, plays out like a soap opera.

darth los
20-Jan-2010, 03:58 PM
previously on "one zombie at a time"...

or is "as the zombie turns" better?

oh, how about "coronation zombie."

"the bold and the undead." i think that's the one right there. sounds like an action series, plays out like a soap opera.

How about:

General outbreak

All my ghouls

the real zombies of the O.C ?

Mike70
20-Jan-2010, 04:04 PM
How about:

General outbreak

All my ghouls

the real zombies of the O.C ?

:lol:

the real zombies of the O.C. i love it.

Thorn
20-Jan-2010, 04:09 PM
Never a fan of runners and walkers mixed, not a fan of runners either. If they make it so some moved faster than others because they are not as decayed fine.

As to what they would be good for (slow moving zombies) since the runners would get there first, the slow moving ones are great to arrive later and lay siege to the living.

darth los
20-Jan-2010, 04:18 PM
Never a fan of runners and walkers mixed, not a fan of runners either. If they make it so some moved faster than others because they are not as decayed fine.

As to what they would be good for (slow moving zombies) since the runners would get there first, the slow moving ones are great to arrive later and lay siege to the living.

Maybe we should be thinking about this a bit differently. Perhaps they are two strains of the virus that causes this.

Or, perhaps people reacting differently to the same virus ala left for dead where some become smokers, boomers, hunters, tanks or witches and for some reason the rest stay as common infected.

SRP76
20-Jan-2010, 04:27 PM
The Morningstar Strain series does it perfectly. People infected with the virus aren't dead yet, just "infecteds". Those are the runners. Once those infecteds actually croak, they get up as zombies. Those are your shamblers.

The only real difference between this and Romero's "rules" is that the bite would have made Roger a mindless 28 Days freak for awhile before dying, rather than just lying around in a wheelbarrow.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2010, 06:00 PM

And any acting coach will tell you any actor who can say something that many times and the General Public doesn't acknowledge it or realize it is a decent actor.

From most comments, most people didn't catch it.

Same as with the word fuck. Never have an actor use fuck too much unless they can make it work. Joe Pesci was able to pull this off to great lengths in Goodfellas and Casino. The word he had trouble with and became very annoying is "whatever" from Lethal Weapon 4.

darth los
20-Jan-2010, 06:09 PM
And any acting coach will tell you any actor who can say something that many times and the General Public doesn't acknowledge it or realize it is a decent actor.

From most comments, most people didn't catch it.

Same as with the word fuck. Never have an actor use fuck too much unless they can make it work. Joe Pesci was able to pull this off to great lengths in Goodfellas and Casino. The word he had trouble with and became very annoying is "whatever" from Lethal Weapon 4.

I thought they did a good job with the curse words in Day of the Dead.

I mean that flick is a curse-a-athon yet it doesn't feel out of place or overdone. In fact it felt as if they dire straits (love that band) required/demanded it.

It's actually one of the things i enjoy most about it. :lol:

DubiousComforts
20-Jan-2010, 09:07 PM
Neither did I.*

(*Of course, it would have helped had I actually seen any of his movies.)

sandrock74
20-Jan-2010, 10:05 PM
Or they could go the remake route and just have the angry black criminal say "Shattaproof asshole!":rolleyes:

Well, since he was killed off on ER last season (not to mention ER has wrapped up too), he's available for redoing the scene! :lol:

Philly_SWAT
21-Jan-2010, 01:45 AM
How about a show where they have to figure out how to stop a nuclear meltdown at the un-manned plant?

Mike70
21-Jan-2010, 01:55 AM
How about a show where they have to figure out how to stop a nuclear meltdown at the un-manned plant?

call it "the monroeville syndrome." is jane fonda available?

Philly_SWAT
21-Jan-2010, 02:36 AM
LOL! Ever see her in Barbarella? Hubba Hubba

Mike70
21-Jan-2010, 02:44 AM
LOL! Ever see her in Barbarella? Hubba Hubba

yeah but she was about 40 years younger then.

Philly_SWAT
24-Jan-2010, 09:20 PM
yeah but she was about 40 years younger then.

Yeah she was, but totally hot looking.

MagicMoonMonkey
24-Jan-2010, 11:02 PM
The Morningstar Strain series does it perfectly. People infected with the virus aren't dead yet, just "infecteds". Those are the runners. Once those infecteds actually croak, they get up as zombies. Those are your shamblers.

The only real difference between this and Romero's "rules" is that the bite would have made Roger a mindless 28 Days freak for awhile before dying, rather than just lying around in a wheelbarrow.

I struggled with this book at first. Took a while to get my head around the 28 days later infected types turning in to shambling zombies. Wasn't sure what the book was trying to do. Thought the scene portraying the river running thick with bodies was quite possibly the poorest bit of writing I have ever witnessed.
I eventually made it through the book thanks to being bored shitless while on holiday in Alcudia. Have you read the second book? I have it, but have not started it yet.

Philly_SWAT
28-Jan-2010, 12:21 PM
I struggled with this book at first. Took a while to get my head around the 28 days later infected types turning in to shambling zombies. Wasn't sure what the book was trying to do. Thought the scene portraying the river running thick with bodies was quite possibly the poorest bit of writing I have ever witnessed.
I eventually made it through the book thanks to being bored shitless while on holiday in Alcudia. Have you read the second book? I have it, but have not started it yet.

I think I may try to get the audio book so I can listen to this series in the car.