PDA

View Full Version : NYC terror trial will cost...

thxleo
07-Jan-2010, 07:39 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/york-estimates-cost-terror-trials-400-million/story?id=9496406

Bringing the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to NYC will not only be a circus, it's going to be one hell of an expensive circus!

capncnut
07-Jan-2010, 07:43 PM
400 mill just to say one word, "guilty". :dead:

ProfessorChaos
07-Jan-2010, 08:22 PM
that's just how the obama administration rolls:

http://www.moonbattery.com/obama-rainmaker.gif

darth los
07-Jan-2010, 08:36 PM
Anyone ever ponder that if the fear mongering elements of our political system and others would just turn the hysteria down a notch we might not need to spend so much on security?

Oh and atleast that's what dems do right? Spend money? We all Know that when we vote them onto office.

What's the republicans excuse for running up record deficits the past decade?

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
07-Jan-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh and atleast that's what dems do right? Spend money? We all Know that when we vote them onto office.

yeah, but this latest guy was voted in as the "change" cantidate....
http://wiseeats.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/obama-change.jpg

What's the republicans excuse for running up record deficits the past decade?

first:
http://www.iecclesia.com/archives/episode52/wtc-9-11.jpg

and then:
http://www.sarcastic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/george-w-bush-obama-poster.gif

Skippy911sc
08-Jan-2010, 02:57 PM
This is a small cost to pay to retain our Republic.
This about the cost in lives people and families have paid in war.
Lives are worth more than $400 Mill.
As I understood it this is what is sighted as the reason we fight in war... retain our Republic and the freedoms it represents.

darth los
08-Jan-2010, 04:37 PM
yeah, but this latest guy was voted in as the "change" cantidate....

If you actually believed that then that is way more disturbing to me.

Politicians will promise you everything under the sky, then when they get in it's all about the monied interests. Period.

Also, when people use an excuse, no matter what it is, to jettison their principles they cease to be principles.

ProfessorChaos
08-Jan-2010, 05:50 PM
If you actually believed that then that is way more disturbing to me.

nope, i don't really believe anything any politician says. what's disturbing to me about the obama-rama thing is how many people actually did believe it and voted for the guy and continue to hail him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

darth los
08-Jan-2010, 07:04 PM
nope, i don't really believe anything any politician says. what's disturbing to me about the obama-rama thing is how many people actually did believe it and voted for the guy and continue to hail him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It was like a mass hysteria right? Especially among us colored folk.

I guess alot of us figured once we got a brown guy in there things would be different. But this doesn't really do us any good. Like i asked in another thread. How do we change it?

I believe we need atleast 2 more political parties. The tea baggers are one and the left needs a purist element as well seeing as "liberal" has become a dirty word for some reason.

Competition is needed in order for a party to "treat us right". It's the same with corporations. If there's someone else you can go to you effectively force them to make you a better deal. Right now that's not the case in politics.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

that's just how the obama administration rolls:

http://www.moonbattery.com/obama-rainmaker.gif

But this is just pricless dude. :lol:

Tricky
08-Jan-2010, 07:36 PM
It was like a mass hysteria right? Especially among us colored folk.

I guess alot of us figured once we got a brown guy in there things would be different. But this doesn't really do us any good. Like i asked in another thread. How do we change it?

Yeah, theres plenty of other damn fine coloured folk who would do a lot better job than the black version of tony blair, all spiv, spin & smarmy grins! Its great & historic that a black guy got to be president, definitely a forward step, but I think he's not the man for the job judging by all the criticism going his way now!

Anyway, back to the original point of the thread, why bother spending so much cash trying this guy? He tried to commit mass murder & failed, plus theres a full airplane of witnesses!he's as guilty as can be! I say give him the injection!
I wonder if Obama will bring back the waterboarding he so recently abolished to find out who this fruitloops cohorts were.........

darth los
08-Jan-2010, 07:47 PM
Anyway, back to the original point of the thread, why bother spending so much cash trying this guy? He tried to commit mass murder & failed, plus theres a full airplane of witnesses!he's as guilty as can be! I say give him the injection!
I wonder if Obama will bring back the waterboarding he so recently abolished to find out who this fruitloops cohorts were.........

Well, i believe their rational is that our reputation is so badly damaged by things like abu gharib and guantanamo and bagram that 4oo mil is a small price to pay for showing the world that we have morals and therefore are justified in taking the moral high ground when certain situations pop up.

Take for example when Russia invaded georgia a while back. By what right did we dare tell them they were wrong? The U.S. runs up in any country they want with impunity and we have the balls to tell other countries they can't?

It's hypocrisy of the highest order and one of the reasons the people that hate us do.

Also, talk of waterboarding is nice but isn't it amazing how war turns you into the enemy you're fighting? Just food for thought.

SRP76
09-Jan-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, i believe their rational is that our reputation is so badly damaged by things like abu gharib and guantanamo and bagram that 4oo mil is a small price to pay for showing the world that we have morals and therefore are justified in taking the moral high ground when certain situations pop up.

Too many people are worried about that. Fuck the world and what they think. They're not looking out for us, they just want us docile, friendly, and there when THEY need US. If we're not performing some bullshit task for them, they have no use for us, and run us down to anyone who will listen. That's reality.

We need to do what's best for ourselves for a change. If the rest of the world doesn't like it, then they can go knocking on some other sucker's door when they want their problems solved. Quit only coming around when they want something.